Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 224

Thread: Michael Sam released by Rams

  1. #171
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,949

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    CFL would hardly be a death sentence for his aspirations. A lengthy career could still be had there, or it's a place to develop before you make a go at the NFL again ala Cam Wake

  2. #172
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    It is a legitimate argument, whether you happen to like it or not. Only hyper-partisans would dismiss legitimate parallels between the sexes, and sexual orientation.

    Like I've said many times, you and your ilk marginalize yourself before you even get started by your rhetoric; hoping and wishing that by brow beating your opponents that you'll somehow send them packing. Truth is some leave, but they may be leaving not by the measure of your well argued positions, but because they've seen your ilk before.


    Tim-
    Im sure DD would have absolutely no problems with me showering with his wife? And if he did that would make him heterophobic, and the world will be a better place when people with those outdated ideas finally die off.

  3. #173
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So if he had made the team, that would have been simply because of "PC bull****"?
    With his talent? Pretty much ...

  4. #174
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    -Or-, they could be evolutionary mechanisms for that which we do not fully understand.


    Tim-
    LOL....there is nothing "evolutionary" about bigotry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #175
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    It is a legitimate argument, whether you happen to like it or not. Only hyper-partisans would dismiss legitimate parallels between the sexes, and sexual orientation.

    Like I've said many times, you and your ilk marginalize yourself before you even get started by your rhetoric; hoping and wishing that by brow beating your opponents that you'll somehow send them packing. Truth is some leave, but they may be leaving not by the measure of your well argued positions, but because they've seen your ilk before.


    Tim-

    Sorry....but you are wrong. It isn't a legitimate argument and has been proven false time and again. Most people don't give a ****. It is just the one remaining failed argument that the homophobes are desperately clinging to because they have nothing left in their arsenal of hatred and bigotry.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,949

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    With his talent? Pretty much ...
    Ridiculous.

    He's a marginal to average talent. There's dozens upon dozens of such guys all across the NFL's practice squads or back end of the 53 man roster. There's also hundreds of them that wash out every year.

    If he made a team it wouldn't be because of "PC bull****", just like if he's not picked up it's not because of "homophobic bull****". Push comes to shove, these decisions are going to be made as it relates to the football teams ability to win...not prejudices or politics.

    Sam is a better fit in a 4-3 then 3-4, that cuts out about half of the teams in the league that are likely interested in him. Teams in general tend to be more apt to practive squad their own guys at the start of a season than another teams guys, so the fact the Rams are deep at DE making it less necessary to keep extras on the PS hurts him. He played very well comparitive to other 3rd stringers in a live game situation, but was average at teams. Unfortunately for him 3rd stringers are more likely to be playing special teams than they are to be in a live defensive situation.

    There's plenty of reasons...FOOTBALL reasons....to think he'll be picked up sometime this year or carried by a team into camp next year. There's also plenty of football reasons to think he won't be picked up. The ridiculous, ignorant, and just non-sensical need by both sides of this debate to scream that the other sides claim of bias isn't true but their sides claim of bias is the reason things are/would happen is just laughable.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes I saw that. The Alouettes have supposedly "reached out to him" according to Sports Illustrated. Hell he could play in worse places. Montreal is a cool city.
    I wonder if the opponents of the " Alouettes " come into the Arena singing the old French Children's song " Aloette " ?

    You know,
    " Aloette, gentille Alouette "
    " Aloette , je te plumerai "....

    The songs is about plucking the feathers and beak from a small helpless Bird.

  8. #178
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,076

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I wonder if the opponents of the " Alouettes " come into the Arena singing the old French Children's song " Aloette " ?

    You know,
    " Aloette, gentille Alouette "
    " Aloette , je te plumerai "....

    The songs is about plucking the feathers and beak from a small helpless Bird.
    That same song goes through my head when I think of them.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....there is nothing "evolutionary" about bigotry.
    What you call bigotry really isn't, but I know it serves you well to promote that narrative.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #180
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry....but you are wrong. It isn't a legitimate argument and has been proven false time and again. Most people don't give a ****. It is just the one remaining failed argument that the homophobes are desperately clinging to because they have nothing left in their arsenal of hatred and bigotry.
    Proven wrong? How absurd, but go ahead, marginalize away my dear good man!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •