Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #491
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Given his history? I'd take word of the shoplifter.
    Buck, are you going to the pig roast tomorrow? If so I will buy you a whiskey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  2. #492
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    Well, the AG is subject to scrutiny also. I am going to wait for some actual reports to come out. I don't trust law enforcement (on their face) and I don't trust........ Well, I don't trust anyone actually, except good friends and family.

    I have been blind sides by too many clients lying to me to believe anyone without the actual documentation. I don't put anything past anyone I guess.
    That's fine if you want to question the AG, I can't completely defend it because I didn't prepare the report, although I can call out hypocracy if it is evident that it is being dismissed due to the evidence it provides (not saying that is the case with you, don't know you well enough).

    However, dismissing it because HuffPo was willing to actually report on it is idiocy. The report is from the state attorney general, public record, and relevant to the context of the situation. Therefore, it shouldn't be hard to find some conservative but fair news outlets that have written about it, right? Fox?

  3. #493
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    That's fine if you want to question the AG, I can't completely defend it because I didn't prepare the report, although I can call out hypocracy if it is evident that it is being dismissed due to the evidence it provides (not saying that is the case with you, don't know you well enough).

    However, dismissing it because HuffPo was willing to actually report on it is idiocy. The report is from the state attorney general, public record, and relevant to the context of the situation. Therefore, it shouldn't be hard to find some conservative but fair news outlets that have written about it, right? Fox?
    Wait, I will read the report. I thought you meant the US AG. Holder has no credence. The problem with Huffpo is they spin and I hate spin, regardless what side it is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  4. #494
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    Wait, I will read the report. I thought you meant the US AG. Holder has no credence. The problem with Huffpo is they spin and I hate spin, regardless what side it is on.
    Everyone spins. HuffPo falls left of center for sure, and yes they generally do spin, but off a credible base.

  5. #495
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    He was not shot for jaywalking (although possible, not probable at all). That is hyperbole. In all likelihood, they were stopped the second time (which is pretty much even part of Johnson's story) because Wilson realized they fit the description of the robbery suspects that he either a) just got or b) simply didn't notice similarities til he went to drive away. Whether the robbery actually occurred or not would not change the fact that if he just got a report to be on the lookout for a couple of guys who reportedly robbed a store and he realized that these guys that he just talked to about walking in the street matched the description he had, then he very well likely would have backed up to detain them. The next likely step is that they resisted his detaining them. He then has cause to stop them, particularly if one of them punched him in the face. No clue if Brown also went for his gun. That too though would be another probable reason to consider Brown dangerous. You never reach for a police officer's gun. That gives them cause to shoot you, and it is normally enough to justify lethal force in an already hostile situation.
    If the officer thought MB was a robbery suspect then why didn't his story mention anything about a robbery or robbery suspects?

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh dear lord, your'e going to hurt yourself.

    No, " Normal " 18 year olds do NOT participate in strong armed robberies.

    No, he didn't " lose his temper " either. I mean, what the hell is wrong with you ?
    Are you seriously trying to say he got mad because the shop owner DARE ask him NOT to steal his merchandise ????

    Are you being " sarcastic ", because that was not a example of someone " losing their temper ".

    That was an example of a thug bullying a Clerk while committing a strong arm robbery.

    I can hear it now.

    Had Brown not been shot and instead was arrested for this crime, his lawyer would simply explain to the nice Judge and Jury " My Client is a NORMAL 18 who just lost his temper."

    " Oh well then by all means, Balliff remove the cuffs. "

    Ridiculous.
    Given Brown's total lack of priors he would most likely be set free on probation.

  7. #497
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    And let's please not pretend like the NYT didn't report on August 19 that law enforcement officials confirmed that Wilson fired his weapon as Brown was running away from him but all of the shots missed, and that nobody has even refuted that law enforcement provided that information, let alone it's accuracy.

    And yet, how many posts in this particular thread alone, which was started on August 26, make the assertion that all shots were fired towards Brown's front?

  8. #498
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Everyone spins. HuffPo falls left of center for sure, and yes they generally do spin, but off a credible base.
    Okay, I looked at the report. It looks like they have the same problem as a city I used to live in. The white officer to black officer percentage is hugely skewed in relation to the population. That is a problem in so many ways. I have a friend that is black and she retired from the Aurora PD. She was handed a KKK pamphlet once. It wasn't because they wanted to include her in their membership. It was a warning. She and her husband are like second parents to me. She is good people. They tried to hang her ass out in an undercover operation and she side stepped the sting. It saved her life. I can see where you are coming from but I am still going to wait to see how this shakes out. Like I said, I don't trust law enforcement just because they are law enforcement. Anyone that would do that is naive.

    As for Huffpo, I will read information from just about anywhere but HuffPo. We can agree to disagree on the HuffPo thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh but I disagree.

    He's stupid/crazy enough to throw his life away by commuting a Felony strong arm robbery on VIDEO and attack an officer and attempt to wrestle away his Pistol . ( You left the bolded part out for some reason.......)
    Allegedly.

  10. #500
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,299
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    I haven't had a cigarette in 14 days and all you folks are making me cranky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •