Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #501
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    I need a nonconservative perspective, because I really am not trusting my own hearing at this point. Did you actually hear that being said, unmistakably, in the video?
    I don't know this man's political lean but here is another view.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gs6zbtxyw

  2. #502
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yay Obama won !!!

    Here comes four more years of mediocrity, climbing poverty rates, joblessness, welfare and corruption.
    Yay ! Dick Morris is a lying douche bag and he's gone!

  3. #503
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    Okay, I looked at the report. It looks like they have the same problem as a city I used to live in. The white officer to black officer percentage is hugely skewed in relation to the population. That is a problem in so many ways. I have a friend that is black and she retired from the Aurora PD. She was handed a KKK pamphlet once. It wasn't because they wanted to include her in their membership. It was a warning. She and her husband are like second parents to me. She is good people. They tried to hang her ass out in an undercover operation and she side stepped the sting. It saved her life. I can see where you are coming from but I am still going to wait to see how this shakes out. Like I said, I don't trust law enforcement just because they are law enforcement. Anyone that would do that is naive.

    As for Huffpo, I will read information from just about anywhere but HuffPo. We can agree to disagree on the HuffPo thing.
    It's probably not a stretch to believe that this is not the only political forum that I am a member of. When this story first broke, I was a HUGE proponent of the "wait and see" approach. I was even arguing with black posters about whether the black community's response was racist.

    The thing is though, that it's been weeks now, and all the eyewitnesses we know of either support each other's accounts in the material aspects or can't even be clearly heard (not even sure I would call it an account), the new audio evidence fits well with these accounts, we have a guy tweeting live as it was happening who's account is consistent with the other witnesses, law enforcement officials confirming a crucial part of the incident that all of the witnesses agree on...and we have a second hand version of Darren Wilson's account which completely leaves out the crucial part which all witnesses agree on and was confirmed by law enforcement officials, an inconsistent story from Ferguson PD with numerous corrections, a lone tweet that a dozen witnesses corroborate Wilson's story (and don't even get me started on what the heck that even means or the inherent impossibility of it, like somehow 12 witnesses plus Darren Wilson all have perfectly identical accounts), a history of corruption in every police organization that Darren Wilson has ever been a part of, and "Operation Blue Monday."

    So it's not a big leap to decide to lean a bit towards the conclusion that this was excessive force and that an officer acting prudently would have spared Brown's life.
    Last edited by JC_CT; 08-29-14 at 01:21 AM.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Rules ?

    You think it's appropriate or even a GOOD idea for Liberals link to sites like HuffPo or Media matters ?

    You think overt bias sells your ideas to people who dont share your core ideology ?

    Like I said, if you only want to preach to the choir there are better places for doing just that.
    When left leaning sites post original documents and sources (as in this case) I believe it furthers their credibility to ALL sides.
    The point of view of the reference site is far less important than the object that is being referenced.
    I have in the past been directed to Fux Snooze where I have read a piece of source material and if the source is legit I don't bellyache about the site it was on.
    Facts are facts no matter where you read them.

  5. #505
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,268
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    It's probably not a stretch to believe that this is not the only political forum that I am a member of. When this story first broke, I was a HUGE proponent of the "wait and see" approach. I was even arguing with black posters about whether the black community's response was racist.

    The thing is though, that it's been weeks now, and all the eyewitnesses we know of either support each other's accounts in the material aspects or can't even be clearly heard (not even sure I would call it an account), the new audio evidence matches fits well with these accounts, we have a guy tweeting live as it was happening who's account is consistent with the other witnesses, law enforcement officials confirming s crucial part of the incident that all of the witnesses agree on...and we have a second hand version of Darren Wilson's account which completely leaves out the crucial part which all witnesses agree on and was confirmed by law enforcement officials, an inconsistent story from Ferguson PD with numerous corrections, a lone tweet that a dozen witnesses corroborate Wilson's story (and don't even get me started on what the heck that even means or the inherent impossibility of it, like somehow 12 witnesses plus Darren Wilson all have perfectly identical accounts), a history of corruption in every police organization that Darren Wilson has ever been a part of, and "Operation Blue Monday."

    So it's not a big leap to decide to lean a bit towards the conclusion that this was excessive force and that an officer acting prudently would have spared Brown's life.
    I want to see what people say on the stand. So far the accounts that we are seeing contradict the "autopsy". I don't see any consistency yet.

    Things I want to see information about:
    Powder residue on the inside of the police car and Brown's clothing.
    Ballistics or information on the round that Wilson actually fired. If they release the kind of ammo he used I can do the ballistics.
    An autopsy from the coroner.
    Transcripts of the witnesses (I don't think Johnson is credible, too many holes and no, that is not a pun).
    A transcript of Wilson's testimony.

    Until then I will just try to suck up valid information and try not to say something stupid, which is real easy for me to do (say something stupid that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  6. #506
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    I don't know this man's political lean but here is another view.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gs6zbtxyw
    Well, I at least deciphered the first part in question with relatively high confidence.

    "He kept coming toward him"
    No.
    "He was like pissed off or something"
    Those are the words actually spoken.

  7. #507
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,268
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    It's probably not a stretch to believe that this is not the only political forum that I am a member of. When this story first broke, I was a HUGE proponent of the "wait and see" approach. I was even arguing with black posters about whether the black community's response was racist.

    The thing is though, that it's been weeks now, and all the eyewitnesses we know of either support each other's accounts in the material aspects or can't even be clearly heard (not even sure I would call it an account), the new audio evidence fits well with these accounts, we have a guy tweeting live as it was happening who's account is consistent with the other witnesses, law enforcement officials confirming a crucial part of the incident that all of the witnesses agree on...and we have a second hand version of Darren Wilson's account which completely leaves out the crucial part which all witnesses agree on and was confirmed by law enforcement officials, an inconsistent story from Ferguson PD with numerous corrections, a lone tweet that a dozen witnesses corroborate Wilson's story (and don't even get me started on what the heck that even means or the inherent impossibility of it, like somehow 12 witnesses plus Darren Wilson all have perfectly identical accounts), a history of corruption in every police organization that Darren Wilson has ever been a part of, and "Operation Blue Monday."

    So it's not a big leap to decide to lean a bit towards the conclusion that this was excessive force and that an officer acting prudently would have spared Brown's life.
    I forgot something in my last post. I think it is healthy to question everything. That is what we are doing. It is the only thing that keeps us on our toes. If we all agreed then we would all be wrong at least half of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  8. #508
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    I forgot something in my last post. I think it is healthy to question everything. That is what we are doing. It is the only thing that keeps us on our toes. If we all agreed then we would all be wrong at least half of the time.
    True.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,928

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They're on a girst name basis with Brown, know his family. It's concievable that they would lie to cover for a friend.
    Are you assuming the department and Wilson will all not lie/deny/suppress evidence on Wilson's behalf?

    I believe both sides will play to their own best interests...and am looking for as much physical evidence as possible to be released to try and verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #510
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are you assuming the department and Wilson will all not lie on Wilson's behalf?

    I believe both sides will play to their own best interests...and am looking for as much physical evidence as possible to be released to try and verify.
    I truly, honestly believe that you will end up disappointed if you are waiting for a smoking gun in this case.

Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •