Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 834

Thread: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209:785]

  1. #131
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    This would be because police in general have never ever lied to protect their own, and especially not thisdepartment?
    That's called CYA in the military and police departments, and is as old as dirt. One would think that everyone knows that, but there are some who are naive.

  2. #132
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There's more evidence then has been seen and heard. A Grand Jury most likely won't hear all of it. The attorneys generally reveal as much evidence as is necessary to secure a true bill. Jurors are instructed that if through deliberation they feel compelled to no bill, to have the foreperson ask for more evidence, before no billing. They have the power of subpoena, and can ask for whatever they wish. Also, their bar is much lower than the trial jury, they need only find probable cause whereas the latter must find beyond reasonable doubt.
    The GJ, 9 whites, 3 blacks, expect no bias.

  3. #133
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    That's called CYA in the military and police departments, and is as old as dirt. One would think that everyone knows that, but there are some who are naive.
    It is equally naive to assume all departments do it all the time and that any incident which does not turn out the way you expected is a cover up.

    It is naive to assume a cover up without evidence of one.

  4. #134
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rochester
    Last Seen
    09-06-15 @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    97

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    The GJ, 9 whites, 3 blacks, expect no bias.
    What makes you think the GJ will be biased?

  5. #135
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    OK ... If Brown was running toward Wilson why are there no abrasions reported on his knees and elbows in the autopsy report? Keep in mind that Brown weighed 300 pounds and was wearing shorts.
    When you're running at someone shooting at you, you get hit and go down, you float like a butterfly, dontchaknow.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    There is only evidence of 6.

    The other 4 are pure speculation at this point.

    The police may have evidence of more than 6 but so far we only know of 6.
    At least one bullet was recovered from the house across the street.
    Some witnesses reported as many as ten.
    No hard number has been established.
    Does anyone know what kind of weapon Wilson was using and how many rounds it can carry?

  7. #137
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    First you say that Brown was shot from the front, then you say he was running away.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    The GJ, 9 whites, 3 blacks, expect no bias.
    Yeah, but what if that panel indicts Wilson! There's no room to blame bias either, think of it like that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #139
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    It is equally naive to assume all departments do it all the time and that any incident which does not turn out the way you expected is a cover up.

    It is naive to assume a cover up without evidence of one.
    Incomplete police report for starters.

  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    re: ACLU: Ferguson police report on Michael brown's death violates law [W: 209]

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •