Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 69

Thread: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

  1. #51
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What do we wait for? An American city, or maybe Jerusalem to have a mushroom cloud over it?
    Oh don't start that **** again. God your always so frightened!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #52
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    No sane person would look at Obama's use of drone technology to conduct assassinations throughout the middle east and expect that those in the middle east wouldn't look to acquire that same technology and potentially use it against US interests. The drone was designed as an instrument of war and should have been left in that arena. You often reap what you sow, and America may rue the time they let their President abuse this technology without any level of serious concern.
    Yep! You got one right CJ, although you forgot Bush, he used it for assassinations outside the battle field as well, albeit not on the scale that Obama has.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #53
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, first, I have made no argument about the numbers of terrorists in the US. I only said it was exploitable. 9/11 was 5 years in the making and our security back then was terrible. We've also fought our own proxy wars since 9/11 that have, until recently, kept the Islamic radicals on their heels. But once Iran has a nuclear threat -- primarily as a defense against invasion than as an attack on US soil -- it's military conquest of the ME will begin. It would be hard to combat Iran at that point because any base we try to establish to counter their advances would be an immediate target for nuclear attack. Iran is playing the long game.

    ISIS would be a more immediate threat for terrorist attacks in the US because they WANT a war with the US. They are in a state of war with the US right now. What they expect from this war is for the US to back down and give them more standing in the region and in the world of radical Islam. They need us to back down in order to get radical groups like Boko Haram, Al Qaeda and Hamas to join their struggle.

    If the US doesn't meet the challenge with extreme military action to crush ISIS then we will see their cancer metastasize across the globe.
    Lets keep on ignoring the fact that any reason Iran would have to conduct what you're peeing your pants over would be a result of US interference (otherwise known as ****ing with people) in the region generally, and in their country specifically, beginning at least with our CIA sponsored coup against their government in 1953. Consequences can be painful.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #54
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Those would be the comic book villain motives I'm talking about.

    Iran sees that nations with nuclear weapons don't get invaded. They know they can't stand up to western nations in a conventional military conflict, but nuclear weapons can make an invasion of Iran too costly for any nation to undertake. Even getting nukes, Iran isn't stupid enough to use them on the United States, because that is literally the fastest way possible to get your nation wiped off the map.

    No nation on the planet stands to gain anything by attacking us.

    That is the problem Deuce, you are in the group that will deny what they say they believe is what they believe until you have no choice.. and then maybe a few days more. These are the Hadiths that Shi'ite Imams of Iran preach. By your argument Iran would have no reason to fund terrorism all over the world... but it does. How does Iran's funding of international terrorism fit in your mypoic view of what Iran actually believes?

    You say no nation stands to gain anything by attacking the US, but that is only after you pretend that the rest of the suicide cultists don't exist and that suicide in the name of Allah isn't actually a thing.

    People are dying and murdering for the very "comic book" beliefs you have been shown and choose to ignore.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #55
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lets keep on ignoring the fact that any reason Iran would have to conduct what you're peeing your pants over would be a result of US interference (otherwise known as ****ing with people) in the region generally, and in their country specifically, beginning at least with our CIA sponsored coup against their government in 1953. Consequences can be painful.

    Yay! This argument again! Chickens roosting and all of that ignorant bull****. It is a false argument, obviously... but you still try to make it.

    The Twelver sect of Islam has been around for hundreds of years. We have reached a point in history where there is a growing belief among the Twelvers that we are approaching the end and it is on them to bring about the terrible future on which the Mahdi will return.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Yay! This argument again! Chickens roosting and all of that ignorant bull****. It is a false argument, obviously... but you still try to make it.

    The Twelver sect of Islam has been around for hundreds of years. We have reached a point in history where there is a growing belief among the Twelvers that we are approaching the end and it is on them to bring about the terrible future on which the Mahdi will return.
    Oh yeah, that bull**** again. Well guess what. The sun is setting on US imperialism and hegemony. There's too many pushing back on it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nero fiddles as Rome burns....How pathetic is this?
    This is what voting for democrats gets you. But hey at least they haven't announced they have nukes yet and Obama's let them into Iraq.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is what voting for democrats gets you. But hey at least they haven't announced they have nukes yet and Obama's let them into Iraq.
    Don't be frightened, it will be ok.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Don't be frightened, it will be ok.
    Its not about being frightened. Do you have car insurance because you are frightened?

  10. #60
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its not about being frightened. Do you have car insurance because you are frightened?
    Some wound up right winger might slam on his breaks in front of me. Accidents happen everyday and are a very REAL concern. Stop being frightened over Iran.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •