Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 270

Thread: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

  1. #161
    Sage


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,306

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You are aware that Burger King is a publicly traded company that is about 70% owned by a South American company and generates more than 50% of its profits outside of the USA. I'd say they've been pretty good corporate citizens these past years being headquartered within the US and paying excess taxes. Now that the combined interests of Burger King and Tim Horton's are going to be even more non-USA owned, you want them to remain headquartered in the US and paying excess taxes on Tim Horton's profits which are overwhelmingly Canadian raised?
    Not at all. I just don't see the glee that tres borrachos expressed by going out of his way to eat at BK because of this event.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." --J.S. Mill

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,016

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, and how many ask the stock holders if it's OK to use their money for political means? If an individual uses their personal funds to do ate, that's one thing. When it's a board of directors talking about how to use other people's money for political means, it's another. Corporations can pay for their access, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
    Take it up with the corporations you own. That has nothing to do with claiming that corporations should pay taxes because they are people. They arent. They are the tools of people, and people have right to use their tools how they see fit.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,016

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'm not much into boycotts. that being said, the headquartering scam is really slimy. corporations that do this should have their products tariffed.

    i am for lowering the corporate tax rate significantly, though, and collecting it from everyone, not just the little guys.
    That seems to be a conflicting argument. You think its wrong to tax them so much, but when they agree and do something about it, theyre wrong. How is it slimy for someone to reduce the high cost of doing business, which is high due to abusive govt? Its not a scam, its not illegal, its common sense, and good for owners and investors. They should be praised. Im going to BK for lunch just to cancel out Browns alleged boycott.

  4. #164
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Take it up with the corporations you own. That has nothing to do with claiming that corporations should pay taxes because they are people. They arent. They are the tools of people, and people have right to use their tools how they see fit.
    Which is why it's OK to tax corps in whatever way the people see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    This is what an Ohio Senator worries about?



    Hey idiot Senator?

    If you want Burger King to stay then make the corporate tax laws/regs more corporate friendly.

    Do you really think Burger King is leaving for ANY other reason then financial? Or do you think they have a sudden passion for hockey, poutine and more snow?

    Moron.

  6. #166
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
    Not at all. I just don't see the glee that tres borrachos expressed by going out of his way to eat at BK because of this event.
    Tres Borarchos is a she. That's why I have a little pink thing in my panel over there <--------------------------

    Of course you don't get the glee. That's because you want BK to fail so that lots of people suffer financially, and because you think whatever any Democratic politician says is Gospel.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Tres Borarchos is a she. That's why I have a little pink thing in my panel over there <--------------------------

    Of course you don't get the glee. That's because you want BK to fail so that lots of people suffer financially, and because you think whatever any Democratic politician says is Gospel.
    I don't know about the former (BK failing)...but I definitely agree with the latter.

    MTAtech does not strike me as politically 'open minded'...quite the contrary.


    Personally, I did not even know he was a Dem when I typed my above post.

    I assume both parties are full of morons.


    Btw...I cannot rep you for some reason.

    Your 'repper' does not work.
    Last edited by DA60; 08-29-14 at 01:01 PM.

  8. #168
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I don't know about the former...but I definitely agree with the latter.
    Trust me, I'm a girl.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Trust me, I'm a girl.
    I meant I don't know about the BK failing part.

    I have little doubt that you are the sex you claim to be.


  10. #170
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for Burger King boycott over Tim Hortons deal

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Take it up with the corporations you own. That has nothing to do with claiming that corporations should pay taxes because they are people. They arent. They are the tools of people, and people have right to use their tools how they see fit.
    Take it up with the government. Corporations are taxed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •