Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 270

Thread: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

  1. #61
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    I am always boycotting BK, because it's gross. The food is insanely salty. The last time I ate there, I probably drank two gallons of water.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So, you'd be happier if they said that US corporations pay higher taxes than any other country's corporations? So long as they don't mention the rate...
    Has it escaped you that the rate is rather irrelevant, considering its not what they actually pay.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #63
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    To be fair, labor laws are also a large incentive for relocation as well as energy costs. There are a multitude of reasons but taxation is a major issue that jurisdictions can readily use to attract business.
    Tried to point that out already.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #64
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because your point is irrelevant.
    You mean to say that you too think the only reason corporations relocate is for lower taxes? I'm not surprised.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #65
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    **** him and **** Warren "Raise my taxes" Buffet; that hypocrite.

    I don't blame Burger King at all, in fact... though I don't often do fast food. I think I'll go get a whopper, to support another Atlas who has Shrugged.

    To all you looters, chasing tax revenue chases it away, stop chasing away companies.
    Did GWB lower corporate taxes?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #66
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I think everyone knows that taxes are subject to deductions and that everyone everywhere pays "the effective tax rate" instead of the statutory tax rate. The fact of the matter is that our tax rate doesn't net out to be a very good deal for business or they'd be relocating here instead of everywhere else.
    That is beside the point that we keep hearing conservatives claim that the US at 35% has the highest tax rate in the world, which is irrelevant sense nobody pays 35%!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Fox News Link


    I am wondering how his constituents that are employed by Burger King feel about this. Way to throw them under the bus Sherrod.
    How about this clown work to change the punitive tax laws and get out of the way so we can grow our economy again.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #68
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    And they can be jailed for murder too, and get their cars washed, and marry gay people. Yeah, weve heard that argument before. Corporations are exactly like people.
    If the claim is that they are people, then they can pay like people pay. What? You like giving them the convenience of personhood without the bills? If they can influence our government, then they can damned well pay for the maitnance and upkeep on the government. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch "libertarian".
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Has it escaped you that the rate is rather irrelevant, considering its not what they actually pay.
    Obviously though what they pay is STILL more than what they will be paying in Canada.

  10. #70
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,974

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    BK isnt moving its HQ to Canada because of taxes since they pay less than 35%, they want to acquire Tim Horton's for its donuts and breakfast stuff so they can compete better. Brown is just another moronic politician who should be booted from office, he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •