Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

  1. #71
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,659

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't know. I just copied the bolded part from the link. My last line was facetious.
    Phew!!

    I replied before I looked at who I replied to and then figured maybe you'd been turned!!

    Anyway, the real sore spot for me in all this is that the DoJ is there in the first place. If there is an investigation that needs to be done then it should be handled at the state level, not the federal level. The ONLY reason the federal government should get involved would be if there was reason to believe that the state justice department was covering something up.

  2. #72
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    There is not ONE black CEO or Human resources officer?

    There are no black run businesses, no blacks the head of unions?

    Sorry, but your argument is unsound, no one race "runs the country".
    ...

    Tell your story to the millions of black young men who don't have a job or are locked up, because I'm not buying it.

    I'm sure they'll be glad to hear how good they're doing.

  3. #73
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That is why I tend to stay where I belong - as sorry as it may seem - given
    this is supposed to be a free country.


    The USA is a free country, but some parts are a lot free-er than other parts.

    I've lived all over the USA and I noticed that a long time ago.

  4. #74
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    There will never be a repair to how the anti-police morons see the police. The only solution in their universe is for the magic police to be employed. The magic police appear only when you want them and never, ever concern themselves when YOU break the law, because they know you're so nice and didn't really mean it or it's your right to break the law doncha know.
    The police I want simply have to obey the 4th amendment and aren't allowed to use violence unless it's actually necessary. If you think those are too difficult, then I'm forced to wonder why you don't turn your anti-government notions toward the violent government agents in your midst.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The USA is a free country, but some parts are a lot free-er than other parts.

    I've lived all over the USA and I noticed that a long time ago.
    Every part of the US is free - You just need to know your rights and when you do you will be free..

    I cant do anything about tyrannical cops but I can keep my mouth shut and not resist or give cops any reason to arrest me........

  6. #76
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm a white woman married to a white man. I'm trying to figure out how we have more power than our black President, or our black Attorney General, or the black CEO of American Express, or the black CEO of Xerox, or the black CEO of Merck, or the Hispanic CEO of Kodak, or the Hispanic CEO of GameStop, or the Hispanic CEO of ADP, or for that matter, my black boss....I could go on, but you get the picture. Because I read that whites hold "all of the power and most of the money".

    Yeah, that one has me baffled too.

    Compared to the powerlessness of the Canadian aboriginal, American blacks are the power.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #77
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Hating on people you have no power over is a waste of hate, because you can't do anything to them.

    You just spinning your wheels without getting anything done.


    Could you like stick to the point you have made and been challenged on?

    How is it that whites have "all the power" with so many blacks in powerful positions, not the least of which is the "leader of the free world"
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #78
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    No, but the whites do have most of the power and almost all of the money.
    OK, so now it's "most of the power".

    How? Show where "whites" have "most of the power", especially since the president and much of the cabinet and congress is black?

    You do realize that Obama has won two elections by virtue of the powerless black vote don't you?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #79
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,425

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Tell your story to the millions of black young men who don't have a job or are locked up, because I'm not buying it.

    I'm sure they'll be glad to hear how good they're doing.
    I have no "story" but questions you are either incapable of answering or are ignoring them.

    Once more, and for the last time, are there no whites unemployed? And what dose employment have to do with "power"?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #80
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Justice Dept. Inquirery to Focus on Practices of Police in Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The Justice Department will open a broad civil rights investigation into police practices in Ferguson, Mo, where a white police officer killed an unarmed black teenager last month and set off days of racially charged unrest, the cities police chief and other officials said Wednesday.

    Read the article here: http://nytimes.com/2014/09/04/us/pol...ices.html?_r=0

    The results of this investigation will be interesting, but I doubt that they will surprise many black people in Missouri.
    In other words, the dog and pony show that Holder rolled into town found squat wrong related to the Michael Brown killing and is now trying to save face and appease the mouth-breathing racists like Sharpton and Jackson with a different dog and pony show.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •