Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #791
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That you are underplaying their risks and that affects your perspective?
    That my opinion that people have it wrong is an effect of the reactions I've seen to this case despite the known evidence. Wilson is presumed innocent, and also every eyewitness is presumed to be guilty, including Brown, or they have had words put in their mouth. It is a double standard in favor of law enforcement over the community they swear to, but don't always, protect.

  2. #792
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Yea, I know. I had a motorcycle accident where I broke 8ribs and my shoulder blade. It didn't take very long for the pain to start.
    I've done that....broke ribs...at the back, at the vertebra, not front...and separated a shoulder. Had to get back on horse and ride miles home. I was mostly in shock, not in much pain at all, did not hit my head (helmet) but repeated the same things over and over...was very disoriented.

    The pain hit later...and lasted weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #793
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    That my opinion that people have it wrong is an effect of the reactions I've seen to this case despite the known evidence. Wilson is presumed innocent, and also every eyewitness is presumed to be guilty, including Brown, or they have had words put in their mouth. It is a double standard in favor of law enforcement over the community they swear to, but don't always, protect.
    All I have done is explain the facts and known training, realities, etc about specific statements and comments made. (from witnesses, evidence, and people here.) I have not weighed in at all on my opinion on this particular incident and if you had read other threads on this event, you would have seen examples where I certainly did not show cops in a positive light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #794
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I've done that....broke ribs...at the back, at the vertebra, not front...and separated a shoulder. Had to get back on horse and ride miles home. I was mostly in shock, not in much pain at all, did not hit my head (helmet) but repeated the same things over and over...was very disoriented.

    The pain hit later...and lasted weeks.
    My ribs hurt the second they broke. I knew my ribs were broken and I suspected my shoulder was as well. What really caused me a problem was that one of the ribs had penetrated one of my lungs. Maybe that's the pain I felt, but I assure you it didn't take two seconds for me to be in pretty bad pain. Of course at time I didn't know about the suction tube the ER doctor would stick in this deflated lung. That taught me a new definition of pain.

  5. #795
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    My ribs hurt the second they broke. I knew my ribs were broken and I suspected my shoulder was as well. What really caused me a problem was that one of the ribs had penetrated one of my lungs. Maybe that's the pain I felt, but I assure you it didn't take two seconds for me to be in pretty bad pain. Of course at time I didn't know about the suction tube the ER doctor would stick in this deflated lung. That taught me a new definition of pain.
    It all depends on the injury and the person. Like I said, I didn't even realize my nose was more than just a bruise from hitting it until I wiped my nose and my hand came back covered in blood. There was just virtually no pain for about that first hour, and even after that, it was more throbbing than anything up til the doctor reset it. But it was swollen and my eyes started turning black and blue by later that night.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #796
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    It's no doubt a dangerous job, but it's not a free pass to avoid criticism of using excess force. In Ferguson, there have been at least two unarmed citizens killed by police in the past three years, and both of them likely could have been apprehended without the use of deadly force had things been done differently. I haven't heard of any officers in Ferguson killed on the job during that period.

    We don't know all the details about Jason Moore, but what the lawsuit is alleging is appalling. That type of incident makes you wonder whether it's not more dangerous to be a citizen than it is to be a police officer in some of these places.
    I will in no way say that ALL cops are "good cops", nor that mistakes aren't made. We have human beings doing this job, and human beings make mistakes. But, I don't think anyone is saying that police should be above criticism, nor that individual situations weren't handled in the best possible ways. When you and others say things like "...could have been apprehended without the use of deadly force...", or that you haven't heard of any officers killed in the line of duty presupposes a couple of things...

    1. When you say "likely could have been apprehended without deadly force" assumes that there was no danger to Wilson's well being. I would remind you that he was already attacked in his cruiser, and (according to some reports) was being approached again by an assailant that was significantly larger than him, and known to be aggressive, also was obviously ignoring orders by the officer to surrender. Wilson's first duty is to finish his shift alive.

    2. Others that have been shot while unarmed in Ferguson...What does any other case have to do with this one? Circumstances are all different. Even if you say that this makes two in three years, my goodness man, that's pretty low considering the area this is in.

    So, sorry JC, I don't think at this point we can rush to anything...If Wilson is proven to have murdered this man then the system will convict and he will, and should go to prison. And if, as I think, Wilson had no choice at the moment, then he will be exonerated of this.

    One thing is for sure, Wilson's life is ruined. His career, his financial life, his future are done. All because some punk wanted to use his size, and bravado to bully his way through life, tangled with a cop and lost.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #797
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    That my opinion that people have it wrong is an effect of the reactions I've seen to this case despite the known evidence. Wilson is presumed innocent, and also every eyewitness is presumed to be guilty, including Brown, or they have had words put in their mouth. It is a double standard in favor of law enforcement over the community they swear to, but don't always, protect.
    But we don't convict on "opinion".... Your's or anyone else's....It's all in who you want to believe at this point I guess....You are choosing to believe those that have an agenda to show the cop in grave error, and others like myself are giving a benefit of the doubt at this point to the officer. All of that matter not. The only thing that matters is the day that the jury renders it's final verdict.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #798
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    All I have done is explain the facts and known training, realities, etc about specific statements and comments made. (from witnesses, evidence, and people here.) I have not weighed in at all on my opinion on this particular incident and if you had read other threads on this event, you would have seen examples where I certainly did not show cops in a positive light.
    I didn't mean you personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    But we don't convict on "opinion".... Your's or anyone else's....It's all in who you want to believe at this point I guess....You are choosing to believe those that have an agenda to show the cop in grave error, and others like myself are giving a benefit of the doubt at this point to the officer. All of that matter not. The only thing that matters is the day that the jury renders it's final verdict.
    We are talking about the court of public opinion vs. a court of law. Of course Wilson gets his day in court. Michael Brown didn't, and that is a tragedy whether it is Darren Wilson's fault or not.

    And I don't think Tiffany Mitchell, Paiget Crenshaw, Michael Brady or Emanuel Freeman have an agenda. I'm sure Dorian Johnson has an "agenda" to not trust the cops and to protect himself and his dead friend from incrimination, but his story matches the other four when it comes down to what matters, whether he tried to surrender, so it isn't evidence to the contrary. I still don't understand what agenda the other four allegedly have.

    This will go on the back burner for a bit regardless.

  9. #799
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    And I don't think Tiffany Mitchell, Paiget Crenshaw, Michael Brady or Emanuel Freeman have an agenda. I'm sure Dorian Johnson has an "agenda" to not trust the cops and to protect himself and his dead friend from incrimination, but his story matches the other four when it comes down to what matters, whether he tried to surrender, so it isn't evidence to the contrary. I still don't understand what agenda the other four allegedly have.
    That's funny.
    But we will see.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #800
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,371

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732

    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •