Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Because all Democrats currently in office are responsible for not holding Obama accountable and blocking or attempting to block any reasonable action that would hold the idiot accountable. They have surrendered their Constitutional responsibilities and powers to support Obama.
    Well since the GOP voted AGAINST action in Syria, they hold blame as well. Also, the GOP has REPEATIDLY given in to Obama on numerous occations, so yet again you ignore the fault of the GOP as well. There is no ONE party responsible for this. It could very well be argued if we didn't go into IRaq in the first place this wouldn't have happened.

    Glad to see your fauz outrage up though while ignoring the fact the GOP is just as responsible.

  2. #52
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I think the GOP needs to do more of this, MUCH more.

    Tim-
    Trampling on the graves of private citizens to whip up fear? I look at anyone who advocates that with more than a little disgust.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  3. #53
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    I don't approve of either major party using images of soldiers getting shot or coming home in flag-draped coffins as part of a campaign ad. That's pandering.

    War itself, of course, is fair game because it's policy.
    War itself should be considered a crime against humanity. But that's not practical, because if it were, no nation would have any leaders.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well since the GOP voted AGAINST action in Syria, they hold blame as well. Also, the GOP has REPEATIDLY given in to Obama on numerous occations, so yet again you ignore the fault of the GOP as well. There is no ONE party responsible for this. It could very well be argued if we didn't go into IRaq in the first place this wouldn't have happened.

    Glad to see your fauz outrage up though while ignoring the fact the GOP is just as responsible.
    The GOP candidate is running against an incumbent. Why should there be outrage against him for things he was not in office to influence? Your argument may be a good partisan rant but hardly applies to this particular case.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Trampling on the graves of private citizens to whip up fear? I look at anyone who advocates that with more than a little disgust.
    I couldn't care less...


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #56
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Like using the Iraq war and dead servicemen to push Democrat campaigns?
    The Iraq War and the U.S. casualties in it were the direct result of a Republican President's policy. The Bush Administration committed us to war in Iraq. While I think the Obama Administration has been terrible on foreign policy in many respects, a he did not send a journalist over there only for him to be beheaded, so the two are hardly comparable.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #57
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, politicking on dead bodies won the Democrats the White House.
    No, 8 years of what was easily the worst president of the last century is what won Democrats the White House.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #58
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    No, 8 years of what was easily the worst president of the last century is what won Democrats the White House.
    Given that that judgement on Bush's presidency was based almost entirely on the war in Iraq and dead soldiers your argument falls flat.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #59
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    The Iraq War and the U.S. casualties in it were the direct result of a Republican President's policy. The Bush Administration committed us to war in Iraq. While I think the Obama Administration has been terrible on foreign policy in many respects, a he did not send a journalist over there only for him to be beheaded, so the two are hardly comparable.
    They are comparable insofar as ISIS is the product of bad Obama foreign policy. The Syrian civil war and the rise of ISIS was all on Obama's watch. The arming of Syrian rebels was an Obama decision. The current dithering by the President rather than forceful confrontation of ISIS is Obama's decision.

    The brutal reality of ISIS is fair game in a US election.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #60
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: GOP Campaign ad exploits Foley's beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Given that that judgement on Bush's presidency was based almost entirely on the war in Iraq and dead soldiers your argument falls flat.
    It would also be based on his failed foreign policy across the board and his heralding in the greatest financial crisis and economic collapse since the Great Depression.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •