Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 398

Thread: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

    Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

    Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT).
    Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack, US security team members claim | Fox News
    So, I guess there was a stand down order. Did congress talk to these guys? Was the order justified? This new evidence appears to contradict the left wing talking points.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So, I guess there was a stand down order. Did congress talk to these guys? Was the order justified? This new evidence appears to contradict the left wing talking points.
    Heya J5. Did Gowdy take any of these guys Depositions? Is that why this is coming out.....due to others taking Depositions? Gowdy should call Hillary in for hers.....force her to make decision and show the American people if she will show or wont.

  3. #3
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team say

    Interesting.

    A U.S. security team in Benghazi was held back from immediately responding to the attack on the American diplomatic mission on orders of the top CIA officer there, three of those involved told Fox News’ Bret Baier.

    Their account gives a dramatic new turn to what the Obama administration and its allies would like to dismiss as an “old story” – the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

    Speaking out publicly for the first time, the three were security operators at the secret CIA annex in Benghazi – in effect, the first-responders to any attack on the diplomatic compound. Their first-hand account will be told in a Fox News special, airing Friday night at 10 p.m. (EDT)....


    “We're starting to get calls from the State Department guys saying, ‘Hey, we're taking fire, we need you guys here, we need help,’” said Paronto.
    After a delay of nearly 30 minutes, the security team headed to the besieged consulate without orders. They asked their CIA superiors to call for armed air support, which never came.
    Now, looking back, the security team said they believed that if they had not been delayed for nearly half an hour, or if the air support had come, things might have turned out differently....

    In the special, Baier also asks about the infamous YouTube video that was blamed for the violence in Benghazi.
    Paronto laughed at the suggestion that the video played any role in the events of that night, saying he did not even know of the video until he was out of Libya and on his way home. “I didn't know about the video ‘till I got to Germany,” he said. “(I had) no idea about any video, no. No, sir.”...


    So... IOW, we now have the confirmation from the people on the ground that there was indeed at least a local stand-down order (who sought to shut down the higher-tier organizations, and what happened with the guys who apparently eventually went rogue and went anyway we'll have to wait to find out), and that the idea that this was somehow a youtube video was indeed apparently a Washington DC fiction designed to cover a President in the middle of reelection.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Interesting.



    So... IOW, we now have the confirmation from the people on the ground that there was indeed at least a local stand-down order (who sought to shut down the higher-tier organizations, and what happened with the guys who apparently eventually went rogue and went anyway we'll have to wait to find out), and that the idea that this was somehow a youtube video was indeed apparently a Washington DC fiction designed to cover a President in the middle of reelection.[/FONT]
    Interesting ?

    So there was a stand down ordered on 9-11-12.

    I wonder who was on the other end of the phone when they were ordered to stand down ?

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    New information nobody has heard before, Fox News exclusive, and coincidentally there's a book coming out. Written by the guy breaking out this new information. You'd better buy that book to find out what really happened!

    They were ready to go, but got held back by the Top CIA Chief In Benghazi.

    Bob.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    New information nobody has heard before, Fox News exclusive, and coincidentally there's a book coming out. Written by the guy breaking out this new information. You'd better buy that book to find out what really happened!

    They were ready to go, but got held back by the Top CIA Chief In Benghazi.

    Bob.
    That CIA chief was on the phone with some one else just before issuing the stand down order.

    Who could it have been ? Valerie Jarrett ?

    I doubt it was Obama, he was upstairs in the White House packing for Vegas and rehearsing his speech that Al Qaeda was being decimated and was on the run.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Let's put this "breaking news" into perspective...

    U.S. security team = 3 CIA operatives at the CIA annex building in Benghazi.

    Unless those guys had shoulder held rocket launchers, I doubt they would've make a difference against the mob that attacked the U.S. Embassy or the compound in Benghazi. Nonetheless, I know that this "revelation" comes as a feather in the cap of those who are clinging to something substantial to hang around the President's neck concerning Benghazi, but this, IMHO, isn't it. Sorry, but 3 CIA operatives do not make a U.S. security team. They're just 3 guys with 9mm hand guns against 20-50 radicals with semi-automatic riffles and rocket launchers.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  8. #8
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team



  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    I posted the following in the http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...st-attack.html thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Let's put this "breaking news" into perspective...

    U.S. security team = 3 CIA operatives at the CIA annex building in Benghazi.

    Unless those guys had shoulder held rocket launchers, I doubt they would've make a difference against the mob that attacked the U.S. Embassy or the compound in Benghazi. Nonetheless, I know that this "revelation" comes as a feather in the cap of those who are clinging to something substantial to hang around the President's neck concerning Benghazi, but this, IMHO, isn't it. Sorry, but 3 CIA operatives do not make a U.S. security team. They're just 3 guys with 9mm hand guns against 20-50 radicals with semi-automatic riffles and rocket launchers.
    I'll add to the above by saying the OP article does NOT say there was an official stand-down order given from officials at the White House, the State Department, CIA HQ or DoD. From the article, that order came directly from "Bob", their on-scene commander/supervisor. When asked where the alleged "stand-down order" came from, Paronto, one of the CIA operatives questioned, answered by saying, “It happened on the ground-- all I can talk about is what happened on that ground that night."

    So, what you have here is the 3 CIA operatives asked to engage the enemy but NO RESPONSE was ever given from U.S. officials state-side. As such, they acted on their own WITHOUT ANY OFFICIAL ORDERS FROM CIA HQ or anyone else way or another except from their immediate superior on the ground.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-05-14 at 01:05 AM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  10. #10
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,570

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    That CIA chief was on the phone with some one else just before issuing the stand down order.

    Who could it have been ? Valerie Jarrett ?

    I doubt it was Obama, he was upstairs in the White House packing for Vegas and rehearsing his speech that Al Qaeda was being decimated and was on the run.
    I'm sure great care was taken to insulate the idiot in chief from these orders. And Jarrett makes sense, since the response was looked at in only how it would affect his reelection chances, those lives over there be damned.

    It's just sickening that there is a good chance that more lives could have been saved, but they chose to not help them because they were worried that a bad result would make Obama look bad. What a piece of garbage.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •