Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 335

Thread: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

  1. #221
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    They can be.

    Wrong.

    Racial stereotypes always marginalize those left out and thereby serve oppression and the suppression of potential and contributions.

    Racial stereotypes are inherently bad for society.

  2. #222
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I have said more than once they are entitled to their views as I am to mine.
    Of course you did.... out of one side of your mouth. Then you say any opinion that disagrees with your is nonsense. You tend to not disagree... you tend to dismiss differing opinions. This is what you do out of the other side of your mouth. It's called living a paradox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #223
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wrong.

    Stereotypes always marginalize those left out and thereby serve oppression and the suppression of potential and contributions.

    Stereotypes are inherently bad for society.
    That is your view. I do not share it.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #224
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Of course you did.... out of one side of your mouth. Then you say any opinion that disagrees with your is nonsense. You don't disagree... you dismiss differing opinions. This is what you do out of the other side of your mouth. It's called living a paradox.

    No. I characterized a particular set of assertions as nonsense.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #225
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    That is your view. I do not share it.
    No, that's reality.

    If you cannot understand how stereotypes marginalize those left out, that's your own lack of capability and it bears not upon my logic and reason.

    It might explain why your position is so irrational, but that's a problem you'll have to figure out on your own.

  6. #226
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. I characterized a particular set of assertions as nonsense.
    calling someone else's opinions "assertions" doesn't change what I said one iota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #227
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No, that's reality.

    If you cannot understand how stereotypes marginalize those left out, that's your own lack of capability and it bears not upon my logic and reason.

    It might explain why your position is so irrational, but that's a problem you'll have to figure out on your own.
    I don't think it bears on anyone's capability. I just think that much hand-wringing over stereotypes is an overwrought response to our society's incentivization of victimhood.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #228
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I don't think it bears on anyone's capability. I just think that much hand-wringing over stereotypes is an overwrought response to our society's incentivization of victimhood.
    I think someone of average motivation and capability can understand the marginalization caused by stereotyping. Any inability you have in grasping the concept is your own.

    That you support racial stereotypes says something about you but nothing about my argument.

  9. #229
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    calling someone else's opinions "assertions" doesn't change what I said one iota.
    You are entitled to your view, no matter how disagreeably expressed.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #230
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: 71 percent say keep Redskin

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I think someone of average motivation and capability can understand the marginalization caused by stereotyping. Any inability you have in grasping the concept is your own.

    That you support racial stereotypes says something about you but nothing about my argument.
    Carry on as you wish.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •