Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 398

Thread: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You mean hiring the enemy as Sen. McCain did in his commander-in-chief visit to Syria where
    he hired al Qaeda and ISIL.

    Smooth move there by another GOP warhawk EXLAX huh ?


    Lets see the link that Johnny Quest McCain hired AQ or ISIL?

  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]Stop the personal attacks or more infractions will be levied.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #223
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    edited to ...... that I didn't see before the warning .
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'm pretty sure Karl can handle himself as well, practice what you preach....
    Last edited by NIMBY; 09-07-14 at 05:19 PM.
    Physics is Phun

  4. #224
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    [...] just trying to give you a little perspective as to what Will is saying and why his word could carry more weight than say some schmuck off the street...
    But it doesn't. No matter how may times you say it, it doesn't. The argument that carries the most weight is the one that is most factual and correctly reasoned. The rules of logic say so, and not only are those rules resolute but they've been around for a while (actually they pre-date Christianity). As the saying goes, you can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As far as "loose the argument", "win the argument" I couldn't care less....What do you win?
    On a debate site, you win the argument. Last I checked, this site is called Debate Politics. If one does not want to win a debate then I wonder why they would enter the debate in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    As far as you argument about the actual topic, "logic" has little if anything to do with the liberal progressive spin.
    The topic is not "liberal progressive spin". The topic is "Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack", and that seems to be true. Now how the right has spun into an attack on Obama or 'Obama supporters' I'm not sure, but it seems to follow the 'standard' chaotic right wing echo chamber spin:

    1. The order to wait for 20-30 minutes before deploying magically becomes a "stand down order", which is (I'd imagine) a typical right wing focus-group-tested buzz word employed to elicit maximum outrage amongst right wing media fans.

    2. This delay proves (to the right) that there was a "stand down order" issued by the administration, even though it was issued by an on-scene CIA guy, which means the left has been wrong all along in saying that there was no evidence of stand down order being issued by the administration.

  5. #225
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    The topic is not "liberal progressive spin". The topic is "Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack", and that seems to be true. Now how the right has spun into an attack on Obama or 'Obama supporters'...
    Oh please.... Tell me who the "Top CIA officer in Benghazi" works for today?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #226
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Talking points? It was a direct question asked of the person in charge of security of the embassy, and consulate...And she said the funding had NO bearing on the security there....If talking points are what you are worried about, then maybe you should stop using them.....

    I post again so that you can read it again:

    QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

    DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.
    Fine, and I'll post Hillary Clinton's 2011 letter warning congress not to cut funds for her departments security and the budget numbers....

    http://www.usglc.org/wp-content/uplo...rs-2-14-11.pdf

    In a letter to House Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers, Clinton said cuts of that magnitude would be "devastating" to U.S. national security, damage U.S. leadership in the world and render the United States unable to respond to disasters....."We’ve scrubbed the entire budget for savings," said Nides. "We’ve eliminated foreign assistance programs for several countries. We’ve reduced development assistance by over half in 20 others. We have cut funding in Europe and Eurasia by 15 percent. We’ve even managed to identify over $100 million in administrative savings through more efficient travel and procurement."......

    For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.

    Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

    Dana Milbank: Forget about Big Bird - The Washington Post.

    Clinton Warns of 'Devastating' Foreign Affairs Budget Cuts

  7. #227
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Fine, and I'll post Hillary Clinton's 2011 letter warning congress not to cut funds for her departments security and the budget numbers....

    http://www.usglc.org/wp-content/uplo...rs-2-14-11.pdf

    In a letter to House Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers, Clinton said cuts of that magnitude would be "devastating" to U.S. national security, damage U.S. leadership in the world and render the United States unable to respond to disasters....."We’ve scrubbed the entire budget for savings," said Nides. "We’ve eliminated foreign assistance programs for several countries. We’ve reduced development assistance by over half in 20 others. We have cut funding in Europe and Eurasia by 15 percent. We’ve even managed to identify over $100 million in administrative savings through more efficient travel and procurement."......

    For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.

    Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

    Dana Milbank: Forget about Big Bird - The Washington Post.

    Clinton Warns of 'Devastating' Foreign Affairs Budget Cuts
    You are still ignoring the heart of the matter...The question was posed directly to the person that was in charge of security of the embassy and consulate. She was asked if these cuts made any difference in the response, and her answer was "No Sir"....Period....You can throw out any CYA pieces from WH pseudo journalist sycophants you wish, and all the Hillary CYA double speak you can find, but on the simple answer the reply was "No Sir".... How do you square that?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack [W:222]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mittner View Post
    Yeah, if he'd stayed with his escort and didn't run off to die from a fire, he might have lived.

    Heck, with the CIA's presence there I'm more than a little suspicious that maybe he went off on his own to make sure information was destroyed or something.
    Why guess at the facts when the people involved are being interviewed?

  9. #229
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You are still ignoring the heart of the matter...The question was posed directly to the person that was in charge of security of the embassy and consulate. She was asked if these cuts made any difference in the response, and her answer was "No Sir"....Period....You can throw out any CYA pieces from WH pseudo journalist sycophants you wish, and all the Hillary CYA double speak you can find, but on the simple answer the reply was "No Sir".... How do you square that?

    You're still ignoring the elephant in the room......four people are dead because there wasn't enough embassy security.....and there wasn't enough security because congress cut funding for embassy security.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Top CIA officer in Benghazi delayed response to terrorist attack US security team

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You're still ignoring the elephant in the room......four people are dead because there wasn't enough embassy security.....and there wasn't enough security because congress cut funding for embassy security.
    Are you actually claiming that budget cuts were responsible for these attacks, the resulting deaths, and that funding was not available to protect these people? That is just too desperate.

    Have you heard about the order to stand down? How does that relate to any possible budget cuts?

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •