Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

  1. #51
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    White guilt is such a terrible and TAUGHT disease...

    I'm getting sick of the "I hate my white skin" crowed...

    Sorry to tell you folks (and I'm not white) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with being white...
    You are right. there is nothing wrong with being white. I don't know too many whites that hate their skin color. But I do know that is a huge issue in the black culture.


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You are right. there is nothing wrong with being white. I don't know too many whites that hate their skin color. But I do know that is a huge issue in the black culture.

    I generally don't get that treatment because I'm a dark skinned Sicilian, however I have seen it...

    I also don't frequent areas where I think I may have a racial problem..

  3. #53
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    backwards and inside out.

    The first amendment grants govt protection to some speech, it is not a guarantee of "no restrictions". Hate speech is not protected speech, the KKK is not a protected class.
    It amazes me how you do not understand the constitution. The 1st amendment doesn't grant government protection, it prohibits government interfering with free speech, freedom of religion, assembly and petition. The government doesn't grant anything. Hate speech is defined differently from state to state and is a legal term and is difficult to file charges as more difficult to convict.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #54
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I generally don't get that treatment because I'm a dark skinned Sicilian, however I have seen it...

    I also don't frequent areas where I think I may have a racial problem..
    I think that is a issue world wide. I have Indian friends who say that dark skin Indians are look down on by fair skin Indians over in India.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I think that is a issue world wide. I have Indian friends who say that dark skin Indians are look down on by fair skin Indians over in India.
    I've never experienced racism - at least not for being "brown".... Sure, I have friends who are Northern Italian that give me a "friendly" racism just to screw around but it's all in good fun.


    The racism I get is when it comes to affirmative action - I could easily lie and say I'm Mexican or American Indian but why should I have to? Why should my race - or race in general play a role if someone is qualified for a job or anything for that matter.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It amazes me how you do not understand the constitution. The 1st amendment doesn't grant government protection, it prohibits government interfering with free speech
    As I said, bassakwards. Some speech being protected against govt prosecution.....is referred to as protected speech. Libel, threats and hate speech are not protected speech.

    Stop standing on your head.



    Hate speech is defined differently from state to state and is a legal term and is difficult to file charges as more difficult to convict.
    Not really.....but that is straw. The point is, it is not protected speech.

    Stand on your feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #57
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    [QUOTE=jamesrage;1063708697]
    I am not sure if it wise for a news agency to report that a racist and former terrorist organization is recruiting people. Its practically free advertisement for the group.[/Q
    UOTE]



    Anyone who's interested in joining the KKK or similar groups will have no trouble finding a place to join up.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    [QUOTE=shrubnose;1063717898]
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    QUOTE]



    Anyone who's interested in joining the KKK or similar groups will have no trouble finding a place to join up.
    What?

    You think the KKK just lets anyone join? or any white supremacist group for that matter?

    I have never met a KKK member or even a member of a white supremacist gang my entire life..... Sure I have met white individuals who were proud to be white and banded together but they were hardly a "gang" and hardly "racist."

    There is a big difference between racial pride and hating other races...

  9. #59
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I've never experienced racism - at least not for being "brown".... Sure, I have friends who are Northern Italian that give me a "friendly" racism just to screw around but it's all in good fun.


    The racism I get is when it comes to affirmative action - I could easily lie and say I'm Mexican or American Indian but why should I have to? Why should my race - or race in general play a role if someone is qualified for a job or anything for that matter.
    I'm on the fence about AA. I'm a 6'4 black man who has never had a problem getting a job in IT in Dallas of all places. I think that it is not needed in most companies now because there is too much diversity. Now this is only my opinion because I don't experience it in the cultures I've work in.

    Besides I don't want the impression that I got my job only because I am black.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #60
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: From NY to Texas, KKK recruits with candies and fliers [W:16]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    What?

    You think the KKK just lets anyone join? or any white supremacist group for that matter?

    I have never met a KKK member or even a member of a white supremacist gang my entire life..... Sure I have met white individuals who were proud to be white and banded together but they were hardly a "gang" and hardly "racist."

    There is a big difference between racial pride and hating other races...
    So...your argument is that since you think you have not met a KKK member, you are going to assume they limit their activities to positive discrimination?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •