Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 192

Thread: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

  1. #1
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.
    (Racial tension was endemic in Jennings, said Rodney Epps, an African American city council member.
    Police faced a series of lawsuits for using unnecessary force
    “There was a disconnect between the community and the police department. There were just too many instances of police tactics which put the credibility of the police department in jeopardy. Complaints against officers.)

    Wilson got a job in the police department in the nearby city of Ferguson.

    People who know him describe him as someone who grew up in a home marked by multiple divorces and tangles with the law. His mother died when he was in high school. ( I read in a different article that she was a con-woman who killed herself) A friend said a career in law enforcement offered him structure in what had been a chaotic life.

    Wilson has had some recent personal turmoil: Last year, he petitioned the court seeking a divorce from his wife, Ashley Nicole Wilson, and they formally split in November, records show

    when Wilson was a freshman in high school, his mother pleaded guilty to forgery and stealing. She was sentenced to five years in prison, although records suggest the court agreed to let her serve her sentence on probation.

    Darren Wilson

    So why wasn't this story released like the story was suppose to be so incriminating and telling about MBs "character"? What does this tell you about officer Wilson?

    Frankly, I'm just as appalled by the release of this kind of information about this officer as I am by the blatant attempts at manipulating the narrative by the release of personal information about MB. Can we all agree to ignore this kind of crap?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.
    (Racial tension was endemic in Jennings, said Rodney Epps, an African American city council member.
    Police faced a series of lawsuits for using unnecessary force
    “There was a disconnect between the community and the police department. There were just too many instances of police tactics which put the credibility of the police department in jeopardy. Complaints against officers.)

    Wilson got a job in the police department in the nearby city of Ferguson.

    People who know him describe him as someone who grew up in a home marked by multiple divorces and tangles with the law. His mother died when he was in high school. ( I read in a different article that she was a con-woman who killed herself) A friend said a career in law enforcement offered him structure in what had been a chaotic life.

    Wilson has had some recent personal turmoil: Last year, he petitioned the court seeking a divorce from his wife, Ashley Nicole Wilson, and they formally split in November, records show

    when Wilson was a freshman in high school, his mother pleaded guilty to forgery and stealing. She was sentenced to five years in prison, although records suggest the court agreed to let her serve her sentence on probation.

    Darren Wilson

    So why wasn't this story released like the story was suppose to be so incriminating and telling about MBs "character"? What does this tell you about officer Wilson?

    Frankly, I'm just as appalled by the release of this kind of information about this officer as I am by the blatant attempts at manipulating the narrative by the release of personal information about MB. Can we all agree to ignore this kind of crap?
    Personally, I would have preferred such; but apparently you did not.. and I read it...

    My misfortune it seems

    Thom Paine
    Remember, on the other side of that screen is a real person. ( Missouri Mule )

  3. #3
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,317

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Somehow, liberals think that showing someone actually committing a crime a few weeks ago is "character assassination" but talking about someone's dead mother isn't.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,880

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Smear job.

  5. #5
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Smear job.
    There all smear jobs. How can you not see that?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #6
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    My misfortune it seems
    Hah, I'm gonna use that.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,880

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    There all smear jobs. How can you not see that?
    We aren't talking about "all" here; we're talking about one, and I can't believe you posted it. Your disseminating such scurrilous stuff (his parents and his divorce especially) makes you part of the problem.

    Two wrongs or all wrongs are never going to make a right.

  8. #8
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    We aren't talking about "all" here; we're talking about one, and I can't believe you posted it. Your disseminating such scurrilous stuff (his parents and his divorce especially) makes you part of the problem.

    Two wrongs or all wrongs are never going to make a right.
    You have c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y missed my point
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #9
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Somehow, liberals think that showing someone actually committing a crime a few weeks ago is "character assassination" but talking about someone's dead mother isn't.
    not the point. it is ALL irrelevant.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Darren Wilsonís first job was on a troubled police force disbanded by authorities

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    The small city of Jennings, Mo., had a police department so troubled, and with so much tension between white officers and black residents, that the city council finally decided to disband it. Everyone in the Jennings police department was fired. New officers were brought in to create a credible department from scratch.
    (Racial tension was endemic in Jennings, said Rodney Epps, an African American city council member.
    Police faced a series of lawsuits for using unnecessary force
    “There was a disconnect between the community and the police department. There were just too many instances of police tactics which put the credibility of the police department in jeopardy. Complaints against officers.)

    Wilson got a job in the police department in the nearby city of Ferguson.

    People who know him describe him as someone who grew up in a home marked by multiple divorces and tangles with the law. His mother died when he was in high school. ( I read in a different article that she was a con-woman who killed herself) A friend said a career in law enforcement offered him structure in what had been a chaotic life.

    Wilson has had some recent personal turmoil: Last year, he petitioned the court seeking a divorce from his wife, Ashley Nicole Wilson, and they formally split in November, records show

    when Wilson was a freshman in high school, his mother pleaded guilty to forgery and stealing. She was sentenced to five years in prison, although records suggest the court agreed to let her serve her sentence on probation.

    Darren Wilson

    So why wasn't this story released like the story was suppose to be so incriminating and telling about MBs "character"? What does this tell you about officer Wilson?

    Frankly, I'm just as appalled by the release of this kind of information about this officer as I am by the blatant attempts at manipulating the narrative by the release of personal information about MB. Can we all agree to ignore this kind of crap?
    You can try to ignore personal information. Problem is that the story is very likely intrinsically intertwined with that information and the outcome influenced by the personal history of the players.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •