Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 337

Thread: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

  1. #221
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,086

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So what? It's means previously domesticated and now not. Colloquial definitions, used by racists, do not define the concept.


    Did you read it?

    1.
    existing in a natural state, as animals or plants; not domesticated or cultivated; wild.
    2.
    having reverted to the wild state, as from domestication:
    a pack of feral dogs roaming the woods.
    3.
    of or characteristic of wild animals; ferocious; brutal.


    Only ONE of three offered definitions fits your argument, twice as much data points in the other direction. Always a kick dealing with you.
    ....."actually, throughout my life my two greatest assets have been my mental stability and being, like, really smart"

  2. #222
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    Thinking you might wish to broaden your definition awareness, I posted as a favor.

    I frequent areas where I am not the top of the food chain... the animal population in it's entirety is referred to as 'feral' (especially bear and lion).

    Personally, I don't give a tinkersdamn... you are correct... I and the dictionary are wrong...

    Celebrate perfection... it's a worthy (albeit impossible) goal

    Thom Paine
    Well, I'm sorry Thom, but the way you began your post seemed to be more ridicule, then a helping hand, or "favor". Look here, your out on a limb on this, but if you don't give a "tinkersdamn", I suppose, neither do I.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #223
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Did you read it?

    1.
    existing in a natural state, as animals or plants; not domesticated or cultivated; wild.
    2.
    having reverted to the wild state, as from domestication:
    a pack of feral dogs roaming the woods.
    3.
    of or characteristic of wild animals; ferocious; brutal.


    Only ONE of three offered definitions fits your argument, twice as much data points in the other direction. Always a kick dealing with you.
    Why is the second definition not highlighted. Of course a feral animal is now living in the wild. But it's referred to as feral, and not wild, because it was first domestic.

    From Webster's
    2b : having escaped from domestication and become wild <feral cats>
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #224
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,574

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I am not sure what purpose is of debating the meaning of the term feral, but feral always refers to animals of a domesticated species living in the wild. Examples: Feral hogs, feral cats, feral goats, feral dogs.

    Feral hogs are a huge problem throughout the South. Feral cats are a big problem just about everywhere.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #225
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,086

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Why is the second definition not highlighted. Of course a feral animal is now living in the wild. But it's referred to as feral, and not wild, because it was first domestic.

    From Webster's
    2b : having escaped from domestication and become wild <feral cats>


    Oh....GEE...


    Maybe to highlight the fact two of three definitions are different than the singular claim?

    I can't believe we're having a ****ing debate about a text book definition of a two syllable word.


    I think I need to go watch some paint dry
    ....."actually, throughout my life my two greatest assets have been my mental stability and being, like, really smart"

  6. #226
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,086

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I am not sure what purpose is of debating the meaning of the term feral, but feral always refers to animals of a domesticated species living in the wild. Examples: Feral hogs, feral cats, feral goats, feral dogs.

    Feral hogs are a huge problem throughout the South. Feral cats are a big problem just about everywhere.
    I'm not sure either...I guess some people have waaay too much time on their hands.

    I didn't write the definition..take it up with the people who do....

    now back to that painf
    ....."actually, throughout my life my two greatest assets have been my mental stability and being, like, really smart"

  7. #227
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,661

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    OK, let's focus on the culture. Do you think the kids involved in attacks like these are the kids of middle class parents? Upper class? Lower?
    Are you saying that different classes of people exist? Are you saying that in those classes different cultures are accepted that are not in other classes? Or are you talking about income rather than class sine to otherwise would be to turn this from a diversion based on race to a diversion based on class of the perpetrators? I refuse to discuss or agree that different classes exist. We are all equal citizens. We all equal opportunity. However, equal opportunity does not translate to equal outcome.

    And as for the kids in the video, I have no idea what income level they come from. What difference does that make? And, why should it? Does a lower or higher income level give a person an entitlement to be violent, or restrict a person from being violent? What does how much money you have, have to do with the way you treat others?
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  8. #228
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So what? It's means previously domesticated and now not. Colloquial definitions, used by racists, do not define the concept.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh....GEE...


    Maybe to highlight the fact two of three definitions are different than the singular claim?

    I can't believe we're having a ****ing debate about a text book definition of a two syllable word.


    I think I need to go watch some paint dry
    Didn't you inject yourself, or do you feel that somebody pushed you in? Watch grass grow, its a better occupation. I will agree with you that we lost our topic, and welcome getting back on course.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 09-09-14 at 02:04 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #230
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: More than 100 teens swarm Memphis plaza, 'knocking out' shoppers

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh....GEE...


    Maybe to highlight the fact two of three definitions are different than the singular claim?

    I can't believe we're having a ****ing debate about a text book definition of a two syllable word.


    I think I need to go watch some paint dry

    You ever try watching flies ****? Very relaxing.. lol

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •