Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 501

Thread: Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria [W:446]

  1. #481
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by montecresto View Post
    more openness. That's nice. The us, a criminal with a big stick committing robbery in the me and sharing the spoils with everyone else. We deserve respect for that.
    lol !
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #482
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    IMO, stop removing stabilising forces like Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad! But that's only been pointed out endlessly.
    If that is the way, we then - especially in the West, need to modify our moral grounds. We need to look away and impassively ignore the rape, murder, and horrible living conditions of those people unfortunate enough to be born in these countries like Iraq with Hussein and his sons, and must tolerate the dirty dealings which undermine and even work against civil society. Leaving Assad to gas tens of thousands with a wagging finger and a few terse words from the State Department - a visit from the Sec. of State to a future Hussein and a passing mention while sipping tea that such brutal rapes and murders of young women by his sons looks rather dreadful on the world stage should be enough. A future Gaddafi and his naughty hijinx of hijacking planes and blowing up a few hundred people is a small price to keep the frothing Islamists from running amok.

    I'm not sure we can do that actually.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #483
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria [W:446]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This situation could have and should have been prevented but the poorly informed US electorate voted for Obama. Now there is no real leader among the democracies, though it appears David Cameron may take up the slack.
    Your link suggests that Obama is the only leader actually doing anything about ISIS.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria [W:446]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria | Fox News

    Is anyone surprised? This is what you get when you put a completely unqualified community organized in office as president.
    Well at least it's more honest than Bush...though the results will be the same.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #485
    Educator GreatNews2night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-17 @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    699

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If that is the way, we then - especially in the West, need to modify our moral grounds. We need to look away and impassively ignore the rape, murder, and horrible living conditions of those people unfortunate enough to be born in these countries like Iraq with Hussein and his sons, and must tolerate the dirty dealings which undermine and even work against civil society. Leaving Assad to gas tens of thousands with a wagging finger and a few terse words from the State Department - a visit from the Sec. of State to a future Hussein and a passing mention while sipping tea that such brutal rapes and murders of young women by his sons looks rather dreadful on the world stage should be enough. A future Gaddafi and his naughty hijinx of hijacking planes and blowing up a few hundred people is a small price to keep the frothing Islamists from running amok.

    I'm not sure we can do that actually.
    You are not sure we can do that? We've done it for decades, and we continue to do it (just look at the horrible labor conditions the Saudis and the Emirs practice against their half-enslaved foreign work force, and see how we support them as allies. Look at our support for horrible South American dictators over the years. Just look at the fact that we used to support the very Saddam Hussein.

    No, buddy, when it suits us, we turn a blind eye to stuff, and we'll continue to do it. We get all humanitarian, again, when it suits us.

    You are over-estimating the goodness in this country. We're just as despicable as any other country. However, as a pragmatic, I do think we need to do what we need to do, in this tough world.

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria [W:446]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Saddam Hussein was 'the political institution'. You must be familiar with his record. The Iraqi people elected Maliki, not George Bush.

    The responsibility for what's happening now in Iraq is the responsibility of Barrack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and the entire Democrat Party. You can read their comments here. Obama Announces Complete Withdrawal of U.S. Forces From Iraq by End of 2011 | Fox News
    I guess you forgot that Bush banned the Baath party. But historical amnesia about conservative policy failures is de rigueur for modern conservatives.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama under fire for admitting no 'strategy yet' for ISIS in Syria [W:446]

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    I guess you forgot that Bush banned the Baath party. But historical amnesia about conservative policy failures is de rigueur for modern conservatives.
    No reason to have mentioned them. Are you a supporter?

  8. #488
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    You are not sure we can do that? We've done it for decades, and we continue to do it (just look at the horrible labor conditions the Saudis and the Emirs practice against their half-enslaved foreign work force, and see how we support them as allies. Look at our support for horrible South American dictators over the years. Just look at the fact that we used to support the very Saddam Hussein.
    I thought we are supposed to progress, not regress. Yes of course if I thought Americans and Europeans could move backwards I would have said so. To answer your question Yes, I am not sure we can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    No, buddy, when it suits us, we turn a blind eye to stuff, and we'll continue to do it. We get all humanitarian, again, when it suits us.
    You are over-estimating the goodness in this country. We're just as despicable as any other country. However, as a pragmatic, I do think we need to do what we need to do, in this tough world.
    Perhaps I am over-estimating. Edmund Burke's quote seems to come to mind: "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

    You are willing to let such things consume us; I do not share that view.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #489
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If that is the way, we then - especially in the West, need to modify our moral grounds. We need to look away and impassively ignore the rape, murder, and horrible living conditions of those people unfortunate enough to be born in these countries like Iraq with Hussein and his sons, and must tolerate the dirty dealings which undermine and even work against civil society. Leaving Assad to gas tens of thousands with a wagging finger and a few terse words from the State Department - a visit from the Sec. of State to a future Hussein and a passing mention while sipping tea that such brutal rapes and murders of young women by his sons looks rather dreadful on the world stage should be enough. A future Gaddafi and his naughty hijinx of hijacking planes and blowing up a few hundred people is a small price to keep the frothing Islamists from running amok.

    I'm not sure we can do that actually.
    Um, no! That's not at all what it means to stop providing fertile ground for militant Islamists to blossom in.

    Since the Soviet-Afghan war, recruiting Mujahedin ("holy warriors") to fight covert wars on Washington's behest has become an integral part of US foreign policy. A 1997 document of the US Congress reveals how the Clinton administration --under advice from the National Security Council headed by Anthony Lake-- had "helped turn Bosnia into a militant Islamic base" leading to the recruitment through the so-called "Militant Islamic Network," of thousands of Mujahedin from the Muslim world.

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/DCH109A.html


    After the Soviet withdrawal, Afghanistan was effectively ungoverned for seven years and plagued by constant infighting between former allies and various mujahideen groups.

    Throughout the 1990s, a new force began to emerge. The origins of the Taliban (literally "students") lay in the children of Afghanistan, many of them orphaned by the war, and many of whom had been educated in the rapidly expanding network of Islamic schools (madrassas) either in Kandahar or in the refugee camps on the Afghan-Pakistani border.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #490
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama has no strategy yet for dealing with ISIS.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatNews2night View Post
    You are not sure we can do that? We've done it for decades, and we continue to do it (just look at the horrible labor conditions the Saudis and the Emirs practice against their half-enslaved foreign work force, and see how we support them as allies. Look at our support for horrible South American dictators over the years. Just look at the fact that we used to support the very Saddam Hussein.

    No, buddy, when it suits us, we turn a blind eye to stuff, and we'll continue to do it. We get all humanitarian, again, when it suits us.

    You are over-estimating the goodness in this country. We're just as despicable as any other country. However, as a pragmatic, I do think we need to do what we need to do, in this tough world.
    That's the way it is!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •