Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 213

Thread: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

  1. #121
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    The False Flag That Couldn't....

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Less of a threat. At least the NVA had its people behind them, and it had some level of industrial capacity. These guys are just a well organized gang of thieves who majorly scored a bunch of US equipment and weapons.

    But having been there, North Vietnam was no threat at all to the US. All they wanted was to get the nasty invader out of their country. I consider that a reasonable wish.

    These guys don't even have a navy or an air force, and Chuck Hegal is saying they are a threat. They can't even cross the frigging ocean.
    Why would you think they need an air force or a navy?

  3. #123
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why would you think they need an air force or a navy?
    It seems to me that any credible threat to the US would need a credible military organization.

    A group of ragtag criminals running around the Mideast desert does not qualify as a threat to the US, IMO.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It seems to me that any credible threat to the US would need a credible military organization. A group of ragtag criminals running around the Mideast desert does not qualify as a threat to the US, IMO.
    Or Jayvees, as Obama called them.

    You seem to be one of those who believe that terrorists would act like the Allies forces did during WWII.

    Terrorists can now enter the US easily, and arm themselves as well. They will simply get a weapons of some sort and murder as many civilians as they can, in shopping centers, movie theaters, and elsewhere, and then go to trial. Keep in mind that terrorists are certainly not fearful of dying, or of going to prison.

    What happened in Washington DC, Fort Hood and Boston will become the norm, just as it is in Israel, Iraq, Syria, or any other war zone where terrorists are involved. Democracies believing they have a handle on terrorists and their tactics, or can rely on their military, are only fooling themselves. Think of the DC snipers times a hundred, or thousand, and then you'll get the idea.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    OMG, what are we going to do?!?!

    These guys are as big a threat to the US as the Viet Cong was! Yikes!

    Chuck Hagel must be having flashbacks to Saigon, poor baby.

    Heya HD. Check out the War on Terror Forum, where we have information up on these guys. Do you think possession of Scud Missiles make them more of a threat? They have now taken Assads last military base in Northern Syria. An Air base. They also now have an Airport.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...urces-say.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...ase-syria.html

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/23/wo...isis.html?_r=0

    So we are going to selectively bomb in Iraq then in Syria? We know this wont drastically hurt ISIS. But the question is where do we bomb in Syria? [/FONT][/COLOR]

    Well TDS. Assad decided to answer that question today.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...irstrikes.html

  7. #127
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya HD. Check out the War on Terror Forum, where we have information up on these guys. Do you think possession of Scud Missiles make them more of a threat? They have now taken Assads last military base in Northern Syria. An Air base. They also now have an Airport.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...urces-say.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...ase-syria.html
    That wouldn't have happened had Obama not been supporting these terrorists fighting Assad along with SA and a couple European partners.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That wouldn't have happened had Obama not been supporting these terrorists fighting Assad along with SA and a couple European partners.
    Heya Monte. It wouldn't have happened if Qatar and the Saud hadn't thrown out weapons to those Rebels either.....you don't think they played an even bigger role?

  9. #129
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well TDS. Assad decided to answer that question today.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...irstrikes.html
    Couldn't open the link bud. Are you saying that president Assad won't authorise US military operations in Syria?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #130
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Weighs Direct Military Action Against ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Monte. It wouldn't have happened if Qatar and the Saud hadn't thrown out weapons to those Rebels either.....you don't think they played an even bigger role?
    Don't know that you and I can measure that. But CIA training camps in Jordan and Turkey along with pilfered arms from Gaddafi's army have gone a long way. And I included Saudi in my post that you quoted.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •