Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 615

Thread: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden[W:335:480]

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I get so effing tired of this stupid stuff, sometimes, that I want to puke.How did we get to the point where "the left" automatically defends Islamism? Why is only "the right" objecting to it?

    This anti-humanist ideology affects us all, it is against every liberal value we hold dear in western culture, and we should all be equally concerned, yet the battle lines keep getting drawn more and more severely by people who think they just HAVE to defend Islamism to earn their lefty cred.

    good grief.
    To the left, being objective is considered an act of bigotry. To admit the problems with islamist is therefore bigoted on its face-because all cultures are equal you know.

    The problem is then made worse by the lefts inability to address this dichotomy in values between islamists and western values.

    Personally, I believe western values are superior.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    The facts are not becoming anti Muslim. As far as I'm concerned, there are no facts as to any Muslim aspect of this story at this time. Why would you give any credence to unconfirmed allegations of what amounts to neighborhood gossip? Going by another unconfirmed piece of neighborhood gossip in your own link, if he truly is a recently converted Muslim, why would he walk around giving the finger to other Muslims?
    Muslims are killing each other every day so giving the finger is not that big a deal.

    It doesn't matter to me whether he is Muslim or not but what I find amusing are those who go to pains to say there is no connection to this guy and Islam. So what either way? If he is a Muslim does that mean all Muslims chop off people's heads? If he isn't a Muslim does that mean that no Muslims chop off people's heads? Some do, most don't, would seem the honest answer but right now, as well is a few years ago, it does seem de rigueur for some members of the R of P. to make a point of decapitating innocent people.

    Whenever there are stories abut pizza shops being bombed, or buses exploding, many rush to say 'there is no evidence this had anything to do with Muslims' and then, shortly thereafter, it turns out that Muslims, almost inevitably, were involved. And after these random killings no one rushes to say they weren't Christians, Jews, or atheists. It's now become reflexive, because of the numbers, that we assume it is some Muslim.

    But why not guess, given the odds, that it is probably a Muslim who did the beheading? Are we concerned about hurting their feelings? Are they not adults, or so backward they need constant patronizing? Christians can take these attacks on their religion, Jews certainly can, but Muslims seem to need special care and handling. Why is that? Are relations between religions expected to improve if we stay silent??

  3. #83
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What are moderate and peaceful Muslims to do about extremists that cut people's heads off? Notify authorities, too funny!
    Moderately and peacefully inform authorities who are not extremists. Duh.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #84
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Muslims are killing each other every day so giving the finger is not that big a deal.

    It doesn't matter to me whether he is Muslim or not but what I find amusing are those who go to pains to say there is no connection to this guy and Islam. So what either way? If he is a Muslim does that mean all Muslims chop off people's heads? If he isn't a Muslim does that mean that no Muslims chop off people's heads? Some do, most don't, would seem the honest answer but right now, as well is a few years ago, it does seem de rigueur for some members of the R of P. to make a point of decapitating innocent people.

    Whenever there are stories abut pizza shops being bombed, or buses exploding, many rush to say 'there is no evidence this had anything to do with Muslims' and then, shortly thereafter, it turns out that Muslims, almost inevitably, were involved. And after these random killings no one rushes to say they weren't Christians, Jews, or atheists. It's now become reflexive, because of the numbers, that we assume it is some Muslim.

    But why not guess, given the odds, that it is probably a Muslim who did the beheading? Are we concerned about hurting their feelings? Are they not adults, or so backward they need constant patronizing? Christians can take these attacks on their religion, Jews certainly can, but Muslims seem to need special care and handling. Why is that? Are relations between religions expected to improve if we stay silent??
    Sorry, Grant. I don't do "guesses". What do you say we continue this conversation when more details are known? Until then, you'll have to take this up with people who like to deal in this sort of speculation. It's simply not my thing.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Correlation does not necessarily mean causation.
    And you are being misleading is your statistics.... the U.S. population is like 6 times larger than the UKs.

    Another fact about European countries is they are vastly more homogeneous than America. In the UK 87% of the people are Caucasian with the next highest population group being Black with 3%. In America it is 63% and the next highest group is 17% and the next 12%. This results in much greater cultural differences... also not to mention the Geography of America is vastly different than that of the UK which is on its own little island.

    For example African American's account for over 50% of all murders in the US from 1980-2008 even though they represent only 12% of the population.

    The combination of greater population totals, different cultures and ethnic groups, and geography makes these to Countries completely incomparable in that respect.
    The cruel fact is that if only white people were included in the stats the percentages would be about the same. That is an unacceptable thing to say in today's world but until the cultural problems are confronted, not much will ever change. It is a good thing that many American Blacks are starting to question their own culture because White people are often called 'racist' whenever this problem is pointed out. And it is a cultural problem, not a race problem.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Sorry, Grant. I don't do "guesses". What do you say we continue this conversation when more details are known? Until then, you'll have to take this up with people who like to deal in this sort of speculation. It's simply not my thing.
    The same left that did anything but reserve judgement in Ferguson or last year in the Zimmerman trial has no credibility in saying that. Besides, this isn't a court of law, its a discussion forum. People can speculate all day like its cool.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Sorry, Grant. I don't do "guesses". What do you say we continue this conversation when more details are known? Until then, you'll have to take this up with people who like to deal in this sort of speculation. It's simply not my thing.
    I would like to bet on this because I like the odds. And although it is speculation on my part, just as who might win the next election, we have seen on another thread how many European countries try to cover up Muslim crime. I'd trust the neighbors of this unfortunate woman before I'd trust the officials.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Moderately and peacefully inform authorities who are not extremists. Duh.
    Trouble is, we don't often know who the extremists are until after the fact. Like murderers everywhere it's usually a take on, "Oh, he seemed like such a nice boy".

  9. #89
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Trouble is, we don't often know who the extremists are until after the fact. Like murderers everywhere it's usually a take on, "Oh, he seemed like such a nice boy".
    A bad assumption on your part - that may be how it is in the West, but not necessarily how it is in Middle Eastern countries.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #90
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Woman beheaded in broad daylight in a London garden

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The same left that did anything but reserve judgement in Ferguson or last year in the Zimmerman trial has no credibility in saying that. Besides, this isn't a court of law, its a discussion forum. People can speculate all day like its cool.
    I'm not sure who you're talking to here. If you are indeed addressing me, let me be quite clear:

    One, I am not on the left, I belong to a center/right party in my country.

    Two, I have not commented on the Ferguson case other than to say exactly what I'm saying in this thread. Not enough information.

    Three, I don't remember commenting on the Zimmerman case either.

    So again, who were you talking to?

    I don't give a **** what you people speculate about. Just do it without me. Clear?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •