Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

  1. #41
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    We have porous borders and lax internal security (because we are a free country) that are easily exploitable by anyone.
    Well having said that, if there were as many terrorists out there as we are convinced there are, surely we would have been attacked far more by now than we have been?

  2. #42
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well having said that, if there were as many terrorists out there as we are convinced there are, surely we would have been attacked far more by now than we have been?
    Well, first, I have made no argument about the numbers of terrorists in the US. I only said it was exploitable. 9/11 was 5 years in the making and our security back then was terrible. We've also fought our own proxy wars since 9/11 that have, until recently, kept the Islamic radicals on their heels. But once Iran has a nuclear threat -- primarily as a defense against invasion than as an attack on US soil -- it's military conquest of the ME will begin. It would be hard to combat Iran at that point because any base we try to establish to counter their advances would be an immediate target for nuclear attack. Iran is playing the long game.

    ISIS would be a more immediate threat for terrorist attacks in the US because they WANT a war with the US. They are in a state of war with the US right now. What they expect from this war is for the US to back down and give them more standing in the region and in the world of radical Islam. They need us to back down in order to get radical groups like Boko Haram, Al Qaeda and Hamas to join their struggle.

    If the US doesn't meet the challenge with extreme military action to crush ISIS then we will see their cancer metastasize across the globe.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #43
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    When their leadership preaches death to America and the west? Yes, we should be concerned about every weapon they create.
    Words of Warcraft - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #44
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Hey look, a comedy central skit from a self proclaimed fart comic. We should heed its expert advice.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #45
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Hey look, a comedy central skit from a self proclaimed fart comic. We should heed its expert advice.
    Conservatives in this thread reminded me of that bit.

    Iran isn't run by comic book villains. They don't just do evil for the sake of doing evil. They don't stand to gain anything by attacking the United States.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #46
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,662

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Conservatives in this thread reminded me of that bit.

    Iran isn't run by comic book villains. They don't just do evil for the sake of doing evil. They don't stand to gain anything by attacking the United States.
    I'm sure he has some other witty zingers about people who opposed leaving Iraq and who called Russia our chief geopolitical foe, too.

    You should also do some reading on the particular sect of Shi'ism that rules Iran.

    Iran and ISIS have the same goal, the return of the Caliphate and the Twelfth Imam. Iran simply thinks that the best way to achieve it is to first get nuclear weapons. Either way they believe the only way to achieve the end goal is through bloodshed.

    Look at the Islam.org list of the major signs of the last days before the return of al-Mahdi:

    Major Signs of the Last Day

    Read it carefully. These signs, unlike the Christian prophecy of end days, require Islamic armies to take an active role in conquering the world, and the last stages are a holy fire that starts in Yemen and moves across the middle east to Syria.

    This, they believe, is there duty to bring about.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I'm sure he has some other witty zingers about people who opposed leaving Iraq and who called Russia our chief geopolitical foe, too.

    You should also do some reading on the particular sect of Shi'ism that rules Iran.

    Iran and ISIS have the same goal, the return of the Caliphate and the Twelfth Imam. Iran simply thinks that the best way to achieve it is to first get nuclear weapons. Either way they believe the only way to achieve the end goal is through bloodshed.

    Look at the Islam.org list of the major signs of the last days before the return of al-Mahdi:

    Major Signs of the Last Day

    Read it carefully. These signs, unlike the Christian prophecy of end days, require Islamic armies to take an active role in conquering the world, and the last stages are a holy fire that starts in Yemen and moves across the middle east to Syria.

    This, they believe, is there duty to bring about.
    Those would be the comic book villain motives I'm talking about.

    Iran sees that nations with nuclear weapons don't get invaded. They know they can't stand up to western nations in a conventional military conflict, but nuclear weapons can make an invasion of Iran too costly for any nation to undertake. Even getting nukes, Iran isn't stupid enough to use them on the United States, because that is literally the fastest way possible to get your nation wiped off the map.

    No nation on the planet stands to gain anything by attacking us.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Those would be the comic book villain motives I'm talking about.

    Iran sees that nations with nuclear weapons don't get invaded. They know they can't stand up to western nations in a conventional military conflict, but nuclear weapons can make an invasion of Iran too costly for any nation to undertake. Even getting nukes, Iran isn't stupid enough to use them on the United States, because that is literally the fastest way possible to get your nation wiped off the map.

    No nation on the planet stands to gain anything by attacking us.
    Problem is that by the time it becomes too real for you to deny any longer, it's too late...Good plan.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,744

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Problem is that by the time it becomes too real for you to deny any longer, it's too late...Good plan.
    The same could be said for invading Canada. What, do you want to just sit on your ass and wait until Canada nukes us?

    It is impossible to survive a nuclear war with the United States. Do you think the leadership in Iran wants to die?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran unveils new missiles, drones

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nero fiddles as Rome burns....How pathetic is this?
    This is a good thing for Iran. Don't you think countries have a right to self defence or influence in their regions?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •