Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #821
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,241

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh really ?

    Where was the vetting of the media's narrative that this guy was some innocent Gentle Giant who was gunned down in cold blood ?

    I mean there was no trial for the officer and people made the decision the day it happened.

    Releasing that video was a brilliant move on the part of the Ferguson Police force

    Because it DESTROYED the myth that this was just a innocent Kid minding his own business.

    A myth that if not for the video would have been perpetuated and embellished to the point of " justifying " more violence, more riots and more looting

    The releasw of the video pissed off the race hustlers too.

    Thats indication enough that ut was the right thing to do.
    Because he was unarmed and shot by the cops in the middle of the day for walking down the street, and we don't know anything otherwise. And the Ferguson PD hasn't exactly released any reports, and the cop certainly hasn't said anything. You have a dead kid, that is the reality.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #822
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Prove that doesn't happen, and then prove he wasn't already approaching the Officer when the Officer started shooting.
    I need not prove a thing, nor do I chose to enter into this silly game of trying to speculate as to what happened. I don't know.

    I will not indulge in the foolish enterprise of drawing conclusions on hearsay and impressions. I am willing to wait to hear all of the evidence before I make some declaration about what happened. That said, I enjoy challenging the reasonableness, if not the intellect, of those that operate in the world of impressions drawn upon incomplete facts and half-baked speculation. I think people that think they know what happened here, unless that actually were there, are playing in the realm of foolishness.

    That all said, I find your speculation herein to be unreasonable...... I did not say it did not happen, I just said its not reasonable.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 09-03-14 at 11:03 PM.

  3. #823
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I think people that think they know what happened here, unless that actually were there, are playing in the realm of foolishness.

    That all said, I find your speculation herein to be unreasonable...... I did not say it did not happen, I just said its not reasonable.
    Which makes you wrong all the way around.
    We have the known evidence. I do not care if you do not want to know, or if you can't tell what it says. That is on you.

    And the evidence is not unreasonable.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #824
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    No, the store owner and/or clerk may have decided not to press charges.

    But if was to be convicted, then YES.
    We have visible proof. He will never be charged because he's dead.

    That does not mean he didnt do it. It just means he's not a posthumous felon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #825
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    So here's a very good article that explains the policies and law that guide the police's interactions with the public and their use of force.

    From a friend of mine. He is a cop and his wife is a detective in rural WA St. Not liberals I am. And dang it if we arent friends anyway.

    How cops can help citizens better understand police use of force

    From the article:

    Force Options

    When an officer meets resistance, officers are trained to use a level of force justified by the specific threat, or resistance they are presented with. For example, if a person pulls away from an officer making an arrest and snaps, “Don’t you touch me,” the officer can choose to apply a compliance hold to that person.

    These holds are designed to convince the person to comply.

    When a suspect is actively resisting, the officer can also choose to disengage and deploy a TASER or utilize pepper spray to overcome that resistance.

    It might surprise some people to discover that when a suspect strikes an officer, or even acts as if he or she is about to strike an officer, that officer can legally deliver impacts with what we call personal body weapons.

    Officers can punch, kick, or strike with elbows and/or knees to defend themselves and/or make an arrest.

    Officers can also choose to deliver baton impacts to targeted areas on the body. Officers can even strike a suspect more than once if once does not stop the suspect’s threat. If a suspect tries to hit an officer, don’t be surprised when that officer hits back.

    Use of Deadly Force

    I’ve never heard an officer say at the beginning of a shift, “I hope I get to shoot someone today.”

    While the vast majority of officers never fire their weapons in the line of duty, some have to. When an officer is faced with the threat of death or great bodily injury — or someone they are sworn to protect is faced with that same imminent threat — an officer is justified in using deadly force.

    There are three generally held misconceptions about deadly force that continually arise and need to be addressed:

    1. An officer can shoot an unarmed man under certain conditions.
    An officer may have to use deadly force on an unarmed man who is larger, stronger, and/or attempting to disarm the officer, for example. In the case of a suspect, who is battering an officer to the point that he or she may suffer death or great bodily harm, the use of deadly force is defensible. Police officers do not have to sustain a severe beating in the line of duty.

    Other factors that could justify an officer’s choice to utilize deadly force are the extent of that officer’s injury, exhaustion, or the number of assaultive adversaries the officer is confronted with.

    2. An officer can, in certain conditions, shoot someone in the back.
    You see if a suspect is fleeing and their escape presents an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to the community at large, the use of deadly force can be justified. On some occasions a round might enter through the back, because of the dynamics of the circumstance.

    3. Officers are not — and never will be — trained to shoot to wound or shoot weapons out of subjects’ hands.
    These are not realistic options. Handguns are not accurate enough to deliberately attempt such things when lives are on the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #826
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    FYI

    I have not yet seen convincing evidence that supports lethal force in the Ferguson case. I have seen 'evidence' of both possibilities but not confirmed or official or substantiated. Both sides will make claims in their own best interests. I can speculate scenarios that both fully support lethal force and completely dismiss it based on statements and 'evidence' released so far. I hope that there is enough physical evidence to support statements and clearly prove this one way or another. Not betting on it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #827
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Because he was unarmed and shot by the cops in the middle of the day for walking down the street, and we don't know anything otherwise. And the Ferguson PD hasn't exactly released any reports, and the cop certainly hasn't said anything. You have a dead kid, that is the reality.
    " Unharmed ". .....irrelevant

    " Middle of the day "....irrelevant

    " Walking Down the Street "..irrelevant

    " You don't know otherwise "... Yes relevant, but that didn't stop you from showing up at DP and perpetuating a MYTH rather than waiting.

    It didn't stop the looters, the protesters, the news outlets, the race hustlers AND the Washington Redskins ( morons ) from jumping to conclusions.

  8. #828
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,241

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    " Unharmed ". .....irrelevant

    " Middle of the day "....irrelevant

    " Walking Down the Street "..irrelevant

    " You don't know otherwise "... Yes relevant, but that didn't stop you from showing up at DP and perpetuating a MYTH rather than waiting.

    It didn't stop the looters, the protesters, the news outlets, the race hustlers AND the Washington Redskins ( morons ) from jumping to conclusions.
    Washington Redskins? Don't insert irrelevant, off topic subjects as part of a rant when you don't have an answer.

    Geez....focus
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #829
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Washington Redskins? Don't insert irrelevant, off topic subjects as part of a rant when you don't have an answer.

    Geez....focus
    As a gesture of solidarity with the protesters they ran out on to the field with their hands up

    What ? You were not aware of this ?

    Your ignorance does npt equate to irrelevance on my part.

  10. #830
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,241

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    As a gesture of solidarity with the protesters they ran out on to the field with their hands up

    What ? You were not aware of this ?

    Your ignorance does npt equate to irrelevance on my part.
    Still, it means nothing to the topic. But, it means something to you, I guess.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •