Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: $350,000 to sue President Obama

  1. #41
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,275

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't remember all this hand wringing on the left when congressional Democrats sued President Bush over his cancellation of the ABM treaty.

    House Democrats Sue President Bush Over Withdrawal From ABM Treaty (Desperation Tactics 2002)

    Nor when Nancy Pelosi was threatening to sue the White House over the Attorney General's refusal to take up a House motion to investigate President Bush.

    Pelosi Pledges to Sue White House Over AG's Refusal to Investigate Bush Advisers | Fox News

    "Waste of time and money" I hear them bellow now, yet they were cheering from the bleachers when the shoe was on the other foot and it was that Satanic Bush that was being sued.
    I said this suit is political theater, which it is. Those suits were also political theater, and I wonder how many left wingers on here said as much at the time.

    Both sides engage in political theater, and it's dishonest to say otherwise.

    Back to this suit - it's political theater.

  2. #42
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I said this suit is political theater, which it is. Those suits were also political theater, and I wonder how many left wingers on here said as much at the time.

    Both sides engage in political theater, and it's dishonest to say otherwise.

    Back to this suit - it's political theater.
    Fair enough, but then every civil suit is a bit of theater in its own right. Personally, I have no objection to people legally challenging a head of state who is thought to be acting outside of the law - keeps them honest and let's the regular riff-raff like me know there's someone minding the business of government.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #43
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,275

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Fair enough, but then every civil suit is a bit of theater in its own right. Personally, I have no objection to people legally challenging a head of state who is thought to be acting outside of the law - keeps them honest and let's the regular riff-raff like me know there's someone minding the business of government.
    I'm sure a lot of civil suits are theater too. But I don't know.

    This is theater. And I like Boehner. Just like what Pelosi wanted to do, and what the House Dems did to Bush...theater.

    I don't think it helps anyone. JMO.

  4. #44
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm sure a lot of civil suits are theater too. But I don't know.

    This is theater. And I like Boehner. Just like what Pelosi wanted to do, and what the House Dems did to Bush...theater.

    I don't think it helps anyone. JMO.
    If someone hadn't taken the President to court, his stacked Labor Relations Board would have gone unchallenged and it would have set a precedent for future Presidents to declare the Senate in recess. Sometimes theater has principle behind it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #45
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,275

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    If someone hadn't taken the President to court, his stacked Labor Relations Board would have gone unchallenged and it would have set a precedent for future Presidents to declare the Senate in recess. Sometimes theater has principle behind it.
    I understand that. You seem agitated by my posts. If I truly believed that the Republican House members are truly worried about a precedent being set for future Presidents, I'd say this isn't theater. But I don't believe that.

  6. #46
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I understand that. You seem agitated by my posts. If I truly believed that the Republican House members are truly worried about a precedent being set for future Presidents, I'd say this isn't theater. But I don't believe that.
    No, I'm not agitated by your posts - you have your view and I have mine - I simply responded to you because you responded to my post about previous Democrat suits against President Bush. I'm not upset nor am I challenging your initial position that it's political theater and I'm not sure why you'd feel that way. But it's all good with me.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, I didn't say ANYTHING about public money, I said it was a waste of money period. Just another example of why the duopoly system of the Dems AND GOP is corrupt and not interested in solving real problems.

    The rest of your post is just more rhetoric because whether the Dems or GOP is running things is irrelevent as BOTH are for BIG government for their pet projects and BOTH are corrupt as hell. But then we know you love corruption as long as it is YOUR guys that are in charge and corrupt.
    I know this is hard for a lefty but never mind how other people spend their own money. Its not your business to cry about.
    For the record-its OBAMA who is corrupt and fighting these criminals does not just benefit republicans, it benefits everyone. You should be thanking them.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,046

    Re: $350,000 to sue President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I said this suit is political theater, which it is. Those suits were also political theater, and I wonder how many left wingers on here said as much at the time.

    Both sides engage in political theater, and it's dishonest to say otherwise.

    Back to this suit - it's political theater.
    Whats the alternative?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •