Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 398

Thread: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

  1. #291
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    dang brain fart
    Last edited by mak2; 09-08-14 at 11:05 AM. Reason: talking on phone, forgot I posted once
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #292
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Not unless it could accomplish something. Would you let your guys die for no reason. This wasnt a John Wayne movie. These guys were a few of the very few armed assets you had in the region. Think man. I cant remember which forum I was on wehn I was talking abou this but saturday night a guy I know who is very Fox right wing type and I and another guy were discussing this. HE was an infantry officer and a chopper piolt later in VN. he did several tours. I asked him if he had a few guys at an outpost surrounded by 50-70 bad guys with all sorts of small arms up to rocket launchers etc and his only assets were 3 guys with small arms, would he send them? He immediately said no. You guys are acting like this was a movie or something. It wasnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If 3 guys jad the balls and the will to risk theor lives to save their comrades, would you let them?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Not unless it could accomplish something. Would you let your guys die for no reason. This wasnt a John Wayne movie. These guys were a few of the very few armed assets you had in the region. Think man. I cant remember which forum I was on wehn I was talking abou this but saturday night a guy I know who is very Fox right wing type and I and another guy were discussing this. HE was an infantry officer and a chopper piolt later in VN. he did several tours. I asked him if he had a few guys at an outpost surrounded by 50-70 bad guys with all sorts of small arms up to rocket launchers etc and his only assets were 3 guys with small arms, would he send them? He immediately said no. You guys are acting like this was a movie or something. It wasnt.
    The sad part is if those guys HAD gone in, then these same posters would be criticizing Obama for their deaths.

    Partisanship can be disgusting.

  4. #294
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    The sad part is they would be dead too, but the even sadder part is the RWers would shamlessly exploiting their death too. Somebody on this forum I think once told me partisanship makes one stupid. He was certainly right about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    The sad part is if those guys HAD gone in, then these same posters would be criticizing Obama for their deaths.

    Partisanship can be disgusting.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, she absolutely said that, and to that Issa immediately said he didn't believe that for a moment...



    I also believe that was a bit of CYA on her part....For instance why no increased security? Was it lack of funding? We already know that from her own lips she said 'No Sir', well, then was it a spontaneous attack? We also know the answer to that is no. In fact we know that after previous attacks on other embassy's and consulates in the area that Stevens begged for more security and was turned down by State because they wanted to optics to show "normalized relations".... It was a dumb plan, and it got people killed. Period.


    Could just be the fact that Lamb was a complete incompetent moron....and never knew what it was like to be on the Ground. So much for her beliefs.....huh?

    Can we take her out to the firing squad or just hang her from the neck until she flops no more like her role in life. The Puppet on a String.



    Wood, a former Green Beret, told ABC News that he and other members of the Security Support Team wanted to remain in Libya past their deployment was scheduled to end in August, and that Ambassador Stevens wanted them to remain as well. Nordstrom has said that Lamb told him not to request for the Security Support Team to be extended again. (Its deployment had been previously extended in February 2012.)

    I do recall one conversation with her where she (Lamb) said that since we now had a residential safe haven in Benghazi that she didn’t seem to have a problem with having no agents on the compound because if something happened then personnel could simply go to that residential safe haven,” Nordstrom told investigators.....snip~


    U.S. Security Official in Libya Tells Congressional Investigators About ‘Inappropriately Low’ Security at Benghazi Post - ABC News

  6. #296
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Not unless it could accomplish something. Would you let your guys die for no reason. This wasnt a John Wayne movie. These guys were a few of the very few armed assets you had in the region. Think man. I cant remember which forum I was on wehn I was talking abou this but saturday night a guy I know who is very Fox right wing type and I and another guy were discussing this. HE was an infantry officer and a chopper piolt later in VN. he did several tours. I asked him if he had a few guys at an outpost surrounded by 50-70 bad guys with all sorts of small arms up to rocket launchers etc and his only assets were 3 guys with small arms, would he send them? He immediately said no. You guys are acting like this was a movie or something. It wasnt.
    I wouldn't sit back and do nothing. If they wanyed to go, I would go with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #297
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    I agree, if I had to give that order I would like to think I would go with them, cause I would not want to be alive after giving an order like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I wouldn't sit back and do nothing. If they wanyed to go, I would go with them.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #298
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Would you send 3 guys to die for no reason?
    Aaaand, your argument falls apart. The CIA security team that went to the Consulate from the Annex were credited with rescuing 30+ Consulate staff. It was this response from the annex that so many Obama supporters use as evidence that there was a response to the attack. They didn't go for nothing, they just went without orders.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #299
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I wouldn't sit back and do nothing. If they wanyed to go, I would go with them.
    then it's a very good thing that you were not in command
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    You talking about the movie causing the riot? There were riots in other areas of the regions reportedly casused by that. Why is that so important? Lying is always wrong, not just when Obama does it.


    See the thing is when Team BO Officially acknowledges that despite earlier explanations.....that really they are in fact admitting they wrong and or they lied. Bottomline.....see that part about Officially acknowledging says it all. Next!!!!!



    On Tuesday afternoon, State Department officials acknowledged that despite earlier explanations from the Obama administration, there was no protest outside the Benghazi compound at all. Only an hour before gunmen methodically and deliberately stormed the post, the streets were empty and everything seemed calm. Obama administration officials originally claimed the trouble began with demonstrations against an anti-Muslim video, a protest that, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice told ABC News’ THIS WEEK on the Sunday after the attack, “seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists.”.....snip~

    U.S. Security Official in Libya Tells Congressional Investigators About ‘Inappropriately Low’ Security at Benghazi Post - ABC News

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •