Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

  1. #61
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That is the problem Deuce, you are in the group that will deny what they say they believe is what they believe until you have no choice.. and then maybe a few days more. These are the Hadiths that Shi'ite Imams of Iran preach. By your argument Iran would have no reason to fund terrorism all over the world... but it does. How does Iran's funding of international terrorism fit in your mypoic view of what Iran actually believes?

    You say no nation stands to gain anything by attacking the US, but that is only after you pretend that the rest of the suicide cultists don't exist and that suicide in the name of Allah isn't actually a thing.

    People are dying and murdering for the very "comic book" beliefs you have been shown and choose to ignore.
    Now you've jumped the goalposts from a state actor developing nukes to terrorist groups. Supplying a nuke to a terrorist groups is an extreme risk for any nation to take. If the weapon gets traced back to you, it's over. The entire planet is going to make sure you are obliterated. Nuclear weapons are easier to trace than you'd think. The materials can be traced to specific plants, even specific reactors.

    So, if a terror cell manages to develop a nuke on their own, I would be greatly concerned. But such groups lack the resources to do something like that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #62
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Now you've jumped the goalposts from a state actor developing nukes to terrorist groups. Supplying a nuke to a terrorist groups is an extreme risk for any nation to take. If the weapon gets traced back to you, it's over. The entire planet is going to make sure you are obliterated. Nuclear weapons are easier to trace than you'd think. The materials can be traced to specific plants, even specific reactors.

    So, if a terror cell manages to develop a nuke on their own, I would be greatly concerned. But such groups lack the resources to do something like that.
    I have never stated that Iran would give a nuke to a terrorist group. The rest of your argument falls apart from there.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh yeah, that bull**** again. Well guess what. The sun is setting on US imperialism and hegemony. There's too many pushing back on it.
    The US is committing suicide because there are too many Montecresto's in the country preaching about how much the country deserves it based on some pamphlet they read from one the nations ample socialist lice farms. It is the fate of all great civilizations. In our wake will be death and famine and strife because none of our successors want the job of world police as much as they want the job of world dictator.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Some wound up right winger might slam on his breaks in front of me. Accidents happen everyday and are a very REAL concern. Stop being frightened over Iran.
    Just because other threats exist does not mean this is not also a threat. Your thoughts should be based on logic rather than emotion.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Just because other threats exist does not mean this is not also a threat. Your thoughts should be based on logic rather than emotion.
    Fearful as you are of non existing threats, it would appear that you are the emotional one.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Fearful as you are of non existing threats, it would appear that you are the emotional one.
    Im like fozie, your accusations have been discredited.

  7. #67
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yep! You got one right CJ, although you forgot Bush, he used it for assassinations outside the battle field as well, albeit not on the scale that Obama has.
    I don't believe Bush used drones for assassinations but I'll be willing to review your documented proof of such and be proven wrong. The drone program was new and just past the experimental stage during the Bush Presidency and if I'm not mistaken he only used them in Afghanistan and into the bordering mountain ranges with Pakistan where the Taliban and al Quida fled - and I believe he only did so with the Pakistani military knowledgeable - all part of the arena of war, which I consider its proper use. It's why Obama made a big deal, during the 2008 election campaign, of his support for expanding drone use, particularly mentioning bin Laden, and not needing the approval of allies and others to send drones into their sovereign territory.
    Last edited by CanadaJohn; 08-26-14 at 06:11 AM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #68
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Don't you think countries have a right to self defence or influence in their regions?
    Nations/people, yes. Dictators, no.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What do we wait for? An American city, or maybe Jerusalem to have a mushroom cloud over it?
    Do you somehow think it's completely appropriate and reasonable (morally and ethically) for the USofA to constantly upgrade and improve it's ability to kill people, yet insist that other countries sit back and do nothing????

    Who used drones first? Who uses drones? Why are drones used?

    Why on earth would you NOT expect other countries to understand the advantage drones provide and therefore seek to have their own?


    And since when is having a weapon grounds for war?

    If that's the case, surely other countries are justified in attacking the USofA.
    We're pretty much the leaders in advancing the technology of killing people.

    This whole "we can have it and use it, but if anybody else tries the same thing it's grounds for war" mentality is truly mind-boggling.

    For example: Experimental U.S. hypersonic weapon destroyed seconds after launch
    The weapon is part of a program to create a missile that will destroy targets anywhere on Earth within an hour of getting data and permission to launch.
    Does that mean Russia has a justifiable reason to attack us? Or China?

    I guess it's only "evil" if somebody else does it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •