Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 398

Thread: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, those are the words some underlings claim were used, two years after it happened, around the same time a book is coming out about it.

    So? I never served, but even I know if a fool rushes into a battle unprepared, then said fool becomes a dead fool.
    And I believe there has been countless investigations and countless documents handed over to Congressional investigations and if the biggest feather Benghazi conspiracy theorists have in their cap is a local CIA commander told them to his underlings to wait before heading out because he was trying to coordinate and get more information, then the desperation is incredibly thick.
    When information is scarce one marches toward the sound of the guns.

    These were professionals. They knews the area and they knew what they needed to know to start.

    Has there been a Select Committee called for the Benghazi investigation? Are witnesses placed under oath and deposed by professional investigators? Until that happens we will not know the truth.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Doesn't matter who is selling a book or not, it doesn't undo what happened. Hey, does anyone know what Obama did when he heard about the attacks?
    I think he **** his pants.

  3. #253
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, those are the words some underlings claim were used, two years after it happened, around the same time a book is coming out about it.

    So? I never served, but even I know [b]if a fool rushes into a battle unprepared, then said fool becomes a dead fool.[/b
    And I believe there has been countless investigations and countless documents handed over to Congressional investigations and if the biggest feather Benghazi conspiracy theorists have in their cap is a local CIA commander told them to his underlings to wait before heading out because he was trying to coordinate and get more information, then the desperation is incredibly thick.
    If he sits on his laurels and does nothing, his comrades will have a higher risk of dying. It's what being a soldier is all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #254
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How many more guys selling books will we hear from?

    And if a local CIA guy made the stand down call on his own authority, what exactly is Hillary's problem?
    A leader is responsible for the conduct of the people under his--or her--charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    So... just to be clear... you think that you know more about the impact of the budget on the security of the consulate in Benghazi... than the person who was actually in charge of security at the consulate in Benghazi... ?
    If we're talking about the State official who denied the requests for more security because as she said, "we had the correct number of assets in Benghazi on the night of 9/11 security in Benghazi" ....then perhaps I do. She was likely just trying to cut costs due to budget constraints.
    Last edited by Moot; 09-07-14 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #256
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If we're talking about the State official who denied the requests for more security because she said that security in Benghazi was adequate ....then perhaps I do.
    once you create a circular argument, you aren't really reachable.

    She was likely just trying to cut costs.
    so you are hinging your argument on the assumption that government employees are willing to take professional risks in order to reduce costs?

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Why does Obama serve as radical extremist Muslim?
    Obama serves no one save Obama.

    He is an Islamofascist supporter where he works tirelessly to support the Islamofascists from the golf courses around the nation.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    once you create a circular argument, you aren't really reachable.
    A simple remedy for that is for you to stop spinning my argument and making up strawmen to argue against.


    so you are hinging your argument on the assumption that government employees are willing to take professional risks in order to reduce costs?
    So you really do believe her, huh? It looks like you're hinging your argument on the assumption that a government employee always tells the truth. lol

  9. #259
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [...] We now know that U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens was concerned about al-Qaeda, Islamic extremism and security at his consulate in Benghazi, all because of a diary he kept [...]
    Since we've moved off the original topic I presume the point being made in the OP has been abandoned. So, to address this new topic (inadequate security), I have read the point above and believe it to be factual, but can't understand why it is so at odds with the following point which also seems to be factual:

    By Nancy A. Youssef -- McClatchy Foreign Staff -- May 14, 2013

    CAIRO — In the month before attackers stormed U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens twice turned down offers of security assistance made by the senior U.S. military official in the region in response to concerns that Stevens had raised in a still secret memorandum, two government officials told McClatchy.

    Read more here: CAIRO: Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security, U.S. officials say | Middle East | McClatchy DC
    [...] Oh, because of what Nordstrom Testified to....and due to that little fact of the Security waiver and never having any adequate protections in the first place. It was the answer all along.....not just a clue.


    U.S. Security Official in Libya Tells Congressional Investigators About ‘Inappropriately Low’ Security at Benghazi Post..... [...]
    As I noted in my post that you responded to (quoted above), I did not dispute the veracity of Steven's diary entry about security concerns, which -- in case you misunderstood -- means that I did not dispute that there could be a lack of security.

    So I'm puzzled why you chose to repeat that lack-of-security point instead of addressing the counterpoint that I also noted in my post about Steven's refusing additional security. What do you think about that refusal? Since the blame game seems to be in play here by the right, wouldn't it seem that he put his own life at risk?

  10. #260
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    All debate is that kind of debate. Anything else is yelling at each other like lunatics, if you're interested in that. I'm not.
    Within reasonable limits, that's true. The chief difference is that some of us are about civil discussions, when possible. That's not necessarily the type of debate you may be interested, but to each his own, I suppose.

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •