Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

  1. #21
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    We could do nothing.....and we can wait until they bring it our way. Which eventually they will do. As our way of life.....is a threat to all that they believe in. Best to not let them grow strong and to a point where they are more of problem than they should have ever become.
    To be cynical..
    I was not averse to letting ISIS and the Shi-Iraqi/ranians fight for 10 years.
    Another Sunni v Shia Proxy war. (Iran v Saudi money)

    Kind of a dream scenario that was.
    But once ISIS broke into Kurd country, we owed them some 'goodwill' and I support their getting it.
    And at some point much sooner than my idealized conflict, ISIS would inevitably have to be dealt with.


    EDIT: I owe a 'hat tip' to Rainman05 for my OP fact that there are more British Muslims fighting in Syria/Iraq for ISIS (500) than are in the British Armed forces.
    Last edited by mbig; 08-24-14 at 07:16 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #22
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    NO one said this "rated a war".
    A pretty perverse strawman you posted.
    It would certainly rate another drone strike or two tho.

    Nor were drones in Yemen, etc likely the reason this [apparenty] BRITISH RAP STAR went Rogue.

    London rapper Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary investigated as police hunt for 'Jihadi John'

    Published: 23 August 2014 Updated: 17:18, 23 August 2014
    London rapper Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary investigated as police hunt for 'Jihadi John' - Crime - News - London Evening Standard



    Guess that's another reason why they have been focusing on Voice ID.

    See also
    US, UK eye rapper as British-born militant who beheaded journalist James Foley | Fox News
    Report: British intelligence has identified Foley's killer - Middle East Israel News | Haaretz


    Please reference the early posts in this thread.


    and, once again, aerial bombing is war. Spin it any way you like, but you would not be defending it if your local police force was deployng drones on the populace.

    Once again your bombing has been going on for thirteen years and there is no end in sight.

    And I never even mentioned Yemen. Please stick to the facts.

    And please check the meaning of "straw man".
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    To be cynical..
    I was not averse to letting ISIS and the Shi-Iraqi/ranians fight for 10 years.
    Another Sunni v Shia Proxy war. (Iran v Saudi money)

    Kind of a dream scenario that was.
    But once ISIS broke into Kurd country, we owed them some 'goodwill' and I support their getting it.
    And at some point much sooner than my idealized conflict, ISIS would inevitably have to be dealt with.


    EDIT: I owe a 'hat tip' to Rainman05 for my OP fact that there are more British Muslims fighting in Syria/Iraq for ISIS (500) than are in the British Armed forces.

    If it was ISIL's intention.....it appears there is a stirring up of Shia. In Yemen and Bahrain, Lebanon and Iraq.....now the attack on the Sunni Mosque in Iraq has just stirred up a hornets nest. Seems to be spreading to me.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    I say Nuke ISIS, and then Nuke the Whales !

  5. #25
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I say Nuke ISIS, and then Nuke the Whales !
    Is whale meat good fried?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #26
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I had been reading they've been working on this.
    There have been apparently about 500 British Muslims fighting for ISIS/etc, many more than in the British Armed forces.

    Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading
    Ambassador to U.S. Says 'We Are Close' Via Voice Technology and Other Information
    By ADAM ENTOUS - WSJ
    Aug. 24, 2014 - 10:10 a.m. ET
    Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading - WSJ
    These agencies and the news media do know that these terrorists conceal their faces for anonymity, right? So why basically point out the details that these terrorists should be concealing? Because of this the next headcutter will conceal his voice and other details that the retards in the media decided to inform him about.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 08-24-14 at 09:50 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Britain Close to Identifying Suspect in Journalist's Beheading

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I say Nuke ISIS, and then Nuke the Whales !
    One thing at a time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •