Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 834

Thread: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209:785]

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Wrong again you need to pay more attention.

    We have no evidence of murder avialable most of the evidence is still under police control and they are not releasing it.

    HE is innocent until proven guilty.

    Even though it can go either way and I support justice if he was wrong the fact is that the very limited and sketchy evidence we have so far points to a justified shooting not murder.

    No evidence supports the description you gave whatsoever.

    It may be arguable that the african american GROWN ADULT Brown was surrendering and holding his hands up to do so but again the little evidence we have does not support that.

    In addition no evidence whatsoever of any kind exists suggesting that he was LAYING DOWN when he was shot. IN fact every alleged witness on both sides of the argument disputes that as none have claimed he was in a prone position.

    I will support the officers trial and conviction if evidence points to his guilt so far however what very little is known points to no such thing
    I raised two boys and believe me I know, at 19 ... though he may have weighed 300 pounds he was a kid and nothing more.
    Wrong.
    He is considered innocent in the eyes of the law until he is proven guilty.
    He well may be guilty now.
    In my opinion he is.
    Autopsy report states that the final and lethal shot entered the TOP of his head and lodged in the FRONT of his brain.
    The other face shot entered and exited above the right eye socket, entered and exited his jaw and entered just above his collar bone.
    Both shots are only consistent with a face down prone position.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-23-14 at 03:38 AM.

  2. #32
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    Wrong. See point five above.
    Uh point five above merely supports what I said he was shot while standing UNTIL he fell down.

    He was not shot while in a proven prosition

  3. #33
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I raised two boys and believe me I know, at 19 ... though he may have weighed 300 pounds he was a kid and nothing more.
    Wrong.
    He is considered innocent in the eyes of the law until he is proven guilty.
    He well may be guilty now.
    In my opinion he is.
    Autopsy report states that the final and lethal shot entered the TOP of his head and lodged in the FRONT of his brain.
    The other face shot entered and exited above the right eye socket, entered and exited his jaw and entered just above his collar bone.
    Both shots are only consistent with a face down prone position.
    He was a grown adult period your off spring included.

    Not wrong.

    The autopsy report is also consistent with a man running toward the gun and no witness of any kind claims he was shot while lying down.

    He is innocent until proven guilty as all are despite your demand otherwise based on no evidence

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Uh point five above merely supports what I said he was shot while standing UNTIL he fell down.

    He was not shot while in a proven prosition
    How can anyone be shot into the very top of their head, entering their brain and lodging at the front of the brain, if they are shot from the front?
    Magic bullet?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    1. The police released a video suggesting that Brown may have been involved in a cigar theft at a nearby convenience store. Later that day, the police chief admitted that Officer Wilson “had no knowledge of Brown as a suspect when he shot Brown.” (Source)

    While you categorize it as suggesting, it was confirmed that that was him robbing the store.

    And the initial contact with them had absolutely nothing to do with the robbery. It was telling the fools to get out of the street.
    Only after did he become aware and reengage.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    3. Last Friday, police chief Jackson released 19 pages of documents regarding the flimsy connection between Brown and the convenience store robbery. Journalists (and Brown’s lawyers) had requested information on the shooting itself and received nothing. “When pressed, however, Jackson said that Officer Wilson was not aware of the robbery reports when he stopped Brown, and that the confrontation between Wilson and Brown occurred because Brown and a friend were obstructing traffic by walking in the middle of the street.” (Source)
    Your bias is shining through. There was no flimsy connection. And telling the fools to get out of the street was what the initial contact was about.
    I can't believe that at this point in time you are trying to say it was a flimsy connect. It was him who robbed the store.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    4. According to St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar, “the incident started when Brown physically assaulted the police officer, pushing him into the officer's vehicle. He said there was a struggle inside the car, and at some point Brown reached for the officer's weapon. One shot was fired inside the vehicle. Brown suffered fatal gunshot wounds outside of the vehicle, approximately 35 feet from the car.” This does not match any of the eye-witness reports, nor is there an official report from Wilson on the events. (Source)
    Wow? Who said it doesn't match? Because it certainly does match what has been reported.
    Even Dorian tells you there was a struggle and a gun shot at the vehicle.
    It's like you don't pay attention to the evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    5. Five eye-witnesses have come forward; only two knew each other previously. All five stories are extremely similar. An altercation at the vehicle, single shot fired, followed by the two boys running away. Wilson exited the vehicle and pursued them, continuing to fire his weapon. Brown turned around with his hands up and Wilson shot until he was on the ground. (Source, source)
    Wrong. Nothing reliable has been provided.
    And as we know the first two reports were contrived and obvious lies, as shown by the autopsy. He was not shot in the back or execution style.
    Anything after those two false reports, which align with those false reports, are also suspect as fabrications.





    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    2. To assist in painting Brown as a criminal, a photo circulated depicting a young black man doing questionable things. Turns out, this was not Brown and was purposefully distributed by a Kansas City police officer. (Source)
    To assist?
    One isolated person. Get over it.
    It was discovered early on that it was not thug Brown but another thug that had murdered his grandmother.
    Irrelevant to the known evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    6. Who called in the event? Anonymous hacked the St. Louis County dispatch where confusion regarding the event is noted due to them discovering the event on the news. The dispatcher says, "We’re just getting information from the news, and we just called Ferguson back again and they don’t know anything about it." While this does not necessarily prove that Wilson did not report the event, it does bring up questions of why the Ferguson Police Department has been so close-lipped about this event. (Source)
    Irrelevant to the known evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    7. Journalists have been assaulted, arrested, had guns pointed at them, threatened, shot with tear gas, shot with rubber bullets, and generally harassed. Perhaps they get a little overzealous at times, but documenting the events is not a crime. (Source)
    Irrelevant to the known evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    8. While some of you might not think the situation is a big deal, it has attracted the attention of Amnesty International. They remarked that this event “was more akin to the organization’s work during the 2013 protests in Turkey than it was to any previous action the group has taken in the United States.” (Source)
    AI is irrelevant in their own accord.
    And especially irrelevant to the known evidence.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #36
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    How can anyone be shot into the very top of their head, entering their brain and lodging at the front of the brain, if they are shot from the front?
    Magic bullet?
    How many times does it need to be explained to you?
    Even the private examiners explained how it would occur.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    He was a grown adult period your off spring included.
    You don't know many nineteen year olds do you.




    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    He is innocent until proven guilty as all are despite your demand otherwise based on no evidence
    Absolutely false premise. Let a lawyer explain this concept to you;
    Innocent until proven guilty?

    Written by Steven Weir

    Criminal Defense Attorney

    Contributor Level 11

    So, is a person "Innocent until proven guilty"?

    No, NO, a thousand times NOOO!!!

    I can't tell you the number of times I've heard the legal standard mistated in this way. Forget what your neighbor or your high school civics teacher said. Forget what you heard on TV. Nobody is ever innocent until proven guilty, either in real life, or in a real courtroom. And this isn't just a matter of semantics. It has real life implications. So let's start by understanding where the phrase comes from, and what it means in the real world.

    The correct way of stating this principle is that an individual is PRESUMED innocent IN THE EYES OF THE LAW until such time as there is a finding of guilt by a judge or a jury. This is what is known as a "legal fiction". It is a way to treat people when we have not come to a point in time where we have enough information produced as admissible evidence in court to consider a person guilty of a crime, and it's time to make a determination of whether or not we think s/he is guilty. We assume, without regard to the actual truth, that the person is innocent, until such time that such a determination is made by the judge or a jury that the individual is indeed guilty. Then and only then are we supposed to treat the individual as guilty in the eyes of the law.
    Innocent until proven guilty? - Avvo.com

  8. #38
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    Wrong. See point five above.

    Eyewitness statement of events. Spontaneous even.



    Brown doubled back and ran towards the Officer. This witness was surprised because he thought the Officer was missing Brown as he approached.
    This witness does not indicate any activity that could even be described as surrendering.
    And running towards the Officer is not indicative of someone surrendering.
    Last edited by Excon; 08-23-14 at 04:09 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post



    The autopsy report is also consistent with a man running toward the gun and no witness of any kind claims he was shot while lying down.
    There are no witness accounts that describe Brown as running towards Wilson with his head down.
    That is an often repeated fabrication not based on any witnesses account of what they saw.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 08-23-14 at 04:12 AM.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I raised two boys and believe me I know, at 19 ... though he may have weighed 300 pounds he was a kid and nothing more.
    They can still be a clear danger to others. And are. Are you claiming that no 19 yr olds harm or kill other people?

    Brown is recorded using his size and aggression to intimidate a shop owner.

    We're not talking about their judgement here...we're talking about action. They do have the ability to act...and they do act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •