Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,548

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    What do the Darren Wilson protesters have to be angry about? Wilson is alive.

    ...and if Wilson is prosecuted they will go one with their lives secure in the fact that the Ferguson PD will never shoot them down in the streets.
    How many black people has Wilson shot in his 6 years with the Ferguson PD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,548

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    There are racial problems in America and some conclusion could be drawn from Ferguson. I'm not sure that the conclusions would be ones that affect white, black relations however. The conclusions deal with a rush to judgement and the black community only seeing one side of the situation without knowledge of the facts surrounding what happened.

    When I heard a young unarmed black man was shot by police, I felt sad. When I heard he was shot in the back I felt angry. When I heard that he wasn't shot in the back I was confused. When I heard he had just strong arm robbed a convenience store I felt the shooting may have been justified. When I heard he broke the eye socket of the policeman who shot him I was glad he got shot.

    Bottom line, everyone should wait until all the facts come to light before running down to the nearest liquor store, breaking the windows and stealing vodka.
    The race hustlers don't care about the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good morning, CJ.

    Is it possible for people to wake up one morning, look around them, see that things aren't improving, and wonder why - or is that too difficult to face? Could it be that it's easier to listen to those who benefit from discord, and choose to believe them, thereby absolving themselves of any blame for their circumstances? I wonder....
    Good morning Lady P - hope all is well

    You just have to hang around DP for any length of time and watch liberals frequently resort to accusing opponents of racism whenever they are losing an argument to know that upwards of a third of the American population view racial division as a political tool. As such, until and unless liberal leadership decides to wake up as you suggest, racial division will continue to be used to club and shout down opposition to liberal social goals.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #24
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    From the linked story:
    "We are here to support you, officer Wilson, and we've got your back," said St. Louis resident Mark Rodebaugh whose wife's family owns the bar. "He has been vilified in the news but his story is coming out."

    Early in the day Sandra Fifer, an African American woman, drove up and disrupted the gathering. Walking among Wilson supporters, Fifer, who came alone, shouted "Why are the police not shooting on you?"
    To the bolded:
    The reason the cops were not "shooting on" them is because they weren't doing anything illegal, nor causing any trouble. THAT perception is the one that is causing a major part of the problem. The perception that cops are shooting at blacks because they are black. That is a lack of reasonable thinking. If a 300 pound white guy comes at a cop with a threatening manner, and the cop thinks he is in mortal danger, he's going to shoot the big white guy too. If a big white guy breaks into my house with intent to harm, I'm going to shoot him. I don't care what color he is. If he's doing something illegal and I have a reasonable cause to suspect he will cause me harm, he's going down. Period. NO matter what color you are, if you aren't doing anything illegal, and you aren't threatening to others, you aren't likely to get shot. I can't believe how many people fail to see this.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #25
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Brown tried and convicted himself when he decided to assault a police officer.



    That's your opinion, which you are entitled to and the courts won't know about at any trials that take place.

    IOW: You're wasting your breath.




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

  6. #26
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    This thread is more about racialism than it is racism.

    Martin Luther King once made a statement in regards to judging a person based upon the quality of their character instead of the color of their skin. Racialists have turned that one on its ear, as they defend this intimidating thug solely on the basis of his skin color and not the quality of his character.

    Replacing an old system of prejudice with one that is its opposite is not progress. Being born with black skin does not give a person the right to rob and intimidate any more than being born Muslim gives one the right to terrorize. Unfortunately, far too many think it does as they are so overeager to appear unprejudiced that they adhere to extreme prejudice by way of defense.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #27
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    As the crow flies the two rallies held Saturday afternoon over the fatal shooting of an unarrmed black teen by a white policeman were about 10 miles (16 km) apart, but the racial divide that separated them made that distance seem infinitely greater.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/two-rallies-on...004209133.html


    Anyone who thinks that there's no racism and no racial division in the USA could learn a lot in Ferguson, Mo.

    But they'd have to keep their eyes, ears and minds open.




    I predict that some people in the USA will learn nothing from the Ferguson tragedy and similar events because they have their eyes, ears and minds closed.
    I believe people who openly challenge authority and rule of law will learn nothing from any of this.

    I also see the fact that there were 12 million arrests last year and only 400 police involved shootings. Although the media and their race-baiting partners would like for us to believe differently, it is indeed a rare event where it's not justified.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #28
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    the fatal shooting of an unarrmed black teen by a white policeman .
    I suppose not everybody is equipped with the sort of mind capable of analyzing the myriad ways in which information is presented in order to frame an interaction in such a way as to elicit the desired response, but this "unarmed black teen" meme has been chosen in order to influence perception.

    The person who wrote this could have just as easily said "the fatal shooting of a 300 pound robbery suspect by the police", but had they done so, they would have not succeeded in their agenda, which was to elicit the desired reaction in the reader. By eliminating the race of the robbery suspect and policeman, the actual actions could be evaluated with less prejudice, and while this hulking man was 18, characterizing him as a "teenager", while true technically, is nevertheless an attempt to deceive. He was a quite fully grown adult and not some little kid.

    If people wish to display they are little more than programmable automatons who simply react in ways that are nothing more than a conditioned response, by all means, do fall for this sort of framing mechanism that attempts to manipulate based upon race and age. The rest of us, however, might wish to wait until all the facts are out and not salivate quite so demonstrably at the sound of the dinner bell.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #29
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I suppose not everybody is equipped with the sort of mind capable of analyzing the myriad ways in which information is presented in order to frame an interaction in such a way as to elicit the desired response, but this "unarmed black teen" meme has been chosen in order to influence perception.

    The person who wrote this could have just as easily said "the fatal shooting of a 300 pound robbery suspect by the police", but had they done so, they would have not succeeded in their agenda, which was to elicit the desired reaction in the reader. By eliminating the race of the robbery suspect and policeman, the actual actions could be evaluated with less prejudice, and while this hulking man was 18, characterizing him as a "teenager", while true technically, is nevertheless an attempt to deceive. He was a quite fully grown adult and not some little kid.

    If people wish to display they are little more than programmable automatons who simply react in ways that are nothing more than a conditioned response, by all means, do fall for this sort of framing mechanism that attempts to manipulate based upon race and age.
    The rest of us, however, might wish to wait until all the facts are out and not salivate quite so demonstrably at the sound of the dinner bel
    l.



    Believe whatever you want to believe and spread whatever story that you want to spread.

    Me, I'm going to just wait and see how any trials related to this case turn out.

  10. #30
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Two rallies, one racial divide over Ferguson shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    But, OTOH: When you're wrong, you're wrong, eh?

    Me, I'm going to wait and see how any trials turn out in this case.
    I was referring to your thread title, not guilt or innocence. There is definitely a racial divide, but it is very much part of one side, but not so much on the other.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •