Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 467

Thread: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

  1. #351
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    It's a DOD site in case you didn't look closely enough. I'd trust they know their own weapons. And I'd also note they quoted a rate of fire that can only be achieved with an automatic weapon. And if you looked at the PPT they also have grenade launchers available.
    Obviously they don't, if they call an M-16A1 an M-16A2.

    The cops don't have grenade launchers, either; not that fire high explosive rounds, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,496

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously they don't, if they call an M-16A1 an M-16A2.

    The cops don't have grenade launchers, either; not that fire high explosive rounds, anyway.
    I don't know M16s but I presume the A1 is capable of select fire? In that case the mis identification is meaningless.

    You continue to claim that cops don't have automatic weapons supplied by the DOD - yet the DOD clearly offers them and makes no mention that they have been converted to semi-automatic fire and has no requirement that the PD convert them that I could find. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

    You may be right about the grenades. They may only have access to tear gas rounds though they might not. There wasn't much detail there.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  3. #353
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Is this to support some point that you've never elaborated on about using lethal force to protect property?

    Then you'll need to connect a few more dots....in your example, the Taliban is using it as punishment, not prevention. Altho I guess it prevents it in the future. But it had nothing to do with the protection of anyone's property after the fact.
    The thieves won't be stealing anyone else's property, ergo, they're protecting property and showing that they, like you, value property over life.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #354
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I don't know M16s but I presume the A1 is capable of select fire? In that case the mis identification is meaningless.

    You continue to claim that cops don't have automatic weapons supplied by the DOD - yet the DOD clearly offers them and makes no mention that they have been converted to semi-automatic fire and has no requirement that the PD convert them that I could find. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

    You may be right about the grenades. They may only have access to tear gas rounds though they might not. There wasn't much detail there.
    It's illegal shoot Americans with automatic fire. That's why NG soldiers have a block installed to restrict them to semi only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The thieves won't be stealing anyone else's property, ergo, they're protecting property and showing that they, like you, value property over life.
    Under Taliban rule, apparently thieves value property more than their lives, since that is obviously the penalty.

    Just because you willfully choose to ignore the inconvenient (for you) point that in America, we cannot go and kill someone that took our property after the fact doesnt mean that it is not the same thing as *protecting your property from being stolen.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #356
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,496

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's illegal shoot Americans with automatic fire. That's why NG soldiers have a block installed to restrict them to semi only.
    I don't mean to doubt you but unless you're willing to offer some proof - like quoting a law - I have to believe the DOD site which again offers unmodified M16s to police departments.

    I did come across a couple of police centric websites where posters were not shy about the fact that their departments have fully automatic weapons, including the NYPD which has several hundred unmodified M4s.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #357
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Under Taliban rule, apparently thieves value property more than their lives, since that is obviously the penalty.

    Just because you willfully choose to ignore the inconvenient (for you) point that in America, we cannot go and kill someone that took our property after the fact doesnt mean that it is not the same thing as *protecting your property from being stolen.*
    You can't go and kill them during the fact, either, not in America. In Aftanistan, you just might.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #358
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    You can't go and kill them during the fact, either, not in America. In Aftanistan, you just might.
    Are you not reading well today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Under Taliban rule, apparently thieves value property more than their lives, since that is obviously the penalty.

    Just because you willfully choose to ignore the inconvenient (for you) point that in America, we cannot go and kill someone that took our property after the fact doesnt mean that it is not the same thing as *protecting your property from being stolen.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are you not reading well today?
    I'm reading just find. You said:

    in America, we cannot go and kill someone that took our property after the fact
    which is true, of course.

    I replied:

    You can't go and kill them during the fact, either, not in America.
    which is also true.

    Now, are you going to argue that, under the Taliban, it's OK to kill thieves after the fact, but not if they're caught in the act?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #360
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents[W:76]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Officer Go **** Yourself has been forced to resign, and another officer who posted on social media sites that the Ferguson protesters should all be put down like rabid dogs has been fired.

    Both decisions were good decisions. Police officers do not own the community. They work FOR the community, and the community is the boss, not them. I know that tensions have been running high in Ferguson, but if you threaten to kill people, then you do not deserve to wear a badge under ANY circumstances. End of discussion....... Or is it?

    Article is here.
    Police are government that wields the power and sovereignty of the People. They are necessary for the function of aggregate society, but when they abuse their power and betray the people they serve; they must be punished.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •