Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #661
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Just what is "Wilson's account"? He never wrote a report or did an interview. Funny that you mentioned CNN ... that is where the "Josie" interview got national coverage and that is a recording that is being championed as "Wilson's account " although it has never been authenticated by anyone.
    When I did watch Fox news I got a story about Wilson being beaten so badly that his eye socket bone was "blown out". that has been subsequently de-bunked. I don't know of any CNN story that missed the accuracy mark by that much.
    At least six eye-witnesses whose accounts generally agree that Wilson shot this jaywalking thug while he was surrendering, pretty much disproves whatever we are calling Wilson's version of a justified homicide.
    Unless of course you are claiming that no witness account can be "right " unless it comes from a "white".
    Not making any racist accusations, but how else do you dismiss that many different people giving roughly the same eye-witness account of what they saw?
    I don't believe HufPo and WaPo are really the problem with ratcheting up racial tensions when all witness accounts are summarily dismissed by so many conservative outlets when the only common denominator they share is the completion of their skin..
    First off you were the one that was ready to accuse the officer of murder. How you can justify that before all the facts are made known is beyond my comprehension.
    Second, the media coverage of this event has been salacious to say the least because it is a white cop killing an unarmed black man.
    Third, statistics prove out that more blacks are killed by other blacks than anyone else.
    Fourth, there have been a number of reports over the last couple of years showing unjustified actions of some police. However, that doesn't automatically mean that Officer Wilson was acting as such. Jeesh. You keep this crap up and there will be no officer willing to patrol crappy neighborhoods in the furture in fear of being laid on the chopping block for doing their job! And considering most lay their lives on the line for a mere 38,000 to 45,000 a year who the hell could blame them!
    Fifth, let the evidence come forward before making judgments. The media wants to sell papers, add to their viewership etc. They aren't really interesting in the truth just what will make them money.

  2. #662
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You keep saying this, but I don't really believe you anymore, given previous encounters on the same point.
    Says the opne making the false claims.
    That is a problem with how you read and interpret things.
    Not my problem that you are wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Bullcrap! If he personally wasn't involved in any wrongdoing in a police department prior to his position at Ferguson then that equates to pure slander. Period.
    By "personally"...you really mean uniquely... and that is bullcrap.
    Wilson was personally part of a thug organization who were ALL fired for their "thuggish" and racist behaviors" and not being uniquely singled out for discipline, does not exonerate him for the offenses they were all disciplined for.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    this could potentially be a clever strategy
    throw out a third person trial balloon and see what kind of response it receives before issuing an official first person accounting of the event
    That is exactly how I saw it.
    There is no risk in putting out a complete story with full anonymity and no accounting for the sources. Just to test the waters.
    I expect to see several more versions of Wilson apologists scenarios before we get anything official.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-30-14 at 12:03 AM.

  5. #665
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Bullcrap! If he personally wasn't involved in any wrongdoing in a police department prior to his position at Ferguson then that equates to pure slander. Period.

    Some news organizations have gone as far as checking out his life as a minor and when he was a minor his mother was arrested for money scams. She didn't go to jail but was put on probation. But they have tried their damndist to soil his reputation with what his mother did when he was a minor. They are doing the same thing here by equating a police department that he previously worked for with problems even though he was never part of wrong doing but that hasn't stopped them from trying to paint him in a bad light. That is absurd and unjustified. At anytime any of us can find ourselves working for someone that does questionable things. Does that mean we were directly part of it? Hell no. Get a grip and while you are at it how about a dose of perspective.
    I think the point he's trying to make is that if the entire police department he was part of is/was in the wrong in some way, how can we fully trust any of it's members?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #666
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Says the opne making the false claims.
    That is a problem with how you read and interpret things.
    Not my problem that you are wrong.
    I have made no false claims, to my knowledge. If I have, please point them out.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #667
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    By "personally"...you really mean uniquely... and that is bullcrap.
    Wilson was personally part of a thug organization who were ALL fired for their "thuggish" and racist behaviors" and not being uniquely singled out for discipline, does not exonerate him for the offenses they were all disciplined for.
    And your response sir, is a prime example of the power of media to portray a person in a bad light. You don't know anything for certain that you just spewed, but by golly because it fits into what your mindset is, you will run with it. Thank goodness the justice system doesn't have your set of standards.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    First off you were the one that was ready to accuse the officer of murder. How you can justify that before all the facts are made known is beyond my comprehension.
    Second, the media coverage of this event has been salacious to say the least because it is a white cop killing an unarmed black man.
    Third, statistics prove out that more blacks are killed by other blacks than anyone else.
    Fourth, there have been a number of reports over the last couple of years showing unjustified actions of some police. However, that doesn't automatically mean that Officer Wilson was acting as such. Jeesh. You keep this crap up and there will be no officer willing to patrol crappy neighborhoods in the furture in fear of being laid on the chopping block for doing their job! And considering most lay their lives on the line for a mere 38,000 to 45,000 a year who the hell could blame them!
    Fifth, let the evidence come forward before making judgments. The media wants to sell papers, add to their viewership etc. They aren't really interesting in the truth just what will make them money.
    Maybe some diligence against the apathy that gives these cops free reign will give them pause to think about it before the beat the crap out of minor offenders or kill the next unarmed black kid.

  9. #669
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I think the point he's trying to make is that if the entire police department he was part of is/was in the wrong in some way, how can we fully trust any of it's members?
    Here's a thought, before trying to demean the character of the police officer, how about waiting for all the evidence to come out.

  10. #670
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And your response sir, is a prime example of the power of media to portray a person in a bad light. You don't know anything for certain that you just spewed, but by golly because it fits into what your mindset is, you will run with it. Thank goodness the justice system doesn't have your set of standards.
    You mean criminal justice system.

    There will be a civil suit.

Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •