Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 267

Thread: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

  1. #221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    oh my...
    you have gone from justifying your threat trying to say I made one ...... to then denying that you posted a threat..... to demanding that I produce that threat ...... to then taking that threat and trying to pretend you were kidding ....... to blaming me for your own language and actions...... to finally resorting to a sad and pathetically weak attempt at mockery. All this because your own mouth overloading your intellect and you said something that you simultaneously tried to back away from while denying it at the same time.


    Very very very sad.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #222
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where is the DOUBLE part you mentioned?
    Nope. Not gonna feed the troll.

  3. #223
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    It doesn't change the argument much, since again, this is not "75% of independent disagree", plus, the GOP can "win" the Independents... and lose the election.
    ....We are talking about a single issue. An issue on which a broad majority of Americans agree with the basic GOP premise and disagree with the President. You can try to find any silver lining you like, but those remain the basic realities. As I demonstrated for you, and as you ignored.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....We are talking about a single issue. An issue on which a broad majority of Americans agree with the basic GOP premise and disagree with the President. You can try to find any silver lining you like, but those remain the basic realities. As I demonstrated for you, and as you ignored.
    So basiclly the GOP wants to speed up the process of deportation?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #225
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Nope. Not gonna feed the troll.
    yeah - I figured you could not explain something which does not exist.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #226
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Now that GOP Sen. Cruz is pushing for a vote BEFORE the election on what the President will do AFTER the election,
    Latino anger will be redirected to the appropriate GOP House,
    which has refused to go to Joint Conference on Sen. Rubio's Dream Act for 16 months .
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    So basiclly the GOP wants to speed up the process of deportation?
    Physics is Phun

  7. #227
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....We are talking about a single issue. An issue on which a broad majority of Americans agree with the basic GOP premise and disagree with the President. You can try to find any silver lining you like, but those remain the basic realities. As I demonstrated for you, and as you ignored.
    I do tend to ignore Rasmussen and NumbersUSA....for good reason.....and the last link, the Hispanic Poll, was taken prior to the Marco flip-flop, this question now would get a very different response:

    Some people who say that there are new forces in the Republican Party like Senator Marco Rubio who are fighting for
    immigration reform
    and fair treatment for Latinos. OR
    Others who say that it is the same old Republican Party and is as prejudiced as always against Latinos.


    Marco, and others who were for reform, have abandoned it....going back to the Old White Party ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #228
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    The GOP would lose a lot of their members. Neoconservatives going back home after being under the GOP tent for almost forty years.

    The Democrat Party needs to clean house. But as long as Democrat voters remain uninformed or misinformed, why clean the house ?
    While the last non-establishment republican president (Reagan) did manage to draw a considerable number of fiscally conservative democrats, I don't see the democrat party turning back from the abyss for quite some time.

  9. #229
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    It is nothing like Obamacare. With Obamacare, he can say that he just signed what Congress wrote because he agreed with much of it without detailing what he disagreed with. With anything he does on immigration, then everyone knows that he is the author.
    He shares ownership of obamacare in a big way as well. Many of the decisions were made in the white house between Obama and the likes of Pelosi and Reid. Not to mention the fact that previous statements he uttered made it clear that he saw obamacare as a stepping stone to single payer.

  10. #230
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: White House: Obama to Delay Immigration Action

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are 100% wrong on both counts and it amazes me how somebody like you and I do not even live on the same planet let alone in the same country. The GOP establishment will do every single thing they need to do to suck up to the radical right wing to keep it all together and use their temporary majority to pass their wish list of extremist nonsense. this will happen as sure as the sun sets in the west.
    Wow! Where do I start? Where is this radical right wing that you speak of? It has not existed since the Smoot Hawley era unless you want to include the rare Ruby Ridge hillbilly type character or followers of nut jobs like Jim Jones or David Koresh. I suppose that you think the Tea Party activists are radical right wingers. If they were, then you would have to accept that democrat party icon John F. Kennedy was a radical right winger. His fiscal views and policies were pretty much a match of what today's tea party groups are expressing....getting our fiscal house in order. You are at some point going to get over the fact that it's goofy to refer to anyone who is to the left of Karl Marx as a radical right winger.


    Second, please provide the list of left wing crack pot ideas that you claim were put to a vote in the early years of Obama when they had the big majority. I want to see it because lots of dems feel betrayed that those two years were badly wasted and we saw no real effort to do anything approaching the FDR 100 days.

    So lets see that list to prove your claim.
    For now....let's stick with the biggest crackpot ideas....obamacare and comprehensive immigration reform without border security. We can add to that...but those are big ones.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •