Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 214

Thread: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

  1. #111
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    I have to agree with you Hatuey, Oswald was a lone gunman who was a communist supporter. I notice no one ever talks about the Police officer he killed when he was fleeing? Doesn't fit the narrative I guess?
    I don't think it's that it "doesn't fit the narrative" (whatever that's supposed to mean), it's that the historical significance of the president's assassination is slightly higher.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Spy FOR Cuba, not ON Cuba. Like I wrote, yanno.
    Absolutely correct. My error and in fact I was following that point, despite my using 'for' for "on|. Glad you caught that.

    More claptrap. For some of you "independents" (LOL), it's like the Red Scare never ended.
    For many people it still has not ended. And of course any well read person would know that it was more than a 'scare'. Millions of people perished because of this left wing lunacy.

    I don't doubt that there are some in academia who have communist sympathies, but I would say the percentage is absolutely infinitesimal.
    Why not so some research?

  3. #113
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    For many people it still has not ended.
    Understatement of the century, given the frequency of "liberals = communists" around these parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And of course any well read person would know that it was more than a 'scare'. Millions of people perished because of this left wing lunacy.
    The "Red Scare" was the hunt for communists here in the U.S. How many people died because of communism here in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why not so some research?
    What research am I supposed to do.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #114
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't think it's that it "doesn't fit the narrative" (whatever that's supposed to mean), it's that the historical significance of the president's assassination is slightly higher.
    Well I know some claim he was just setup and actually had nothing at all to do with the assassination. Sooo

  5. #115
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Well I know some claim he was just setup and actually had nothing at all to do with the assassination. Sooo
    "Some" are wrong.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #116
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Better dead than red!

    Seriously, anyone who thinks that Cuban influence in academia is at any level above microscopic is an idiot. The Fox article just says, based on the report, that Cuba is trying to place moles in academia. It says nothing about how successful the Cubans have been.
    Traditionally Cubans have punched way above their weight class with regards to espionage. are they being successful? Depends on your definition of the term, I suppose.

    But look, this stuff happens all the time. China does this on a mass scale

  7. #117
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Well I know some claim he was just setup and actually had nothing at all to do with the assassination. Sooo
    True Enough

  8. #118
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Too funny! Thanks.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #119
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,044

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not theory. Everything I posted is fact.
    Except the part where you claim he worked with the Cubans to kill Kennedy. There is no evidence of that. Only assumption. Please stop digging your hole.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #120
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cuban intelligence agencies recruit leftist professors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Except the part where you claim he worked with the Cubans to kill Kennedy. There is no evidence of that. Only assumption. Please stop digging your hole.
    My personal judgment has been that it was the Cubans acting at the behest of the Vietnamese. It's just my speculation.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •