Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To 6.1

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nice selective quoting you've done there.

    Why not quote the link about their 10 different Stimulus packages I posted ?
    Uh, the 2 "examples" shown are comments on Japanese QE (which has nothing to do with US policy) after which your own comment concerned "fiscal stimulus".

    Another fundamental error, another denial of error.

    And yes, they entered into Monetary Stimulus to " fix " what couldn't be fixed by borrowing 10 Trillion Yen and spending loads of it on " infrastructure "

    No really, they're just putting off the inevitable by driving down their interest rates to near zero so their debt service amount doesn't equate to 80 percent of their budgeted expenses.
    Actually, when interest rates rise, the costs of any past bonds declines.

    Let me know when you want to get back to the US, on topic, instead of your foreign diversions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    LOL

    typical ad hominem.

    i can't refute anything so i will just go on the attack.

    no businesses expand to make more money to take up more market. therefore increasing demand by introducing themselves into new markets.
    right now they have no reason to expand because the ROR on expansion is low. what makes it low? all the bloody government regulations.

    obama's regulations have cost businesses billions of dollar of which they could have expanded with and built jobs with.
    no instead all that money was wasted on government compliance.
    Since corporations are VERY cash rich right now, you would think that they would be the ones hiring to capture the demand you presume exists....but they are not. You assume that economic conditions are "normal".....but they are not. Your argument could be true IF demand was normal......but it is not.

    Until you supply-siders come to grips with the econ conditions (that have existed over the last 6 years, does it really take that long to learn which way the wind is blowing?) you are going to keep making incorrect prescriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Since corporations are VERY cash rich right now, you would think that they would be the ones hiring to capture the demand you presume exists....but they are not. You assume that economic conditions are "normal".....but they are not. Your argument could be true IF demand was normal......but it is not.
    lol my arguments are true because that is how businesses operate. yep they are cash rich. they are holding about 1.5 trillion dollars.
    you missed the part where the ROR on expanding is not worth it. It isn't worth it because the government has made it to expensive to expand.

    some states are expanding at a rapid rate because they are giving the companies reasons to come into their states mostly through huge tax breaks.
    why? because they realize the short term tax breaks = long term jobs which means more taxes.

    economic situation isn't normal because the government has regulated it into that stituation.

    Until you supply-siders come to grips with the econ conditions (that have existed over the last 6 years, does it really take that long to learn which way the wind is blowing?) you are going to keep making incorrect prescriptions.
    Until you government people come to grips with the fact that it is the economy and businesses that generate taxes and adopt pro-business regulations and pro-business and pro-success tax structures the economy will continue in this stagnant grip that it has been in since obama took office.

    he has maintained an weak 2% GDP since he took office. sorry but government doesn't create jobs like obama thinks. it is people, businesses and investment that drives jobs.
    something that obama stands against.

  4. #74
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    lol my arguments are true because that is how businesses operate. yep they are cash rich. they are holding about 1.5 trillion dollars.
    you missed the part where the ROR on expanding is not worth it. It isn't worth it because the government has made it to expensive to expand....
    That's total nonsense. If there was sufficent demand for a company to expand, it would expand. Remember, costs are passed on to the consumer.

    The only reasons that businesses don't expand is because the market is already meeting 100% of demand. In other words, businesses are currently the correct size, and are producing about the right amount of goods and services.

    If there became a void in our production system, let's say like stores couldn't keep enough beef jerky in stock, then companies would expand to start producing more beef jerky, or products which could be alternatives to beef jerky (chicken jerky?).
    Last edited by imagep; 09-07-14 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #75
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Think I'll just put this here - from the most recent jobs report:



    Almost 5% drop in labor force participation.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  6. #76
    Educator newpublius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverdale, NJ
    Last Seen
    10-03-17 @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Demand and it's senses are easily conflated, people demand what they need/want, but the word 'demand' suggests the nuance that is missing, demand is your ability to supply that which is desired giving you the equitable right to demand/command something of value in return.

  7. #77
    Educator newpublius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverdale, NJ
    Last Seen
    10-03-17 @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Think I'll just put this here - from the most recent jobs report:



    Almost 5% drop in labor force participation.
    Indeed, a bleak future awaits our children.

  8. #78
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Think I'll just put this here - from the most recent jobs report:



    Almost 5% drop in labor force participation.
    Looks to me that it is about the same level it was 9 months ago. Maybe about all the people who are going to drop out of our work force have already done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #79
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by newpublius View Post
    Indeed, a bleak future awaits our children.
    They will either want a job, or not. If they want a job, others dropping out of the work force will only help them find a job. If they don't want a job, then they will have lot's of company. Either way, I don't see it as a bleak
    future.

    In the long run, due to improvements in technology, most all of us will be able to enjoy more leisure time and leisure years. We will either work fewer hours per week, or fewer years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Added Just 142,000 Jobs In August, Unemployment Down To

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The only reasons that businesses don't expand is because the market is already meeting 100% of demand. In other words, businesses are currently the correct size, and are producing about the right amount of goods and services.

    If there became a void in our production system, let's say like Walmart couldn't keep enough beef jerky in stock, then companies would expand to start producing more beef jerky, or products which could be alternatives to beef jerky (chicken jerky?).

    So there's more demand in States like Texas than in States like California ?

    Because in Houston everywhere you turn there exist a Tower Crane.

    Rising out of the beginnings of a New block of Town Homes, or a New Hospital, or a Corporations new Headquarters.

    In nearly every strip mall new build outs are taking place so smaller bussinesses can open up new locations.

    So unless the level of Demand is all the sudden dependant on geographic location your theory doesn't hold water.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •