Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 926

Thread: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    You fire until the threat is down. Period.

  2. #202
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Actually they aren't. Eyewitnesses are notoriously unreliable, especially when being exposed to something - like a shooting - for the first time.
    That is crazy! There is no such thing as witness intimidation! Everyone always says exactly what they saw even when the mob is rioting, burning and pilaging their neighborhood based on a contrary narrative.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That is crazy! There is no such thing as witness intimidation! Everyone always says exactly what they saw even when the mob is rioting, burning and pilaging their neighborhood based on a contrary narrative.
    I'm not even talking about people lying or being intimidated. In the aviation world there has been significant amounts of research into problems with eyewitness reports. Turns out people who've never seen a plane crash in real life and only have TV and movie depictions of plane crashes as a frame of reference often see things like fires when there is no physical of pre crash evidence of a fire because movies often show planes on fire before they crash. Their minds simply fill in stuff that wasn't there because their recollections are flawed and they would have expected to see a fire.

    It's not any kind of a stretch to believe that someone can witness something and get it completely wrong because their life experience tells them that that's what should have happened. They aren't lying - they truly believe what they say - but they're wrong.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  4. #204
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    By Holly Yan, CNN
    updated 12:36 AM EDT, Tue August 26, 2014


    [...]

    In the recording, a quick series of shots can be heard, followed by a pause and then another quick succession of shots.

    "I personally heard at least 11" shots, the man's attorney, Lopa Blumenthal, told CNN's Don Lemon.

    The man, who asked that his identity not be revealed, lives near the site of the shooting and was close enough to have heard the gunshots, Blumenthal said.

    He was speaking to a friend on a video chat service and happened to be recording the conversation at the same time Brown was shot, Blumenthal said.

    [...]
    Lawyer: Audio shows 11 shots when Michael Brown killed - CNN.com


    11 Shots in 5 seconds.
    Short pause between 6 and the other five. Likely Brown was still coming at him.
    Just more evidence.
    You know - every time the media wants to complain about what the president did during a press conference and how he's so 'absent' or 'taking sides too early' and so-n-so make me laugh when they put advertisements on the beginning of these type of videos for crap like Auto Insurance.

    Anyway - This supports a gripe I made the other day that for how supposedly violent Ferguson is the cops sure as hell don't have proper equipment like dash cams. If they did then there'd be less question as to what happened. *rollseyes*
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #205
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    All the Grand Jury needs to recommend an indictment is to have some doubt that this homicide wasn't justified .
    iLOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The mere fact that there are 4 witnesses that say they saw Wilson shot a surrendering man presents doubt.
    Worthless witnesses are worthless.
    There has been no credible witness that said Brown was surrendering.
    What we do know though from a spontaneous, unscripted, uncoached and unrehearsed witness is that Brown was running towards the Officer, while the Officer was shooting at him. He was surprised as he thought the Officer was missing.




    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The GJ isn't there to determine guilt or how many shots, or who is lying ... all they are looking for is doubt.
    No one said they were there to determine guilt, so why are you bringing up irrelevancy?
    And you really shouldn't speak about things you know not.
    A GJ is looking for sufficient evidence to indict. Not doubt.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    This case is going to trial.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #206
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    A witness said shots were fired while the officer was still in the patrol car. The pause after the first six shots could have been Wilson getting out of the car.


    One of the witnesses said it looked like the cop tried to hit MB with the patrol car door after he tried to cut him off. But was the cop deliberately trying to hit MB with the car door or was MB blocking the door and preventing the cop from getting out of the car?

    Shots were fired while the cop was still in the car and since the autopsy shows that six bullets hit MB then it's highly likely that at least a few of those bullets hit him (in the hand and arm?) causing him to back away from the car door which then allowed Wilson to finally get out and proceed to fire four more shots one of which was the fatal bullet to the head. I dunno, it makes more sense that MB would have been backing away from a cop firing a gun at him from inside a patrol car rather than waiting to charge him after he got out of the car.

    Moot you should have learned the evidence before posting.
    No credible witness says shots were fired in the vehicle.
    A witness says the firearm discharged in the vehicle. One shot.
    The police Chief revealed there was one discharge in the vehicle. One shot.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #207
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Like that ridiculously slanted audio tape you presented as "proof" that Brown was running towards Wilson.
    This is your failure to understand.
    Ridiculously slanted? It is a spontaneous, unscripted, uncoached, unrehearsed and unreserved witness telling what he saw.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The perceived number of gunshots on that recording is a perfect example of how people's perception gets skewed when they are told in text what to hear before they really listen.
    No it is not.
    It was the article that skewed perceptions.
    Perceptions that really don't matter one bit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The quality of that recording was so poor and there was so much distracting background noise and yelling that if you played that for ten people with no text overlay you would get ten different interpretations of what was said.
    Really, quit bellyaching.
    Most folks could care less about the exact number of repetitive shots that close together. Why should they take the time to figure out exactly how many, when 1.) the article already provided a number and 2.) it really doesn't matter?
    You are crying over nothing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #208
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I'm never had a headphones setup that didn't play the mic pickup back in my headphones.
    If you say so.
    He was already interview by the FBI before his attorney revealed what he recorded.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #209
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot[W:72,732]

    New audio reveals ..... the officer tried not to fatally injure the young man.
    From the ashes.

  10. #210
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown was shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If you say so.
    He was already interview by the FBI before his attorney revealed what he recorded.
    Was he interviewed as part of the canvasing on the immediate neighborhood or because he approached the FBI with this audio?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •