Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 335

Thread: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

  1. #51
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You support racial stereotyping?
    I suggested you ask your question as a poll. I would prefer to mock it as meaningless, there.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  2. #52
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You're living in la la land if you actually believe stereotypes don't exist..
    Stereotypes exist. I think everyone believes that. Your strawman is stupid.

    Your understanding is wrong because you think some negative racial stereotypes are true for the entire group targeted.

    Well, I believe in the Bell Curve if you even know what that is.
    More idiotic rhetoric.

    If everyone was the same the science of Anthropology wouldn't even exist because it would be a redundant science.
    The only person claiming everyone is the same is you - by claiming stereotypes are true.

    Sorry but facts cant always be politically correct.
    Is that like "sorry, the facts are racist"?

  3. #53
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I suggested you ask your question as a poll. I would prefer to mock it as meaningless, there.
    Why are you so afraid to give your opinion?

  4. #54
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Why are you so afraid to give your opinion?
    My opinion on the topic was given. Why are you so afraid of asking it as a poll instead of asking folks individually?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  5. #55
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    My opinion on the topic was given. Why are you so afraid of asking it as a poll instead of asking folks individually?
    You didn't answer the question. You're scared to do so. Oh well, I guess that's what we can expect from racist positions.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Indians will always be a minority but the vast majority of them appear to be against the name.



    "A new study… confirmed that the name of the Washington Redskins is only offensive if you take any amount of time whatsoever to think about its actual meaning."

    Why Republicans Cannot Grasp That "Redskins" Is Offensive | Mother Jones
    That is a crock within itself..... I have family (by marriage) that are Native American and I can tell you they don't really care - you know why? because they're US Citizens that are just like anyone else...

    The notion that all American Indians are ethnic is crazy - you may as well say all Italians, Asians, Mexicans etc are all "ethnic" when they're anything but - now that is stereotyping right there.

  7. #57
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You didn't answer the question. You're scared to do so. Oh well, I guess that's what we can expect from racist positions.
    So now you call me a racist because I didn't answer your vague question. Why are you afraid of asking it as a poll? And who is the we you are referring to--the committee to ask vague inflammatory questions on online forums?
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  8. #58
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    So now you call me a racist because I didn't answer your vague question.
    Do you have a problem reading? I said your position, that of supporting racial stereotyping, is racist.

  9. #59
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah, pretty soon they will want to change the name of the Steelers to the Pittsburgh Pot Smokers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #60
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You're living in la la land if you actually believe stereotypes don't exist..


    Well, I believe in the Bell Curve if you even know what that is.

    If everyone was the same the science of Anthropology wouldn't even exist because it would be a redundant science.

    Sorry but facts cant always be politically correct.
    The Bell Curve was written by a conservative political scientist, not an anthropologist.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •