Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 272

Thread: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

  1. #61
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,782

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yeah, but then think about how many opportunities to go to war we'd pass up! I don't think the defense contractors would get behind that one Jamesrage. And they've a pretty large lobby.

    Many elected officials both on the right and left seem to have their lips firmly wrapped around M.I.C.'s(military industrial complex) cock. Kind of males me wonder if this militarization of the police is just another way of lining the pockets of MIC. Yeah the police are getting used equipment.But when another war pops up the military will need new equipment because it sold or given away all their old equipment.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #62
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,244
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    So how did Bush cause the French to file Resolutions in the UN for Enforceable Action in Syria again.....then lessening Sanctions on Iran. Then file resolutions with over 6 different African Nations. Including Libya wherein they tricked BO and his team into jumping to take out Gadhafi for them and the Sauds?

    Where did you say Bush comes in with telling the French what to do?
    huh?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    huh?
    Yeah exactly.....you can roll your eyes when you can come up with answer for the Actions of the French and the ME as well as Africa.

    You stated that Bush was warned that his actions would cause this? Which is where I jumped in and asked you. How did Bush tell the French what to do?

    How did Bush bring out all of this extra curricular activities in Yemen? Bahrain? Or with the French?

    How is that Terrorism has grown under BO peep by 58%......attacks up from 390 something to over a 1000? All from 2010 til now? How did Bush cause all that to take place?

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Because it was the actions of that administration that has caused a lot of the problems we see today. They were warned but didn't listen. So **** yeah, I certainly have the right to point the finger.
    This is a simplistic view of all the problems that we face today. And partisan. The problems that we are facing today is the result of several POTUS's, not just one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And, hypothetically, say about 20 Americans succeeded in hijacking a plane (or two) and flying them into a couple of those incredible buildings in Dubai. Does that make the United States of American open for justified invasion? Of course not, so your point is ridiculous.
    1: That isn't why we invaded Iraq.

    2: You tried to blame the fact that there were terrorists that were basically fighting the US due to the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. If that were true then we wouldn't have had 9/11 happen until after those wars started.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #65
    Advisor polisciguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-27-17 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    So, the inevitable escalation has occurred. The local forces have entrenched in an effort to defend themselves, now who could have foreseen that?

    Now, I guess with air strikes challenged they will have to put hardware on the ground to take it out. It is what any Peace Prize recipient would do, right?

    Can anyone tell me, other than the fact ISIS is not the group of US choice for a puppet government, why the US absolutely MUST fight them? If they're trying to stop people from killing each other, they should start on the nation's streets. When you have a country where men and women can live together in peace and harmony, maybe the rest of the world will look up to that.
    I certainly wish the U.S. response to violent groups like this wasn't so hypocritical, but alas, U.S. foreign policy operates not on morality but on potential benefit gained in serving whatever the agenda may be at a given time. We just like to play on the moral issue so that it seams really simple to the common folk.

    To answer your somewhat humorous question with a somewhat humorous answer, I think the U.S. feels a little sting since right as most of the troops leave, the place goes to ****. That, at least, is a possible contributing factor.

  6. #66
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    06-11-18 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,086

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polisciguy View Post
    I certainly wish the U.S. response to violent groups like this wasn't so hypocritical, but alas, U.S. foreign policy operates not on morality but on potential benefit gained in serving whatever the agenda may be at a given time. We just like to play on the moral issue so that it seams really simple to the common folk.

    To answer your somewhat humorous question with a somewhat humorous answer, I think the U.S. feels a little sting since right as most of the troops leave, the place goes to ****. That, at least, is a possible contributing factor.
    US foreign policy is more and more shaped by whatever may be gained at THAT time domestically. The older I get and the more wars I see, they all and up without meaning or reason, from Vietnam to Afghanistan.

    The place goes to **** because they up and left when they got bored, not because they had brought any stability to the region. Outside olf that great assault on Grenada when has a US invasion ever brought stability...?
    Americans can always be counted on doing the right thing...after they have tried everything else." Winston Churchill.

  7. #67
    Advisor polisciguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-27-17 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    US foreign policy is more and more shaped by whatever may be gained at THAT time domestically. The older I get and the more wars I see, they all and up without meaning or reason, from Vietnam to Afghanistan.

    The place goes to **** because they up and left when they got bored, not because they had brought any stability to the region. Outside olf that great assault on Grenada when has a US invasion ever brought stability...?
    Preaching to the choir here, my good sir.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Muslims are not evil. And yes, there was already hatred, but now, there's just a lot more.
    Who was talking about Muslims?

  9. #69
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    06-11-18 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,086

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polisciguy View Post
    Preaching to the choir here, my good sir.

    The choir is where the message actually gets heard.

    The riiff raff on the street aren't ever going to listen. I think we do this out of a perverted sense of preservation of the species.
    Americans can always be counted on doing the right thing...after they have tried everything else." Winston Churchill.

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,932

    Re: ISIS Demands $6.6M Ransom for 26-Year-Old American Woman.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh don't pretend that seeing Obama shamed would jerk a tear from your eye. Otherwise your question to me makes no sense. I never offered up that IS would give a **** her or her parents. Only that her parents would have a different take on whether any ransom should be paid. But they have been in the past and will be in the future as Pete pointed out. It's just not advertised.
    You have this incessant need to BE partisan in everything you do.

    I have supported every decision Obama has made when he did them, even if I didnt necessarily agree with him. Once the CiC involves troops or the military in any capacity, he has my support. Ive been that guy over there. I have kids that are those guys today. I supported Obamas decision to use air attacks against ISIS. I support his decision to use drone strikes against terrorists and even expand their ops.

    I said here that I understand the tough spot he was in and I support the presidents Bergdahl decision. I still think Bergdahl should be investigated but I support Obamas decision.

    So...do us both a favor and take your constant whining partisan bull**** elsewhere or point to where I have been critical of an actual decision Obama has made to engage our enemies.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •