Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 270

Thread: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

  1. #11
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Clearly the rate for Burger King will be lower in Canada.
    I would think so.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #12
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    06-17-18 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,738

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Except that nobody pays that rate. Compare what's actually paid to the rest of the world, it looks different then.
    Then why did they move ?

    You know, if " no one " pays that rate.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Then why did they move ?

    You know, if " no one " pays that rate.
    Most likely because they will pay a lower rate. But still, nobody pays 35%. Well except for dummies or people with dumb CPA's.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #14
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,352

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    As usual, a Dumbocrat misses the point.
    How about lowering the Corporate Tax rate, Brownie? Maybe if it wasn't the highest in the industrialized world, Burger King wouldn't be looking to leave the US.
    BK isn't leaving the US.

    I guess you missed that fact
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #15
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    06-17-18 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,738

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Most likely because they will pay a lower rate. But still, nobody pays 35%. Well except for dummies or people with dumb CPA's.

    Well the issue remains and this idiot of a Politician completely missed the point.

    America's High Corporate tax rate is COSTING us revenues......and jobs.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Well the issue remains and this idiot of a Politician completely missed the point.

    America's High Corporate tax rate is COSTING us revenues......and jobs.
    Yeah sure. So are many other failed policies.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #17
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    06-17-18 @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,738

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah sure. So are many other failed policies.

    Policies relevant to this discussion ?

    Probably not, huh .

  8. #18
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Except that nobody pays that rate. Compare what's actually paid to the rest of the world, it looks different then.
    How different? You'd think with it being so "different", all these companies would want to stay here to pay those lower taxes the lefties try to say they're paying. But no, despite all the claims that our corporate taxes aren't really so high after all, the companies paying them keep running for cover elsewhere. I guess no one told them that staying here was great because they can just loophole their way into lower taxes than the rest of the world.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    As usual, a Dumbocrat misses the point.
    How about lowering the Corporate Tax rate, Brownie? Maybe if it wasn't the highest in the industrialized world, Burger King wouldn't be looking to leave the US.
    Isn't it remarkable how little insight these leftists have into the consequences of their own policies.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    How different? You'd think with it being so "different", all these companies would want to stay here to pay those lower taxes the lefties try to say they're paying. But no, despite all the claims that our corporate taxes aren't really so high after all, the companies paying them keep running for cover elsewhere. I guess no one told them that staying here was great because they can just loophole their way into lower taxes than the rest of the world.
    Again, my issue is people quoting the tax rate as though its the actual rate that corporations pay.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •