Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

  1. #21
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    State faces $281 million budget shortfall : Wsj

    How's all that tax-cuttin' for the rich workin' out for ya? If you're Grover Nordquist, seems like all is going according to plan!
    Pfftt... please.

    That's a paltry sum compared to what he inherited. I PRAY for the day that the entire nation can bitch about similar results at the federal level. I swear the guy could cure cancer, end homelessness, and single handedly solve the middle east crisis and you guys would STILL find ways to manufacture this sort of childish opposition.

    Whatever.

  2. #22
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,009

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Lets see from the OP article

    - $3.6 billion budget shortfall Walker inherited from Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle in 2011

    Is it the Dems position it is just fine to overspend when its their call?

    Now lets look at another tid bid
    "The two-year budget passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature and signed by Walker in 2013 ended the first year with a $724 million surplus. But with Thursday's shortfall, than cushion is now just $443 million."

    Seems despite the 281mill short fall for this year, the State still has 443m to the good.

  3. #23
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,684

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    State faces $281 million budget shortfall : Wsj

    How's all that tax-cuttin' for the rich workin' out for ya? If you're Grover Nordquist, seems like all is going according to plan!
    How much more would it have been without the tax cuts?? Remember to factor in the economic impact of leaving that money in the hands of the wealth creators.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  4. #24
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Had good teachers.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #25
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So you are saying there is tremendous progress happening?
    Walker campaign spokeswoman Alleigh Marre pointed to the $3.6 billion budget shortfall Walker inherited from Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle in 2011. Burke served as Doyle's Commerce Department secretary for nearly three years.

    "Wisconsin can't afford to go back to the same policies that failed us in the past with Mary Burke," Marre said.

    The two-year budget passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature and signed by Walker in 2013 ended the first year with a $724 million surplus. But with Thursday's shortfall, than cushion is now just $443 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Pfftt... please.

    That's a paltry sum compared to what he inherited. I PRAY for the day that the entire nation can bitch about similar results at the federal level. I swear the guy could cure cancer, end homelessness, and single handedly solve the middle east crisis and you guys would STILL find ways to manufacture this sort of childish opposition.

    Whatever.
    So it's "the blame game" when we consider the predecessor, but it's expedient facts when you do.

    The double standard is noted.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #26
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So it's "the blame game" when we consider the predecessor, but it's expedient facts when you do.

    The double standard is noted.
    Bkame? What blame? What we are doing is very clearly pointing out that the Wisconsin budget is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was when Scott Walker took over. He has taken Wisconsin from a 3.6 BILLION dollar deficit to a deficit under 300 million. And you dont even have the grace to say "thank you!"

  7. #27
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,731

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Bkame? What blame? What we are doing is very clearly pointing out that the Wisconsin budget is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was when Scott Walker took over. He has taken Wisconsin from a 3.6 BILLION dollar deficit to a deficit under 300 million. And you dont even have the grace to say "thank you!"
    Scott Walker didn't solve the problem fast enough; therefore, he should be voted out.

    If you cannot see the irony in this facetious comment, then there's really nothing more that remains to be said between us.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #28
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Scott Walker didn't solve the problem fast enough; therefore, he should be voted out.

    If you cannot see the irony in this facetious comment, then there's really nothing more that remains to be said between us.


    He cut your states budget deficit from 3.6 BILLION to 281 MILLION...

    Face facts....none of that matters..You JUST ****ING HATE HIM. Oh my GAWD you hate him and you would rather see the person that worked with and for the guy that ran up that 3.6 BILLION dollar debt elected...not because its the right thing for the state but because you JUST...****ING...HAAAAAATE...HIM.

    Aint no irony in that. Its just ****ing sad.

  9. #29
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    49-47 Burke in the latest poll.
    Walker's supporting newspapers bashing him.
    He's now whining about Unions on Labor Day weekend as the biggest Koch head in the land.
    The other shoe hasn't dropped yet from the U.S. Court of Appeals .
    Physics is Phun

  10. #30
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin faces $281 million budget shortfall

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So it's "the blame game" when we consider the predecessor, but it's expedient facts when you do.

    The double standard is noted.
    Where did I blame the predecessor? I never mentioned anything except numbers.

    Look... I get it. I understand how hard it is to have to come to grips with the fact that conservative economic policies actually work when implemented. Just take a deep breath, swallow a little pride, and move on to the next bogus line of attack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •