Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #211
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    This is my favorite post in this thread. Multiple likes.
    Odd. As some things can mostly be assumed to be true.
    Like it is highly unlikely that his lawyer is lying about him being interviewed by the FBI. Which would also mean that the recording was presented as it was in the article.
    Just as it is highly unlikely that some one will lie about something that can easily be disproved. Which also goes to whether it was fabricated.


    So you can pretty much be guaranteed that what we have been informed about is evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #212
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Was he interviewed as part of the canvasing on the immediate neighborhood or because he approached the FBI with this audio?
    I don't believe the article included such info.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #213
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wow... so eyewitnesses are no longer credible? Seriously, you're so far from reality on this, it's sad.
    1.) Eyewitnesses do lack credibility in general.
    The eyewitnesses that support Brown in this case lack credibility because they are lying.
    You not being able to see that is what is sad.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #214
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Excon already made up his mind. Anything that contradicts what he thinks is "nonsense." Any evidence that comes out means he was definitely right.
    You are again speaking absurd nonsense.
    I go by the known credible evidnece in toto.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #215
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Behind barriers, left handed, right handed, against moving target. And yes it's hard. Many times so when under real pressure I'd imagine - and no I've never been in that situation with firearm.

    I said as much in post didn't I? I'm simply saying that all those missed shots represent a real risk to innocent people. Not the potential risk that an escaping person might represent or the non risk that Brown represented.

    And yeah the though had crossed my mind that the fact that cops are armed with semi autos with high capacity magazines might have something to do with it. When they were typically armed .38 revolvers I don't think situations like Brown's where a dozen shots were fired
    were as common but I might be wrong about that.

    And I'm not saying we should take away the autos either. Just recognize that you may be trading innocent people's safety for cops' safety
    and given that cops voluntarily take on the risks of their jobs - such as they are being a cop is pretty safe occupation - I'm not sure that's a fair tradeoff.
    What's the issue with Brown's shooting and number of rounds? It seems obvious that 6 shots were barely enough...and not enough if the first 6 didnt hit (which they didnt).

    And no bystanders were injured...so what's with the BS here? Number of rounds carried has nothing to do with this case, except for the fact that more than 6 *may have* saved the cop's life. (We dont know that yet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Moot you should have learned the evidence before posting.
    No credible witness says shots were fired in the vehicle.
    A witness says the firearm discharged in the vehicle. One shot.
    The police Chief revealed there was one discharge in the vehicle. One shot.
    Okay, so we know that at least one shot was fired inside the car and missed. But according to the audio the first six shots were fired consecutively which suggests that the first six shots were fired from inside the car and some of them likely hit MB causing him to back away from the car with his hands up in a defensive mode.

  7. #217
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are again speaking absurd nonsense.
    I go by the known credible evidnece in toto.
    This new evidence does not, as you claim, particularly back up anything. We don't know what the situation was wherein the office fired more shots. Your assertion that it's "likely Brown was still coming after him" is speculation on your part. Even the audio expert in the source video says that it "tests the credibility of the officer" not that it backs him up.

    You hear what you want, and claim what you think it means based on your own preconceived version of events. The pause doesn't, in fact, prove a thing. It's an audio recording that may show that the officer fired more shots than he said he did. That's a far cry from definitely backing up what he said.
    Last edited by rocket88; 08-27-14 at 03:04 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,457

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What's the issue with Brown's shooting and number of rounds? It seems obvious that 6 shots were barely enough...and not enough if the first 6 didnt hit (which they didnt).

    And no bystanders were injured...so what's with the BS here? Number of rounds carried has nothing to do with this case, except for the fact that more than 6 *may have* saved the cop's life. (We dont know that yet.)
    I'm not really commenting on Brown. I'm making a more general statement.

    And even with that I'm simply speculating that if the extra rounds are in the magazine they're going to get used. That was speculation on my part and I stated as much.

    I tried to find stats on how many times bystanders get hit by police and wasn't able to find anything other than statements like "it's uncommon but it happens." I did find a study that the Rand Corporation did on the NYPD that found that officers hit the target on 18% of the time when the bad guy fired back and 30% of the time when they didn't. Considering the population density around here that really isn't all that comforting.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  9. #219
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wow... so eyewitnesses are no longer credible? Seriously, you're so far from reality on this, it's sad.
    Do you know how many people were convicted through the years because of eyewitness testimony only to be exonerated later through DNA?

    And do you know how easy it is to influence the mind into thinking it saw something it didn't?

  10. #220
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you know how many people were convicted through the years because of eyewitness testimony only to be exonerated later through DNA?

    And do you know how easy it is to influence the mind into thinking it saw something it didn't?
    Yep. I also know that multiple eyewitnesses that report almost identical stories is extraordinarily compelling, and regarded very highly in the court of law.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •