Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 200

Thread: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

  1. #101
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And yet you continue to argue such when the school never called her one.
    Please provide a link to where i argue that she is, or where the school labeled her as such. Whether or not she is a star student is of no consequence to the preliminary and revised decisions.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #102
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    This is pure nonsense. Assuming the student completes all required course work, the experience of going to another country to play in front of thousands of people is superior to anything offered by attending school.
    Still irrelevant.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #103
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It is your position that is weak as shown.
    My position is logically consistent.

    Your position is based on fallacies and an obsessive desire to defend authoritarianism.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #104
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still irrelevant.
    Says who? The guy who cannot put forth a coherent argument?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #105
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The school is wrong here. There was no reason not to excuse such absences from the beginning, and they knew this since they did in fact later excuse them.
    His position is both incoherent and contradictory. In one post he rambles on about whether the school labeled her a star student, while in another he claims the school board was just in their initial decision even after he is presented evidence they reversed their decision.

    Authoritarians often struggle with both logic and ethics.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What academic purpose does playing the piano serve? Can I get my kid out of school because he is really good at playing the guitar?
    Developing a talent and traveling the world playing music for prestigious institutions > rotting in a public school staring at a teacher all day.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Please provide a link to where i argue that she is, or where the school labeled her as such. Whether or not she is a star student is of no consequence to the preliminary and revised decisions.

    Please do try to follow.
    I never said the school said such. I pointed out they didn't say such.

    But you were the one who inserted himself in this by saying "How compelling!", and then by commenting about a comment to me.
    So are you saying that she wasn't a Star student?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #108
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Developing a talent and traveling the world playing music for prestigious institutions > rotting in a public school staring at a teacher all day.
    Absolutely!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #109
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I never said the school said such. I pointed out they didn't say such.
    Nobody cares.

    But you were the one who inserted himself in this by saying "How compelling!", and then by commenting about a comment to me.
    So are you saying that she wasn't a Star student?
    No, i was responding to the strength of your argument in a sarcastic manner, which is entirely justified given the basis of your position on the matter.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #110
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,317

    Re: 13 Year Old Piano Prodigy Treated As Truant By Public School System

    Parents, send your kids to private schools. If you can't afford one, lobby your representatives to support vouchers.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •