Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 224

Thread: Michael Sam released by Rams

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,512

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Apparently you didn't, since Wood DIDN'T SAY "Sam was released because he's gay."
    And neither did I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And the media sensationalized it because? Anybody?

    Bottom line: "it's because he's gay".

    Just give it time to get some traction.
    Right. But the "gay" isn't the problem from what this player was saying, just the sensationalizing

    Just like with the Tebow analogy, "evangelical" wouldn't be the problem, just the sensationalizing

    Here's how you can determine if the problem is that he's gay or that it's because the media is sensationalizing things.....remove him from being gay and have espn still be making sensational stories and focus on him and ask yourself if a team would be less interested. Now remove the sensationalist coverage and make him gay with no one really caring or covering it and ask yourself if a team would be less interested.

    I'd say yes to the first and no to the second....because him being gay isn't the problem, the problem is the ridiculous amount and style of media attention

  3. #93
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Jesus.....this has to be the most ridiculous and outdated post ever on DP.
    So now its "outdated" to not want to shower with gay guys?? When is your coming out party?

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    So now its "outdated" to not want to shower with gay guys?? When is your coming out party?
    It's outdated to assume that every male is so afraid to shower in the same location as a homosexual that the rams players who have said it hasn't been an issue at all must all be lying.

  5. #95
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The story you linked to doesn't say what you claim it says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #96
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Baggage? Was he driving DUI like the ****tsburgh running back?
    or dozens of other felons

    How to Talk to Your Kids About Michael Sam - YouTube

  7. #97
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The homophobes are torn over this. They want so badly for it to be about his sexual orientation. While at the same time they want to be able to say that he just wanted good enough. The reality is....there is a lot of talent and it is a very competitive league. This was strictly a football business decision.
    Yeah like the homophobes could do any better themselves.

    I agree it was business for the rams, but as for clearing waivers, same as why he was drafted so low, because the nfl is mostly full of bigots still. I mean, he was 3rd in nfl in sacks in preseason. He may not be able to start yet but to not be on *any* 53 man roster? Not buying it

  8. #98
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Keeping his "mouth shut" would've been idiotic. His ENTIRE TEAM at Mizzu knew that he was gay. He wasn't significantly closeted in a public fashion. So the moment he was going to get onto the national scene with something like the Combine this probably would've been "Exposed". So instead of it being weeks/months before the combine, able to blow over to a certain extent, and be done on a timeline of his choosing...it likely would've blown up right around the combine or the draft and being completely out of his control.

    There was little to no chance that Michael Sam being gay wasn't going to be discovered and publicized at some point during this process...the only question was whether it'd be on his terms in the least detrimental way possible for him, or by some other persons terms right in the midst of the heart of the draft process.
    You'd think so, but manti te'o was basically outted in the most embarrassing self-owning way possible, yet he was drafted and all that came of it was GMs went around asking rookies if they like girls...


    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Once again....Disneydude exposes his mega-obsession with dishonestly attacking everything NP says at all cost. I disagree with Navy, but it's absolutely plausible and logically consistent to say he's not good enough to play weighed against the potential distraction he causes (which has largely been what NP's argument has been consistently when read in total and not dishonestly cherry picked) AND to suggest he would be playing if he had "kept his mouth shut" because in such a situation the balance of risk/worth would change.
    No it's not. It's to show complete pity to millionaire athletes who have to come anywhere near a homosexual. The plethora of NP threads in S&S jumping at even the slightest anti gay study or judge's decision makes his intentions quite clear. All i see from posters like NP (not that i ever read them but the content is obvious from others' replies) is they wish Sam and everyone else gay were simply banned from public life and in their utopia, no one would be gay. I don't give two ****s about who may be "cherry picking" from a poster guilty of such consistent bashing. You're just attempting to find nuance amidst extremism.

  9. #99
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Yeah like the homophobes could do any better themselves.

    I agree it was business for the rams, but as for clearing waivers, same as why he was drafted so low, because the nfl is mostly full of bigots still. I mean, he was 3rd in nfl in sacks in preseason. He may not be able to start yet but to not be on *any* 53 man roster? Not buying it
    It's been one day. The only color (or seckshual orientation?) the NFL cares about is green. He'll find a practice squad place somewhere.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #100
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Michael Sam released by Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    You'd think so, but manti te'o was basically outted in the most embarrassing self-owning way possible, yet he was drafted and all that came of it was GMs went around asking rookies if they like girls...
    NFL GMs also ask players if their mothers are hookers.

    Dolphins GM Ireland apologizes to Bryant for inappropriate question - NFL.com
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •