Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

  1. #11
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Next thing you're going to tell me is that Wonder Dog was actually a mailman from Poughkeepsie.

  2. #12
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,036

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    I think Japan may be a little confused or at least these Japanese people. I think they need to learn a new English word, anthropomorphize.

    Anthropomorphize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    This is like saying Mickey Mouse isn't a mouse because he talks, has a girlfriend, never ran around on all fours, and does stuff only a human does. Or that Big Bird isn't a bird because he talks and is stuck as a 5 year old for his entire existence. They are characters, cartoons, muppets.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #13
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Next thing you're going to tell me is that Wonder Dog was actually a mailman from Poughkeepsie
    .



    Judging by what I read today Snoopy is still a dog.

  4. #14
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Well now I have to throw out all my Hello Kitty paraphernalia because now it just seems... creepy.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #15
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Snoopy was always called a Beagle. He has long ears. He looks like a Basset Hound to me.

  6. #16
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    If it walks like a human but looks like a cat it's...

    Thunder!

    Thunder!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #17
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    It's just shocking to know!


  8. #18
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,175

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Don't... Call... Her... KITTY!!

    ...Lest she consume your face.


  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I think Japan may be a little confused or at least these Japanese people. I think they need to learn a new English word, anthropomorphize.

    Anthropomorphize - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    This is like saying Mickey Mouse isn't a mouse because he talks, has a girlfriend, never ran around on all fours, and does stuff only a human does. Or that Big Bird isn't a bird because he talks and is stuck as a 5 year old for his entire existence. They are characters, cartoons, muppets.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Well... ok.

    Ok, Japan. Whatever you say. Just don't send the tentacle monsters.
    Japan is a country. Sanrio is a business, and is far from representative of Japan as a whole.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,929

    Re: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    She is a human little girl - specifically a British third grader named Betty White

    Read the article here: Sanrio shocker! Company reveals Hello Kitty is not actually a cat | Mail Online




    Well as a 71-year old man I'm not a Hello Kitty fan , but this does come as a big surprise to me.
    Kitty White. (I read this too and had no idea that Hello Kitty is 40 years old and such serious, serious business in Japan.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •