Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 834

Thread: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209:785]

  1. #381
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    I did not include the witness statements in my summary. Two of the witnesses claim Brown was shot again after he had fallen to the pavement.

    Edit: This is not to suggest that witness statements are any more reliable than official statements from police. Pretty much everyone has an ulterior motive.
    No witness saw him shot while lying on the pavement.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Source ?

    Dorian Johnson has a record, Dorian Johnson lied about Brown being shot in the back.

    Autopsy clearly showed all bullets came from the front.

    Dorian Johnson failed to include that he had just participated in a strong arm robbery.

    You actually consider his testimony credible ?

    And prior criminal record CAN be used against a witness in a court of law
    Sure hope you're not called for jury duty. Having just finished a 12 month Federal Grand Jury service I can tell you categorically that you are wrong.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #383
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Is it possible there's a systemic problem in the county? From the link above, I found this . . . another officer suspended for posting a video saying this:



    Suspended St. Louis Police Officer: "I'm Into Diversity, I Kill Everybody"

    That's certainly inexcusable . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    A LEO posting a video like that is nuts. My point is that, if there's some kind of macho mindset going on in the county where a COP would actually feel comfortable posting something like that, perhaps it's an indication that there's a wrong-headed supervisory mindset in the county as well. Some of that smack talking is quite contagious.

    (Doing it in the service? Okay. Doing it as a cop? Not okay.)
    MaggieD, while this is certainly worthy of discussing in it own topic, it has no relevance to the Officer in question in this case.

    There is no relevant connection to him, or of him having such a viewpoint.

    So it is irrelevant to this case, and is nothing more than a distraction from the evidence.

    So again. A topic worthy of discussion, but nothing more than a distraction in this topic.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #384
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Still amazed that wingers on the right are anti civil liberties and pro police abuse, from the foul mouthed belligerence to the trigger happy, pushy, rubber bullet shooting, tear gas throwing, automatic weapon pointing, MRAP driving sob's on display in Ferguson.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #385
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    redacted / hidden
    distinctions without much difference
    Is that what you think? That's nice.
    While I would agree with you in general, you are wrong in this case.
    Wrong because it is being implied that such is being done for nefarious purposes.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #386
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    [B]You are forgetting that the men were both participating in a "d-ck size contest" at that moment.


    That is not what happened at all.
    An Officer was acting in the performance of his duties to apprehend a robbery suspect.
    That suspect became violent and made himself a lethal threat.
    That is not a "d-ck size contest".
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #387
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    It is ridiculous to put all your faith in authority that they are doing the right thing and being forthcoming with all information.
    There is no rational reason to suspect such. Until such time, any such assertion belongs in the CT zone.





    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Just saw an article by Boston dot com, shooting Brown was justified because of reasonable fear.

    Yup, them white cops always fear those big 'ol black folks, it's in their DNA, fear of black.
    Stop spewing racist and racial hatred.





    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There you go again pretending you know all the evidence.
    There you go making absurd and false claims again.
    Figures.

    How in the world do you confuse my saying "known evidence" with you thinking "all the evidence". Huh?
    Do you not know there is a difference?





    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    Did you notice how I included sources for everything I said? Are we just supposed to believe you at face value? The Ferguson Police Department certainly did not "confirm" that Brown robbed the store. The store owner has denied that Brown stole anything. So perhaps you could enlighten us with something other than your personal opinion.
    This is you not knowing the evidence, evidence that has already been discussed in multiple threads. As in those other threads sources were provided supporting exactly what I have told you.

    It was confirmed it was him. Through Dorian's attorney and the families attorney. And the store owner was willing to press charges.
    Learn the evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    You mean irrelevant to your preconceived conclusions for the events in question.
    No, I mean in accordance with the currently known evidence, which you apparently do not know.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    There is no evidence of more than 6
    There are many people who claim that they heard a lot more than six rounds.
    Eye-witness / ear-witness testimony is evidence .
    To say otherwise is not consistent with the American Judicial system.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    There is no evidence that he was rushing at Wilson and that is the only scenario that claims that Brown could have been a threat.
    Wrong.
    You were provided with it multiple times already.
    And the threat had already been established.
    And Brown had already established himself as a threat when he tried to take the Officers gun.
    That threat doesn't magically disappear because he moves away and then attempts to return. The same threat is still there.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The autopsy says he was facing the officer when he was HIT by most of the shots. One of the wounds that grazed his arm could have been inflicted either facing away or towards Wilson. That fact was reported in Baden's press conference about the autopsy.

    The Officer was firing as he approached.

    And here is the other thing that seems to escape you.
    Dr. Baden's re-autopsy is meaningless. Only the Official autopsy is going to matter.


    And then on top of that, where are the trajectory findings from Dr. Baden? That will certainly tell you the position the arms were in when they were hit, because all the shots have to originate from a very similar starting point and angle.
    Why are they absent form what Dr. Baden has revealed? Did he skip that? If so, why?
    This autopsy was for no other purpose than to spin a narrative by Parks and Crump.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    There are six confirmed shots that hit Wilson. Witness accounts say there could have been as many as ten shots fired and we know at least one hit a house across the street. Wilson could have been shooting and missing with most shots as the kid ran away.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Johnson's account is consistent with all the evidence that Wilson was shooting and Brown was hit while running away from Wilson and that when Brown surrendered Wilson kept shooting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    What reason would he have to lie?
    Johnson was the only witness to the entire encounter between Wilson and Brown and by far the closest.
    His account remains credible and consistent with all other witness accounts that are known.
    No he isn't, no he doesn't and he has no credibility.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Johnson didn't push the door back at Wilson bumping his head Brown did. Wilson was shooting to kill out of rage ...not because he was covering his ass.
    Really?
    Where are injuries on the autopsy showing a door struck him?





    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    All of the evidence is consistent with my claim.
    I haven't twisted anything.
    No it isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I know that he was pissed at these kids before he even started talking to them, and that he shot at a fleeing unarmed teen, and that he continued to shoot at that unarmed kid going down in a surrender posture.
    You know no such thing.
    Stop making things up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Johnson's account of the events says that Brown was shot while fleeing. He was closest to the victim and saw him get hit.
    Other witnesses report that they saw Brown flinch as he was running away.
    That is a lot more than a "speck of evidence".
    And he spun and lied from the get. He isn't credible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Accounts are that he shouted "Get the **** on the sidewalk" and then almost hit them when he backed up and threw his door open.
    No. This is nothing but you buying into the bs of the criminal cohort.
    Which in part has already been shown to be false.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    We do not know if it is incomplete they have not released it all
    The word is that a representative of the police union advised Wilson not to write one immediately after the homicide.
    It seems that he took that advice.
    IMHO I believe that a well thought out and carefully written report could never be as damaging to the defense, as the appearance of impropriety not writing one presents.
    All we have is a dispatch report with only the bare bones of who arrived at the scene and when they left outlined.

Page 39 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •