Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #441
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    yeah, that could be it.

    or it could be that a robbery suspect who just assaulted a police officer who ends up shot and killed doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, especially when all the shots were in front. You have to have impeachable evidence to fight that narrative pal, not a couple of eyewitnesses. However since we all see the huge rift between the black citizens of Ferguson and the police, it's safe to assume any eyewitness account would be heavily biased toward the victim.

    it's called rational thinking. try it some time.
    Let me give this rational thinking you speak of a try:

    So we have a police department that has lost the trust of the community because it has a documented history of abuse of authority, excessive force, and blatent displays of disrespect (I'll repost the links to those below), and additionally, exhibits a statistically-evident bias towards blacks when conducting traffic stops ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5694364.html). Based on the above context, the appropriate conclusion to reach is that THE COMMUNITY can't be trusted?

    How did I do?


  2. #442
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Again, I'm sure you haven't bothered to watch the new video, because the old one served your purpose. So let's just get these issues out of the way, so we can stop fighting straw men:

    No, my point is not that the clerk didn't have a right to defend his merchandise.
    No, my point is not that it is ok to steal.
    No, my point is not that all 18 year olds commit strong-armed robbery, although I'm sure a relatively significant percentage of young adults have committed petty theft in their lives and were just never caught or got off with a slap on the wrist and having to give back the merchandise (this is anecdotal, but I used to see it literally every day when I was working at a major grocery chain in high school).

    My point is that you do not see Brown exhibit behavior that indicates that he is the right combination of violent, crazy and stupid to run head first at a man who is pointing his gun at him and has already shot at him, unless you REALLY want to believe that is what happened. Then I suppose you can see anything you want to see...like a man so hopped up on drugs that he would take every bullet you send ripping through his flesh and would continue charging you without hesitation or regard for his own well being until only a bullet through the top of his skull can put him down, for example.

    I didn't see any indication whatsoever that he was under the influence of those kind of drugs in the new video, either.
    Oh but I disagree.

    He's stupid/crazy enough to throw his life away by commuting a Felony strong arm robbery on VIDEO and attack an officer and attempt to wrestle away his Pistol . ( You left the bolded part out for some reason.......)
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yup, I get that. But weren't we taking about Parcells?
    There won't be any taking apart Parcells on the stand because he won't be there.

  4. #444
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh but I disagree.

    He's stupid/crazy enough to throw his life away by commuting a Felony strong arm robbery on VIDEO and attack an officer and attempt to wrestle away his Pistol . ( You left the bolded part out for some reason.......)
    Because the only evidence we have of that is the Officer's account? See my last post above, and stop ignoring the fact that every department that Wilson has been a part of has been corrupt. Or is the argument now that he is the one person in America that is completely immune to organizational culture?

  5. #445
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Let me give this rational thinking you speak of a try:

    So we have a police department that has lost the trust of the community because it has a documented history of abuse of authority, excessive force, and blatent displays of disrespect (I'll repost the links to those below), and additionally, exhibits a statistically-evident bias towards blacks when conducting traffic stops ( 21 Numbers That Will Help You Understand Why Ferguson Is About More Than Michael Brown). Based on the above context, the appropriate conclusion to reach is that THE COMMUNITY can't be trusted?

    How did I do?

    You DO realize Huff Po is a highly biased liberal " news-site " don't you ? Or do you not care about linking to objective resources ?

    Because if that's all your going to do you could just drop that pretense and camp out at The Democrat Underground, where they don't allow counter arguments, or intelligent debate, or intelligence at all for that matter.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Look. didn't the eye witness say Brown was shot in the back. He didn't say shot from behind. Also, show me where I am misinformed. What has been released by the medical examers is all entry wounds were from the front and not the back.

    Like I said. Witness testimony must be backed up with other evidence.

    Unless you have interviewed the witness, your explanation is opinon.

    Wait for the investigation report to come out.

    (your example reminds me of stuff on the CT sites where a witness said they heard an explosion in a building fire. To the CT people explosions = explosives).
    BACK of the arm fits.

  7. #447
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You DO realize Huff Po is a highly biased liberal " news-site " don't you ? Or do you not care about linking to objective resources ?

    Because if that's all your going to do you could just drop that pretense and camp out at The Democrat Underground, where they don't allow counter arguments, or intelligent debate, or intelligence at all for that matter.
    You are really suffering from that "no click" syndrome that is going around. The HuffPo article I just added directly linked to the PDF file of the 2013 racial profiling report prepared by the MO attorney general.

    And you are questioning my objectivity?

  8. #448
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    So let me make sure I understand this correctly. You are basing your claim on:
    1. A hypothetical situation that there is a plethora of witnesses in support of Wilson's version for which the only evidence whatsoever is a single rogue tweet by a reporter who has been on FMLA for six months.
    2. Three eyewitnesses that we know actually exist and who all give similar accounts that directly contradict your assertion.
    3. The transcript of the "game changer" video which doesn't actually match the what was said in the video, specifically the line "but he kept coming toward him" which was never said but to which you have taken the liberty of adding "or running."

    Does that about cover it?
    Actually no, I merely answered your question and you grabbed on to some irrelevant information I posted with 1 and 2 as I knew you would.

    I only was interested in the very last line in which I directed my comment.

    You didn't listen the video to the end, try again particularly at the 35 mark "but he kept coming toward him" which was said

    I switched out the video to a shorten version as I didn't really want to post the ugly whole thing, forgot to delete the last line of text. I did not take the liberty of adding anything.
    Go here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEoNbJYMsE advance to the 7:40 mark

    witness says - The next thing I know Im thinking the dude started running (garbled something about he took it from him)

    The reason why this is important because if Mike Brown had been shot, and he moved towards Wilson instead of surrendering, it would support the narrative that Wilson shot in self-defense due to the fact that he was being threatened with severe bodily harm.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Because the only evidence we have of that is the Officer's account? See my last post above, and stop ignoring the fact that every department that Wilson has been a part of has been corrupt. Or is the argument now that he is the one person in America that is completely immune to organizational culture?
    Lol...

    Yes, the Officer bumped his noggin on the side view mirror so hard ( when he bolted out of the cruiser blasting away at two innocent " children " ) that he fractured his orbital socket....

    NO ONE believes Johnsons lies anymore ( the door was accidentally kicked close )

    Brown had just assaulted a small Clerk, so I'm going to assume ( Ill be proven right of-course ) that Brown attacked the officer and attempted to wrestle away his pistol
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  10. #450
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    By Holly Yan, CNN
    updated 12:36 AM EDT, Tue August 26, 2014


    [...]

    In the recording, a quick series of shots can be heard, followed by a pause and then another quick succession of shots.

    "I personally heard at least 11" shots, the man's attorney, Lopa Blumenthal, told CNN's Don Lemon.

    The man, who asked that his identity not be revealed, lives near the site of the shooting and was close enough to have heard the gunshots, Blumenthal said.

    He was speaking to a friend on a video chat service and happened to be recording the conversation at the same time Brown was shot, Blumenthal said.

    [...]
    Lawyer: Audio shows 11 shots when Michael Brown killed - CNN.com


    11 Shots in 5 seconds.
    Short pause between 6 and the other five. Likely Brown was still coming at him.
    Just more evidence.
    The only thing this MIGHT prove ("might" because I don't think an attorney counts as expert gunshot listener or whatever, for all I know they were echos or something) is that there were 11 gunshots.

    That is all.

    It does not have any information about the locations or activity of anyone in the area, unless you're talking some high-tech acoustical analysis or some crap like you might see on one of those investigative TV shows and the like.

    So while you may take this info as proving your opinion on the subject, someone else could (and has, in the thread, already) taken it as proving the opposite.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •