Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

  1. #21
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You really are all about nuclear genocide arent ya?
    I'm all about whatever we decide to do as long as it doesn't involve troops back in Iraq. If air bombing isn't the answer because people complain it does nothing, what else can we do? What else is stronger?

    I like two options.

    #1 nuke Iraq and parts of Syria

    #2 Stay out of Iraq and Syria, it's their problem we're done, they wanna complain so hard then maybe they can do something for change.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I'd bet that on 9/10/2000, most Americans werent really concerned about Al Qaida. Hell...I'd bet on 9/10/2001, most Americans werent concerned they represented a real threat.

    I'm not surprised people today dont see them as a threat.
    Or the millions of Americans who don't know who or what al Qaeda is.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I'm all about whatever we decide to do as long as it doesn't involve troops back in Iraq. If air bombing isn't the answer because people complain it does nothing, what else can we do? What else is stronger?

    I like two options.

    #1 nuke Iraq and parts of Syria

    #2 Stay out of Iraq and Syria, it's their problem we're done, they wanna complain so hard then maybe they can do something for change.
    President Assad would have given no quarter to any of the terrorist groups that are fighting with the US/Western and Arab State (Qatar and Saudi anyway) blessings and support. President Assad has fought for years against these terrorist groups. He cannot be blamed for the power vacuum that has given rise to IS and other militant Islamic groups fighting there btw.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 09-10-14 at 06:08 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #24
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I'd bet that on 9/10/2000, most Americans werent really concerned about Al Qaida. Hell...I'd bet on 9/10/2001, most Americans werent concerned they represented a real threat.

    I'm not surprised people today dont see them as a threat.
    Irrelevant.

    Simply because two administrations in a row underestimated the Al Qaeda threat does not mean that ISIS is automatically about to blow up Washington. Because Obama had an agenda of "I stopped racism" in an election does not mean that the US need start nuking the region as some have openly suggested...and let's include Iran because they will have the bomb any day now. And we never hear about how the terrorists came to live among you\even after being under suspicion at one time, take flying lessons in your schools while taking months to study your security....

    Sooner or later a frightened populace needs to take a look at the real evidence and decide whether living in a military state is worth it.

    Syria/Iraq is not a security issue, it is purely political, staging for the mid terms, with the hawks trying to make Obama a dove, and Obama trying to make it look like he knows where to take a dump.

    Fact - more people die EVERY year on US highways than all the foreign terrorists deaths of civilians.
    Fact - NOT ONE terrorist has ever successfully penetrated US security.
    Fact - there have been more deaths through domestic security than foreign
    Fact - 14 years of continuous warfare, half of it on two fronts, an aggressive drone killing campaign and billions in aid to stop terrorism and the problem is worse.


    So, let's do more of what we've been doing.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #25
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    According to polls I read, 70+ percent already do support an air campaign.
    Yep, short memories. The mid term elections have implications for GOP support that have the votes but don't want to be helping out right here before the elections.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    A senior Homeland Security (DHS) official confirmed to Congress on Wednesday that militants associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) are planning to enter the United States via the porous southern border.

    Francis Taylor, under secretary for intelligence and analysis at DHS, told senators during a hearing that ISIL supporters are known to be plotting ways to infiltrate the United States through the border.

    “There have been Twitter, social media exchanges among ISIL adherents across the globe speaking about that as a possibility,” Taylor told Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) in response to a question about “recent reports on Twitter and Facebook of messages that would urge infiltration into the U.S. across our southwestern border.”



    Read more: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of border with Mexico - Washington Times

    BUT we've been assured that the border is protected more than ever and there is absolutely no foreseeable threat from IS here in the homeland.
    I don't believe ANYTHING that comes out of Homeland Security without factual proof.


    Homeland Security?

    The Department of Paranoia.

    And the NSA are the American Gestapo.

    And anyone who looks iffy is wisked off to the U.S. concentration camp (Gitmo) or sent to a ship in international waters to be tortured or renditioned to a country that will do it for them.

    Meanwhile, the President bombs any country he likes (whether Congress agrees or not) and the Federal Reserve is running the economy.


    America is slowly becoming a horrible country.

  7. #27
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I'm all about whatever we decide to do as long as it doesn't involve troops back in Iraq. If air bombing isn't the answer because people complain it does nothing, what else can we do? What else is stronger?

    I like two options.

    #1 nuke Iraq and parts of Syria

    #2 Stay out of Iraq and Syria, it's their problem we're done, they wanna complain so hard then maybe they can do something for change.
    You do realize the giant repercussions if we dropped a nuclear bomb would be right?


  8. #28
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Irrelevant.

    Simply because two administrations in a row underestimated the Al Qaeda threat does not mean that ISIS is automatically about to blow up Washington. Because Obama had an agenda of "I stopped racism" in an election does not mean that the US need start nuking the region as some have openly suggested...and let's include Iran because they will have the bomb any day now. And we never hear about how the terrorists came to live among you\even after being under suspicion at one time, take flying lessons in your schools while taking months to study your security....

    Sooner or later a frightened populace needs to take a look at the real evidence and decide whether living in a military state is worth it.

    Syria/Iraq is not a security issue, it is purely political, staging for the mid terms, with the hawks trying to make Obama a dove, and Obama trying to make it look like he knows where to take a dump.

    Fact - more people die EVERY year on US highways than all the foreign terrorists deaths of civilians.
    Fact - NOT ONE terrorist has ever successfully penetrated US security.
    Fact - there have been more deaths through domestic security than foreign
    Fact - 14 years of continuous warfare, half of it on two fronts, an aggressive drone killing campaign and billions in aid to stop terrorism and the problem is worse.


    So, let's do more of what we've been doing.
    Totally true.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #29
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You do realize the giant repercussions if we dropped a nuclear bomb would be right?
    I realize repercussions as well as benefits.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  10. #30
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: U.S. confirms Islamic State planning infiltration of southern border

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I realize repercussions as well as benefits.
    I realize the repercussions are going to vastly outweigh the benefits. Rather not open up the can of snakes again...


Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •