Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #851
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I've never said the action was appropriate. It was likely done in the heat of the moment, an attempt to stop him from running after Wilson tried to open his door to get to them and had it shut back on him. He likely grabbed for them, and managed to get a hold on Brown. It doesn't make it right or wrong. It was almost certainly a reaction.

    It is much more probable that the officer was trying to stop them for suspicion of being the robbery suspects than for him simply being on a power trip. There is no indication (so far) that this officer was the type to go on "power trips" to begin with. There is an indication though that he is willing to stop and detain/apprehend suspects when they are suspected of having committed a crime since that is what he basically got his commendation for about 6 months before the incident.
    How do you know this? We do know that he was shooting, recklessly I might add (a bullet was found in the side of a building), at a fleeing man. We also know that Wilson didn't have to back up the vehicle in that manner. Why not just get out where he was and tell Brown to surrender... with his hand on his tazer? His actions, on their face, was bizarre.

    Do you think there was an indication that Brown was a complete maniac? Because he would have to do to flee from shots fired, then turn and taunt the guy shooting at him to shoot.... then charges the officer.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #852
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which would go to his not being shot at first.
    And the spontaneous witness clearly indicated that he continued toward the Officer as the Officer shot.
    One witness' claim does not override the claim of 3 or 4 others that have stated Wilson got out of the car shooting.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #853
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    How do you know this? We do know that he was shooting, recklessly I might add (a bullet was found in the side of a building), at a fleeing man.
    You know no such thing.
    It is far more likely that the bullet came from the discharge in the struggle with Brown. As the angle clearly is not toward someone running in the direction Brown ran.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #854
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    One witness' claim does not override the claim of 3 or 4 others that have stated Wilson got out of the car shooting.


    When those witnesses are not credible. Yes it does.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #855
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    When those witnesses are not credible. Yes it does.
    what causes their testimonies to be found incredible?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #856
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no doubt, that is a possibility
    only it has been presented as what must have occurred ... and it is that assessment with which i disagree


    then it would appear your presentation is that by reversing his vehicle towards them, he was in stealth mode, attempting to conceal his intent to approach them, refusing to alert them of his intent with lights and siren
    and my conclusion is that this is a baseless premise, based on what has been presented
    the pedestrians did not leave the scene in their efforts to escape, recognizing the police vehicle was backing up towards them
    the patrol car driver-side door was opened against one of them, indicating they were in no hurry to avoid the cop's presence, otherwise, such contact would not have been made as they were fleeing the scene
    to me, this most indicates the pedestrians were indifferent to the patrolman's directions, both when he departed them initially, after telling them to get out of the street, and upon his return, when they had not. hardly the actions of parties concerned about being apprehended for their actions, as pedestrians or as strong-arm robbers
    my surmise is that this dismissal of the patrolman and his directions is what caused the cop to return towards the pedestrians in the unannounced manner, aggravated that they refused to heed his directions
    but my assessment is preliminary, formed by speculation, rather than the complete facts, which have yet to be disclosed
    All they knew by him backing up is that he was coming back toward them. Obviously, it didn't cause them to bolt right away. This was likely due to the fact that they didn't know why he was coming back toward them. Maybe they thought it was because of them remaining in the road (if they did) or something else.

    We only have the other guy's statement that the door was opened against one of them which caused it to close back. That hasn't been confirmed anymore than the reason why Wilson came back to them.

    You are presuming the officer had to have some reason related to him just being a jerk to come back towards them rather than the more likely reason that he had realized they were suspects in a robbery that had just recently occurred (and we know they were involved in by the friend's own admission). There is simply no logical reason to assume he would just be a jerk to them because they weren't getting out of the street. There is also no reason why he would try to apprehend them for just refusing to move from the street. It is much more likely that he would try to apprehend them for being suspects in a robbery.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #857
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    When those witnesses are not credible. Yes it does.
    Why are they not credible? Because you don't like their version of events?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #858
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    How do you know this? We do know that he was shooting, recklessly I might add (a bullet was found in the side of a building), at a fleeing man. We also know that Wilson didn't have to back up the vehicle in that manner. Why not just get out where he was and tell Brown to surrender... with his hand on his tazer? His actions, on their face, was bizarre.

    Do you think there was an indication that Brown was a complete maniac? Because he would have to do to flee from shots fired, then turn and taunt the guy shooting at him to shoot.... then charges the officer.
    Do you know that the bullet came from his shooting at Brown or that it might have been the bullet from the discharge in the vehicle, which would have been off if they were actually struggling for the weapon even just seconds before?

    In reality, it doesn't matter if he was fleeing or not.

    I have no idea what Brown's mindset was. He wouldn't have to be a "complete maniac" at all. People do dumb crap all the time, especially when they are young. The guy just allegedly robbed a store. He also allegedly punched/hit a cop trying to apprehend him, possibly even trying to get the police officer's weapon. If we assume he did all these things, it is possible that he might be willing to also charge that cop in an attempt to throw the cop off or just gain an advantage in his escape. He may have believed that Wilson wouldn't have been willing to shoot him. Then it could have just been he was moving forward because he didn't realize he shouldn't. I've never said that he was definitely charging at Wilson. In fact, I doubt it was a full out attempt to run towards him. But movement towards a police officer who is aiming a weapon at you can be considered "aggressive" even if you do not mean it to be. That is why you don't do it. "Freeze!" may be a cliche but that doesn't mean it you shouldn't act on it if a cop is chasing you, especially with his weapon out and shooting at you. You let him tell you what to do instead of making moves that could be considered acts of aggression, particularly if you are bigger than him and just hit/punched him once already.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #859
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Do you know that the bullet came from his shooting at Brown or that it might have been the bullet from the discharge in the vehicle, which would have been off if they were actually struggling for the weapon even just seconds before?

    In reality, it doesn't matter if he was fleeing or not.

    I have no idea what Brown's mindset was. He wouldn't have to be a "complete maniac" at all. People do dumb crap all the time, especially when they are young. The guy just allegedly robbed a store. He also allegedly punched/hit a cop trying to apprehend him, possibly even trying to get the police officer's weapon. If we assume he did all these things, it is possible that he might be willing to also charge that cop in an attempt to throw the cop off or just gain an advantage in his escape. He may have believed that Wilson wouldn't have been willing to shoot him. Then it could have just been he was moving forward because he didn't realize he shouldn't. I've never said that he was definitely charging at Wilson. In fact, I doubt it was a full out attempt to run towards him. But movement towards a police officer who is aiming a weapon at you can be considered "aggressive" even if you do not mean it to be. That is why you don't do it. "Freeze!" may be a cliche but that doesn't mean it you shouldn't act on it if a cop is chasing you, especially with his weapon out and shooting at you. You let him tell you what to do instead of making moves that could be considered acts of aggression, particularly if you are bigger than him and just hit/punched him once already.
    Do you realize your entire scenario depends on Wilson being "good" and Brown being "bad"?

    In my view they're both jackasses. One of them had a gun, thus we have a corpse.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #860
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    One witness' claim does not override the claim of 3 or 4 others that have stated Wilson got out of the car shooting.
    Without comment other than, if it's strictly about numbers:

    Police sources tell me more than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop's version of events in shooting #Ferguson

    — Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) August 19, 2014

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •