Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 267

Thread: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

  1. #231
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,331

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It wasn't an "error", you imagine that you wanted to get back to discussing facts and figures, whereas in reality you never began to discuss the facts and figures of the declining support for the GOP due to their (and your) continuing xenophobic Minuteman alienating rhetoric.
    Ok, I am going to be the bigger man here....

    Immigration seems like a simple impasse we find ourselves at...Demo's want a "comprehensive" bill, all inclusive so that they can not only load it to 2,000 pages of crap that has nothing to do with immigration, but more to do with the liberal wish list of what they could never get passed on its own, and Repub's want to approach it step by step so that what happened with the Reagan deal doesn't happen again where demo's promised border security if we just granted amnesty to those here, where instead what we got was the amnesty without any border security, and now we have 10 times the amount of illegal's...So, since the pendulum is swinging back and now you libs have the chance to practice all of that going along with your opposition to get things done right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #232
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, I am going to be the bigger man here....

    Immigration seems like a simple impasse we find ourselves at...Demo's want a "comprehensive" bill, all inclusive so that they can not only load it to 2,000 pages of crap that has nothing to do with immigration, but more to do with the liberal wish list of what they could never get passed on its own, and Repub's want to approach it step by step so that what happened with the Reagan deal doesn't happen again where demo's promised border security if we just granted amnesty to those here, where instead what we got was the amnesty without any border security, and now we have 10 times the amount of illegal's...So, since the pendulum is swinging back and now you libs have the chance to practice all of that going along with your opposition to get things done right?
    Again, the GOP's "steps"...are backward. Last year Rubio was point man on reform, going with the GOP review post 2012....but NOW, he has rejected his own previous position....because of....bagger opposition.

    Then and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #233
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,331

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, the GOP's "steps"...are backward. Last year Rubio was point man on reform, going with the GOP review post 2012....but NOW, he has rejected his own previous position....because of....bagger opposition.

    Then and now.

    If you really want to discuss this, then doing away with the "bagger" language would be helpful....Beyond that what is wrong with solving the problem step by step? When you have leak in the roof you don't gut the house do you?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #234
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    So basiclly the GOP wants to speed up the process of deportation?
    For some - for example, you would likely find the GOP pretty strongly in support of sending the however-many-friggin-so-called-"kids" who thought they were going to get "permissivo" from Obama back to their home countries. In general however, the position is Enforcement First. Then we talk about a limited amnesty.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Wow! Where do I start? Where is this radical right wing that you speak of? It has not existed since the Smoot Hawley era unless you want to include the rare Ruby Ridge hillbilly type character or followers of nut jobs like Jim Jones or David Koresh. I suppose that you think the Tea Party activists are radical right wingers. If they were, then you would have to accept that democrat party icon John F. Kennedy was a radical right winger. His fiscal views and policies were pretty much a match of what today's tea party groups are expressing....getting our fiscal house in order. You are at some point going to get over the fact that it's goofy to refer to anyone who is to the left of Karl Marx as a radical right winger.







    For now....let's stick with the biggest crackpot ideas....obamacare and comprehensive immigration reform without border security. We can add to that...but those are big ones.
    John F Kennedy as a tea partier. gee whiz but once that is the centerpiece of your argument - you pretty much leave me speechless.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #236
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    yeah - I figured you could not explain something which does not exist.
    you just keep dodgin' Haymarket, no one's even bothering to swing at you anymore.

  7. #237
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    John F Kennedy as a tea partier. gee whiz but once that is the centerpiece of your argument - you pretty much leave me speechless.
    Quotes by JFK:

    1. The American character has been not only religious, idealistic, and patriotic, but because of these it has been essentially individual. Independence Day Oration, July 4th, 1946

    2. Conceived in Grecian thought, strengthened by Christian morality, and stamped indelibly into American political philosophy, the right of the individual against the State is the keystone of our Constitution. Each man is free. Independence Day Oration, July 4th, 1946

    3. In Revolutionary times, the cry “No taxation without representation” was not an economic complaint. Rather, it was directly traceable to the eminently fair and just principle that no sovereign power has the right to govern without the consent of the governed. Anything short of that was tyranny. It was against this tyranny that the colonists “fired the shot heard ’round the world.” Independence Day Oration, July 4th, 1946

    4. The ever expanding power of the federal government, the absorption of many of the functions that states and cities once considered to be responsibilities of their own, must now be a source of concern to all those who believe as did the great patriot, Henry Grattan that: “Control over local affairs is the essence of liberty.” Commencement Address, University of Notre Dame, January 29, 1950

    5. I’d be very happy to tell them I’m not a liberal at all…I’m not comfortable with those people. Saturday Evening Post, June 1953

    6. I say this not because I believe Christianity is a weapon in the present world struggle, but because I believe religion itself is at the root of the struggle, not in terms of the physical organizations of Christianity versus those of Atheism, but in terms of Good versus Evil, right versus wrong… Our minds, like the headlines of our newspapers, are intent upon the present and future conflicts of armed might, and upon the brutal, physical side of that ominous war upon which we have bestowed the strange epithet “cold”. We tend to forget the moral and spiritual issues which inhere in the fateful encounter of which the physical war is but one manifestation. We tend to forget those ideals and faiths and philosophical needs which drive men far more intensively than military and economic objectives. Commencement Address, Assumption College, June 3, 1955

    7. But in “the stern encounter”, in the moral struggle, religion is not simply a weapon- it is the essence of the struggle itself. The Communist rulers do not fear the phraseology of religion, or the ceremonies and churches and denomination organizations. On the contrary, they leave no stone unturned in seeking to turn these aspects of religion to their own advantage and to use the trappings of religion in order to cement the obedience of their people. What they fear is the profound consequences of a religion that is lived and not merely acknowledged. They fear especially man’s response to spiritual and ethical stimuli, not merely material. A society which seeks to make the worship of the State the ultimate objective of life cannot permit a higher loyalty, a faith in God, a belief in a religion that elevates the individual, acknowledges his true value and teaches him devotion and responsibility to something beyond the here and now [Emphasis ours]. The communist fear Christianity more as a way of life than as a weapon. In short, there is room in a totalitarian system for churches- but there is no room for God [Emphasis ours]. The claim of the State most be total, and no other loyalty, and no other philosophy of life can be tolerated. Commencement Address, Assumption College, June 3, 1955

    8. This administration is pledged to a Federal revenue system that balances the budget over the years of the economic cycle – yielding surpluses for debt retirement in times of high employment that more than offset the deficits which accompany – and indeed help overcome – low levels of economic activity in poor years…Debt retirement at high employment contributes to economic growth by releasing savings for productive investment by private enterprise and State and local governments.” Special Message to the Congress: Program for Economic Recovery and Growth, February 2, 1961

    9. If it is in the public interest to maintain an industry, it is clearly not in the public interest by the impact of regulatory authority to destroy its otherwise viable way of life. Special Message to the Congress on Regulatory Agencies, April 13, 1961

    10. While government economists can point out the necessity of increasing the rates of investment, of modernizing plant and productivity, while Washington officials may urge responsible collective bargaining and responsible wage-price decisions, we also recognize that beneath all the laws and guidelines and tax policies and stimulants we can provide, these matters all come down, quite properly in the last analysis, to private decisions by private individuals. Address Before the United States Chamber of Commerce on Its 50th Anniversary, April 30, 1962

    11. We want prosperity and in a free enterprise system there can be no prosperity without profit. We want a growing economy and there can be no growth without the investment that is inspired and financed by profit. We want to maintain our natural security and other essential programs and we will have little revenue to finance them unless there is profit. We want to improve our balance of payments without reducing our commitments abroad, and we cannot increase our export surplus, which we must, without modernizing our plants through profit…In short, our primary challenge is not how to divide the economic pie, but how to enlarge it. Address Before the United States Chamber of Commerce on Its 50th Anniversary, April 30, 1962

    12. This administration intends to cut taxes in order to build the fundamental strength of our economy, to remove a serious barrier to long-term growth, to increase incentives by routing out inequities and complexities and to prevent the even greater budget deficit that a lagging economy would otherwise surely produce. The worst deficit comes from a recession, and if we can take the proper action in the proper time, this can be the most important step we could take to prevent another recession. That is the right kind of tax cut both for your family budget and the national budget…Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary. And these new jobs and new salaries can create other jobs and other salaries and more customers and more growth for an expanding American economy. Radio and Television Report to the American People on the State of the National Economy, August 13, 1962

  8. #238
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please do. Of course my prediction centers around one key and all important variable: that Obama will grow a pair and turn into the battling, scrapping, fighting defender of the people..... something that he has been rather reluctant to do during the first 5.7 years of his presidency.


    Wait, first you say that the two years of predicted bitterness is an absolute
    You could not ask for a better formula for Democratic success in 2016.
    ..is rather concrete...

    Then you say it all depends on something Obama has so far been unable to to, as in grow a pair....

    Are you conceding a Republican victory in 2016?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #239
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    He shares ownership of obamacare in a big way as well. Many of the decisions were made in the white house between Obama and the likes of Pelosi and Reid. Not to mention the fact that previous statements he uttered made it clear that he saw obamacare as a stepping stone to single payer.

    I suggest there is some very selective memory going on here.

    Obama commissioned the bill...had it written in other words.

    He spent two years claiming "credit" for it before it was released...

    He amended it 22 times by executive order.

    He. Owns. It.

    Period.

    "Like rats they squirm to avoid the inferno of their wicked ways..." Winston Churchill about Labor trying to escape blame, which seems to be pattern of the left.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #240
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Wow! Where do I start? Where is this radical right wing that you speak of? It has not existed since the Smoot Hawley era unless you want to include the rare Ruby Ridge hillbilly type character or followers of nut jobs like Jim Jones or David Koresh. I suppose that you think the Tea Party activists are radical right wingers. If they were, then you would have to accept that democrat party icon John F. Kennedy was a radical right winger. His fiscal views and policies were pretty much a match of what today's tea party groups are expressing....getting our fiscal house in order. You are at some point going to get over the fact that it's goofy to refer to anyone who is to the left of Karl Marx as a radical right winger.







    For now....let's stick with the biggest crackpot ideas....obamacare and comprehensive immigration reform without border security. We can add to that...but those are big ones.


    Border security? We don't need no stinkin' border security!

    We got amnesty for Mexicans and machine guns along the Canadian border...why on earth would Obama need border security, everyone knows terrorists only attack by airplane
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •