Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 224

Thread: Michael Sam released by Rams

  1. #81
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    No NFL team will touch this guy with a 10 ft pole . To many problems and distractions.


    Michael Sam passes through waivers, now a free agent


    Michael Sam passes through waivers, now a free agent - CBSSports.com
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #82
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No NFL team will touch this guy with a 10 ft pole . To many problems and distractions.


    Michael Sam passes through waivers, now a free agent


    Michael Sam passes through waivers, now a free agent - CBSSports.com
    What "problems"? What "distractions"? There was one dumb ESPN story while he was at camp. That's it.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #83
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    I'm sure that the NFL loves having Michael Sam as their lead-in story all week to the GB/SEA game.
    Talk about E$PN biting the hand that feeds them.

    And they have plenty of back-ups with Ray Rice, countless suspensions, Jim Irsay et al.

    Too bad we don't hear about a new coach like Lovie Smith getting his first win over a Panther team without Cam Newton.
    It would be E$PN's speed to rather show Lovie's white wife to stoke racial feelings.

    Yes the NCAAF has its problems also--
    but I noticed how much more timid announcers were to talk about a player's off-field problems during a game so far.

    I don't want to hear that **** during a game .
    Physics is Phun

  4. #84
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What "problems"? What "distractions"? There was one dumb ESPN story while he was at camp. That's it.
    And people are already crying that Sam got ****ed over because he's gay. Go figger!

    Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #85
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And people are already crying that Sam got ****ed over because he's gay. Go figger!

    Billsí Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk
    The story you linked to doesn't say what you claim it says.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The story you linked to doesn't say what you claim it says.
    Did you even bother to read it??

    According to one NFL player, the answer to that question is yes — but not because teams are homophobic. Bills center Eric Wood says teams are avoiding Sam because they don’t want the ESPN hype that would come with having Sam, the only openly gay player in football, on the team. In response to a question from Ross Tucker about Sam’s lack of practice squad offers, Wood said ESPN is to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And people are already crying that Sam got ****ed over because he's gay. Go figger!

    Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk
    That's not close to what that story is saying

    It actually has a player specifically suggesting it's NOT because he's gay and because teams are "homophobes", but rather blaming ESPNs sensationalizing and obsession with it as a "societal story" which causes a distraction (like the ridiculous shower story).

    Very similar to what people, including me, said regarding Tim Tebow and how a large part of the blame for him not being picked up was the ridiculous way ESPn covered him with the jets.

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did you even bother to read it??

    Yes, it is saying he's getting ****ed over because of the medias sensationalizing of it, not that he got ****ed over because he's gay.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, it is saying he's getting ****ed over because of the medias sensationalizing of it, not that he got ****ed over because he's gay.
    And the media sensationalized it because? Anybody?

    Bottom line: "it's because he's gay".

    Just give it time to get some traction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did you even bother to read it??
    Apparently you didn't, since Wood DIDN'T SAY "Sam was released because he's gay."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •