Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI



    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-uzi/14655263/

    Okay I'm not going to go the anti gun route with this but who in their right mind would take their 9 year old daughter to a gun range to shoot a UZI !!!!! Now because of this a man is dead and a little girl is traumatized.
    Last edited by rcart76; 08-27-14 at 12:38 PM.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Didn't look like the girl had any previous shooting experience either. I'm all for teaching children how to shoot, I think in a controlled and supervised environment it can teach them to be responsible with guns early on, but this...this was just plain stupid. Full-grown adults have problems holding onto UZIs, giving one to a 9 year old girl with zero shooting experience brings on a whole new level of stupidity.

    This is pretty sad. I feel bad for the kid and what she must be going through right now.

    The instructor, though, can go to hell. You can tell he was doing it because he thought it would be funny, that's why he was having it recorded. Similar idea to the woman who got hit in the head with a 50 cal Desert Eagle. It was intended to be another "hur hur" video. Nobody is laughing though.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Yeesh. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

    Full auto can be difficult for a full grown man to handle if he's lacking experience, let alone a nine year old girl.

  4. #4
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Sad events like this are just sad. No political debate should come of it, but it will.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Yes, Sub-Machine Guns will climb up on you if you're not familiar with shooting them or too weak to control them.

    Bad call on the instructors part and not the girls fault what so ever.

  6. #6
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    "Burgers and Bullets"...


  7. #7
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,662

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Didn't look like the girl had any previous shooting experience either. I'm all for teaching children how to shoot, I think in a controlled and supervised environment it can teach them to be responsible with guns early on, but this...this was just plain stupid. Full-grown adults have problems holding onto UZIs, giving one to a 9 year old girl with zero shooting experience brings on a whole new level of stupidity.

    This is pretty sad. I feel bad for the kid and what she must be going through right now.

    The instructor, though, can go to hell. You can tell he was doing it because he thought it would be funny, that's why he was having it recorded. Similar idea to the woman who got hit in the head with a 50 cal Desert Eagle. It was intended to be another "hur hur" video. Nobody is laughing though.
    WRT to the instructor, while he seems to have exercised extremely poor judgement I don't think he was the one filming it. The video was, apparently, shot by the girls parents.

  8. #8
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Sad events like this are just sad. No political debate should come of it, but it will.
    Unfortunately you are right. That is why I put the disclaimer in about this is not about guns rights. There should bi-partisan agreement that this was stupid.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #9
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    WRT to the instructor, while he seems to have exercised extremely poor judgement I don't think he was the one filming it. The video was, apparently, shot by the girls parents.
    Exactly. You can't put this on the instructor completely, the parent ultimately were the ones who made the call.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #10
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,493

    Re: 9 year old girl kills instructor accidentally with UZI

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Sad events like this are just sad. No political debate should come of it, but it will.
    I think there is legitimate scope for some debate about training of instructors and rules around young children using guns. You'd be setting a dangerous president if any incident involving firearms is automatically closed down for discussion. Obviously the stupid generalist rants (from all sides) about guns are a waste of time but that doesn't mean there aren't elements that are worthy of intelligent discussion. The only question is whether anyone relevant is capable of it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •