Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #231
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    You do realize that the way you typed that shows us that you think the cop is guilty until proven innocent. We see the fiber of your fabric..

    But yes, the Mob must have it's Circus I suppose...
    An indictment isn't a conviction. The standard for an in indictment is much lower than that for a conviction.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #232
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you know how many of the first 130 persons exonerated by DNA were convicted because of eyewitness testimony in the first place? 80 percent. You can look it up on Google. 80 percent, and all of them convicted because of bad eyewitness testimony, and in most of those cases, testimony by multiple eyewitnesses.
    great point. the people defending this guy are putting all their eggs into the "eyewitnesses say" basket. However if this had been a black person being shot in a white neighborhood his defenders would say "we can't believe a thing the eyewitnesses say", but in this situation they accept the eyewitness testimony as GOLD. funny, but also sad.

  3. #233
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    An indictment isn't a conviction. The standard for an in indictment is much lower than that for a conviction.
    This has nothing to do with the assumption of guilt. The assumption is suppose to be innocent, until proven guilty. The poster to whom I addressed had that reversed.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the assumption of guilt. The assumption is suppose to be innocent, until proven guilty. The poster to whom I addressed had that reversed.
    Agreed. Was only pointing out that they justbubba as a practical matter is probably right as far as an indictment goes. If there's any question at all as to his guilt he'll be indicted, especially given the political nature of the thing. Not saying that's right - it's just reality.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  5. #235
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,882

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I honestly would love to believe that you're right about the spray and pray part. Though understand I'm not saying that any of this is willful. I was more thinking a scared guy resorting to overkill.

    And I'm astounded that the hit rate is so low. Maybe it means they need more rounds. Maybe it means different training. I don't know.
    It's difficult to produce realistic stress in training situations. So people should be aware....civilian shooters as well....that they are not going to be reacting the way they do on the range. Not even close. Motor skills, timing, visual perception....all are affected, often drastically.

    There are many claims that some police depts do not require enough firearm training. It's probably hard...the public complains about deadly force, so the cops look for alternative methods....and then have even less $ or time to invest in firearm training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You fire until the threat is down. Period.
    So if you are in a fire fight and the opponent surrenders his weapon and waves a white flag and comes out with his hands up ...
    You would still drop him?

    Oh ...period? ....
    Got it...

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL


    Worthless witnesses are worthless.
    There has been no credible witness that said Brown was surrendering.
    What we do know though from a spontaneous, unscripted, uncoached and unrehearsed witness is that Brown was running towards the Officer, while the Officer was shooting at him. He was surprised as he thought the Officer was missing.




    No one said they were there to determine guilt, so why are you bringing up irrelevancy?
    And you really shouldn't speak about things you know not.
    A GJ is looking for sufficient evidence to indict. Not doubt.


    :
    The only burden is one of reasonable doubt in a Grand Jury.
    ...And they only need a simple majority to agree that there is.

  8. #238
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Or just as likely that he was lying on the ground with blood seeping out of multiple bullet wounds, eh?

    How can anyone really know if they weren't an eyewitness?
    Because all the eyewitness accounts tell it didn't happen that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you know how many of the first 130 persons exonerated by DNA were convicted because of eyewitness testimony in the first place? 80 percent. You can look it up on Google. 80 percent, and all of them convicted because of bad eyewitness testimony, and in most of those cases, testimony by multiple eyewitnesses.

    This has been a huge issue in the court system that has been studied, documented and analyzed for the last 20 year. Eyewitness testimony, for a number of reasons, doesn't hold up in court the way it once did - for or against the person accused. It's like trace evidence. It can be contaminated. Our memories fade over time. And it isn't scientific.
    Those were almost all cases of mistaken identity by one person.
    We know the identity of all the primary people in this case.
    The case hinges on what witnesses saw happen ...not who.
    Four agree on what that was and the hard evidence backs them up.

    You should note that the testimony of someone accused of murder is far less reliable than witnesses.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-27-14 at 08:06 PM.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the assumption of guilt. The assumption is suppose to be innocent, until proven guilty. The poster to whom I addressed had that reversed.
    Think about what you just implied... If everyone had to presume the innocence of an accused defendant NO witness could ever testify that they thought they were guilty of anything.

    The principle is that the accused must be; "presumed innocent in the eyes of the law until proven guilty". The law must presume innocence ...a poster on an internet site offering their opinion has no such legal constraint ... just like a witness .
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-27-14 at 08:20 PM.

Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •